The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's really cool. I tried to get a peek at it when I was riding dumbo a couple weeks ago but I don't remember it having any cladding on the building.

Everything I was reading said that the cladding went up in a couple days! They don't waste any time!

Everyone kept asking if that picture was an actual shot of the real thing...they couldn't believe it looked like that already.

Welcome to the club, I hope you have a great trip in Sept.

By the way, since you're apparently a Bama fan it reminds me that I saw Greg McElroy in the Indianapolis airport this weekend. Possible future understudy to Peyton? :rolleyes1
Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I am more excited about the trip than anyone else in my family. As for G Mac, I'd love to see him learn from(it pains me to say) the best qb(imo) to ever play the game. He's at the very least the best student of the game.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I think I am more excited about the trip than anyone else in my family. As for G Mac, I'd love to see him learn from(it pains me to say) the best qb(imo) to ever play the game. He's at the very least the best student of the game.

Being excited about it is part of being a DIS Dad. I've been several times and my wife has been a few times... we're going in Nov/Dec and I'm by far more excited about it than she is.

Yeah, it would be nice to see him in Indy. Peyton can't play forever, and they need to find somebody who has the IQ to sit and study the game and get better, while not having a huge ego that won't allow them to sit behind a future HOF for a few years.

Being excited about it is part of being a DIS Dad. I've been several times and my wife has been a few times... we're going in Nov/Dec and I'm by far more excited about it than she is.

Yeah, it would be nice to see him in Indy. Peyton can't play forever, and they need to find somebody who has the IQ to sit and study the game and get better, while not having a huge ego that won't allow them to sit behind a future HOF for a few years.

Andy, don't speak such blapemy. Of course Peyton can play forever. if favre can slig it into his 40's then Peyton (who doesn't have as many pains as Farve) most certainly can. Of course anyone other then Curtis Painter would be an upgrade.

DW just Emailed this to me, and I thought you all would appreciate it:

ONLY A MOTHER WOULD KNOW...

~ A Cup of Tea ~

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me.

I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favorite toys.

Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mom came home.

My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' Mom waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy; and she watched him drink it up.
Then she said, (as only a mother would know),

"'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water, is the toilet?"

DW just Emailed this to me, and I thought you all would appreciate it:

ONLY A MOTHER WOULD KNOW...

~ A Cup of Tea ~

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me.

I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favorite toys.

Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mom came home.

My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' Mom waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy; and she watched him drink it up.

"'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water, is the toilet?"

Hey, if it's good enough for the dog.....:rotfl2:

I dun aint seen much of the state of Florida but I have seen this!!!
yeehaw.jpg

BIL (Josh) DS (Christian) Me on our way from WDW to Port ST Lucie in 2008

Dont you wish you could UN-SEE that?!!

:lmao: :lmao: sometimes you just have to shake your head and laugh!!:lmao::lmao:

dw just emailed this to me, and i thought you all would appreciate it:

Only a mother would know...

~ a cup of tea ~

one day my mother was out and my dad was in charge of me.

Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when i brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mom came home.

My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' mom waited, and sure enough, here i came down the hall with a cup of tea for daddy; and she watched him drink it up.

"'did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water, is the toilet?"

wet clean up cubicle b3-10.....wet clean up cubicle b3-10 please

I ahven't heard anything. I hope not, I was planning on riding it in about a month :confused3

Agree. Unfortunately, Disney seems happy to have this as a "niche" for part of the year. :confused3

But the Star Wars brand is still going strong. Clone Wars might be the best version of Star Wars ever and has really gotten into a grove the last season or two. I don't see any end to my kids Jedi obsession...

But has anyone played Lego Star Wars 3? I must say (although my kids would never admit this), that I've been a little dissappointed. The graphics are not as good as previous games and the game playing is clumsy and poorly laid out. Too bad, we've really enjoyed playing these games as a family and I was looking forward to the new lego game. Hope they do a better job with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean.

I think this is just a rumor. I've seen nothing on the interwebs. Will let you know on Sunday when we're at the MK :cool1:

He is messing with you. Or maybe he got confused about the new queue, although it is open now, too.

thanks guys! i just talked to someone who is there today and it is open.:thumbsup2

Agree. Unfortunately, Disney seems happy to have this as a "niche" for part of the year. :confused3

But the Star Wars brand is still going strong. Clone Wars might be the best version of Star Wars ever and has really gotten into a grove the last season or two. I don't see any end to my kids Jedi obsession...

But has anyone played Lego Star Wars 3? I must say (although my kids would never admit this), that I've been a little dissappointed. The graphics are not as good as previous games and the game playing is clumsy and poorly laid out. Too bad, we've really enjoyed playing these games as a family and I was looking forward to the new lego game. Hope they do a better job with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean.

I think this is just a rumor. I've seen nothing on the interwebs. Will let you know on Sunday when we're at the MK :cool1:

Hey Doc, let me know if you see any of the Monorail hats with the spanish speal (sp?) on them while you're there. I showed DW and she is hoping they have some when we go next month. And of course have a great trip!!:banana:

My IT kung fu is weak. How does one get more on a line in one's signature than the mickeypath countdown? I cannot get anymore than the countdown in the line no matter how I lay it out. Who's IT kung fu is strong?

Randall,
Give this a try. In the signature editor you have a chunk of “HTML” code that links back to you ticker and it should look something like this (I had to replace the “[“ at the beginning of this with a “~” so you can see it and to prevent your web brower from actually trying to do it):

~url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']http://www.mic.......[/url][/COLOR]

The next chunk of HTML links back to your DisCapCon trophy and should look like this (again replace the “~” with a “[“):

[COLOR="Red"]~img]http://i50.tinypic.com/28m39l1.jpg

The trick to getting both of these on the same line in your Sig it to make sure that there are no unnecessary spaces or especially new-line-breaks in between the end of one link and the beginning of the next. So you need to delete everything between the “[/url]” at the end of the ticker and the “[/COLOR]” at the [U]begining[/U] of the next image. Just be sure not to delete the brackets of the whole thing will stop working.

Also, If this just makes you completely nuts, you can copy all of the code that is in you Sig and past it into a text file, or a Word file or just an email and send it to me and I’ll see if I can’t straighten it out four you and send it back (of course you’ll need to warn me about it first so I can send you my email address.

Hope this helps.

When we take our trip in May we will be celbrating our both our DD's 6th birthday. We were thinking about giving them disney dollars but I just read somewhere that they no longer are sold. The other option is a gift card for them to spend down there. If we buy one at the Disney Store does anyone know if we can use it in the parks?

You can also order the gift cards online through Disney. they have a much larger selection and they arrive pretty quickly. We did this for our DD last year and she had fun picking out the card :thumbsup2

Hey Don...look what I figured out!!! :thumbsup2
dis-dads-icon-highres-red_fade.png

dis-dads-icon-highres_tiedye.png

Well would ya look at that! Nate got it all figured out! Good job :thumbsup2

Actually, I should probably act like a regular member and add my name to it one of these here first days…
Don, if you have spare time, that would be May 12th (never mind the year, that's ancient history)

Page 1 updated :thumbsup2

I stumbled onto this place thanks to my sister. We are taking our first family WDW trip this Sept, and I couldn't be more excited. I look forward to learning all the awesome ins and outs from you WDW veterans.

Welcome to the club! You are member # 580 ! :thumbsup2

Arriving May 31 Staying till June 5 at the Poly with me(33), dw(34), ds(12), and ds(6)

ADR's at:
May 31 @ 6:40pm Chefs de France
June 1 @ 8:30pm Chef Mickey's
June 2 @ 8:45pm Narcoossee's
June 3 @ 9:35pm Ohana

Welcome to the club! You are member # 581 ! :thumbsup2

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list :thumbsup2

Well... DW woke up with some stomach virus thing and has been down and out today. So I'm "working from home" to help out around the house. It's nice to actually be able to listen to some Disney music while working... even had the "whistle while you work" song come on! :lmao::lmao:

Well... DW woke up with some stomach virus thing and has been down and out today. So I'm "working from home" to help out around the house. It's nice to actually be able to listen to some Disney music while working... even had the "whistle while you work" song come on! :lmao::lmao:

:thumbsup2 Very Nice :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter