The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Peanut Butter! The Red Sox finally won a game. At the hands of the Yankees, no less! AWESOME!

My two favorite teams: the Texas Rangers and whoever is playing the Yankees.:happytv:

I cannot claim ownage here, since I had 3 consecutive posts. Ownage is therefore relinquished to the next poster.

Lets go rockies!!!!!

I'd like to thank Bigtex for this distinguished honor of a hand me down "Page Ownage"!

Holy Peanut Butter! The Red Sox finally won a game. At the hands of the Yankees, no less! AWESOME!

My two favorite teams: the Texas Rangers and whoever is playing the Yankees.:happytv:

I cannot claim ownage here, since I had 3 consecutive posts. Ownage is therefore relinquished to the next poster.

I must give much respect for someone to give up "the ownage"....such a noble deed!

Now....according to my thinking...does this mean my Indians are a better team than the Yankees since they swept the sox? :rotfl2:

Little update on the Schwab family. Jacob was up and walking today...He went to see his sister Allison and they had a nice visit with each other. They have now been moved to different rooms that are seperated by a glass window so that they can be able to at least see each other are while they are in the hospital. Still no surgery on Jacob's jaw something was said that they would do a soft cast first before surgery...not even sure what that is or how it would work. Allison sitll paralyized from navel down like yesterday. They were told that the MRI showed some pooling of blood behind her kidneys...not sure if she is still bleeding or what there...Since they are at "the other hospital" in town than the one I work in we are having to piece together information from the family as they tell it the way that THEY understand it. Sometimes, how they understand it and how it is are different. Arrangements for Richard have still not be made and I am hoping that people do not start to become critical to Dale for it. She has so much on her plate right now. Tonight Jonathan (the son who is a senior) is in a play and the family is going to try to go there and be supportive for him in the midst of this tragedy. The community is rallying behind them. They are so loved here. Next weekend is Prom and our church and other members of the community are planning a spaghetti dinner to at the school and the hopes is that after "The Grand March" for Prom that families will come to the benefit dinner. They do not have any health insurance. Everyone here is trying to help right now but do not know how. It is times like this that you see the good come out of people the most. neighbors are trying to keep their yard neat...a local gravel compnay came today (without being asked) and fixed their driveway with a load of gravel. Keep praying! God is working miracles here and I am praying he continues to do so. I worked with Richard for over 20 years at the hospital and also have attended church with them for many years. I hav found myself praying for them all the time and even when I go to sleep I am dreaming aobut it and dreaming that I am praying for them.

Little update on the Schwab family. Jacob was up and walking today...He went to see his sister Allison and they had a nice visit with each other. They have now been moved to different rooms that are seperated by a glass window so that they can be able to at least see each other are while they are in the hospital. Still no surgery on Jacob's jaw something was said that they would do a soft cast first before surgery...not even sure what that is or how it would work. Allison sitll paralyized from navel down like yesterday. They were told that the MRI showed some pooling of blood behind her kidneys...not sure if she is still bleeding or what there...Since they are at "the other hospital" in town than the one I work in we are having to piece together information from the family as they tell it the way that THEY understand it. Sometimes, how they understand it and how it is are different. Arrangements for Richard have still not be made and I am hoping that people do not start to become critical to Dale for it. She has so much on her plate right now. Tonight Jonathan (the son who is a senior) is in a play and the family is going to try to go there and be supportive for him in the midst of this tragedy. The community is rallying behind them. They are so loved here. Next weekend is Prom and our church and other members of the community are planning a spaghetti dinner to at the school and the hopes is that after "The Grand March" for Prom that families will come to the benefit dinner. They do not have any health insurance. Everyone here is trying to help right now but do not know how. It is times like this that you see the good come out of people the most. neighbors are trying to keep their yard neat...a local gravel compnay came today (without being asked) and fixed their driveway with a load of gravel. Keep praying! God is working miracles here and I am praying he continues to do so. I worked with Richard for over 20 years at the hospital and also have attended church with them for many years. I hav found myself praying for them all the time and even when I go to sleep I am dreaming aobut it and dreaming that I am praying for them.

thanks for the update steve. i told tammy the other night what was going on. makes you look at life in a whole dif. way.how something like this can happen to anyone at anytime. im glad jacob is up and walking. we'll keep them in our prayers.

Thanks for the update, Steve. Great that the town is rallying around them. I'm constantly amazied at the improvements in neurosurgery and rehab so hopefully, Allison will start to make some improvements. A relatively small point right now, but I also know that Ohio participates in State Children’s Health Insurance Program for uninsured children in just this situation. Hopefully that other hospital is looking into this for them. And anyone who criticizes Dale for not planning Richard's funeral is an idiot. Her place is with her children now. It's the right thing to do and what any father would want. Will keep the Schwab family in my thoughts and prayers.

IT geeks assemble...got a IE8 question...

OK since my IT has moved us to IE8 for our browser standard...being we were stuck on IE6 for years...until finally...just before IE9 is released...we get moved to IE8.

Well now everytime I try to look at the Walt Disney World web site all I get is a bunch of text on the left...some overlaps and you cannot even read it.

I've played with the compatability mode stuff...made sure my flash player is up to date...but still I get garbage.

The Disney Parks site is good...Disneyland...Paris...Japan...Hong Kong...Aulani...all good...

WDW site is jumbled text/links. Any ideas? :rolleyes1

Messing with the compatibility mode and flash player won’t do anything as you found out. You probably need the I8IT patch that interfaces with IE6 and earlier software configurations. It may sound useless because you already upgraded to the IE8. The IE6 has a stymoan imbedded in the RAM of the server. The stymoan automatically scrambles and encodes certain websites based primarily on the amount of unauthorized user access. The more popular the site, the higher lever of encryption and the increase in the number of firewalls that need to be jumped to override the IE6 stymoan. I8IT is not cheap but unless you want to prevent it from reoccurring it is the only way to go.

To most residents of this state, that would have constituted nemesis talk, but I suspected you were just trying to see if I was paying attention (which is why I typed that particular response with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek). One of the benefits of living here is that you have no choice but to develop a fairly thick skin. A trait that is extremely useful in many, many situations.

Could be worse. You could live down here in Miami. Our residents and politicians invented the word stupid. Right now there is a cyber-hunt going on for someone impersonating a knowledgeable IT guy.

Thanks for the update, Steve. Great that the town is rallying around them. I'm constantly amazied at the improvements in neurosurgery and rehab so hopefully, Allison will start to make some improvements. A relatively small point right now, but I also know that Ohio participates in State Children’s Health Insurance Program for uninsured children in just this situation. Hopefully that other hospital is looking into this for them. And anyone who criticizes Dale for not planning Richard's funeral is an idiot. Her place is with her children now. It's the right thing to do and what any father would want. Will keep the Schwab family in my thoughts and prayers.

Well said!!!!! no one is in any position to judge them!! Just help them!

Are we that high? We also have to consider how many are active.

The posts per thread counts that Carl does are probably the best count of our "active members". Based on that, I would think that there are no more than 40 at any one time, with people dropping out and only a few of the new members sticking around long. Hard to quantify "lurkers"...

Oh, and in jail, I think it might be easier to keep up with 10+ pages/day! Although personally I don't have experience in that area.

Based on the thread stats of 1,670 replies but 19,700 views, I'm guessing we have quite a few lurkers.

Don't be afraid! Say Hello!

did someone ask for stats????

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 1,691

User Name Posts

theduck619 150
afwdwfan 99
DisDadDoc 88
dvczerfs 87
prattpak 87
scott2997 75
stopher1 74
IamTrike 70
trennr 70
AJRitz 67
Emma's Dad 65
KTME 60
BigTex71 57
Rental01 46
DisneyFed 43
jason4024 41
FreezinRafiki 40
Captain_Oblivious 39
that's nice 36
carlnix30 35
Disney Commando 31
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 29
Cinderella's Fella 22
DEA 22
BigTikiDaddy 22
Mrmrezg 20
DisneyDadC 18
Mipatn 17
cj9200 17
Wherem I Now 15
ClearScreen 15
Goofy + 3 14
GoHerd1028 12
middlepat 12
macfinn 9
The Disney Fanatic 9
wasnotafan 8
MiJo 7
billybobblockhead 7
twokids0204 7
thebigdisneydaddy 6
Grooovertoo 6
Bunch24 6
rescuetink 5
RAlexander84 4
chillcoupons 4
aggordon2 3
Big_Disney_Fan 2
unclescrooge_0707 2
Disneyferris 2
AirGoofy 2
DNSYFRK 1
DisDr. 1
MichMickey 1
oXar 1
Wolfpacklegion 1
Tuney 1
pthuhges2 1

Oh crud,I fell out of the top 25 wow!!! ballfield is sucking up all my Dis time lol

Wow...I knew if I tried hard enough I could get ahead of stopher! It only took him going on vacation to give me a chance to make to make my move! :thumbsup2

Who Posted?

User Name Posts

theduck619 150
afwdwfan 99
DisDadDoc 88
dvczerfs 87
prattpak 87
scott2997 75
stopher1 74
IamTrike 70
trennr 70
AJRitz 67
Emma's Dad 65
KTME 60
BigTex71 57
Rental01 46
DisneyFed 43
jason4024 41
FreezinRafiki 40

Oh crud,I fell out of the top 25 wow!!! ballfield is sucking up all my Dis time lol

If the duck would slow down it could be a good horse race to the finish !!! :cool1:

Carl, looks like we will be making a quick stop at SP Wed around 4pm to get our hard passes. If your around we could stop somewhere for quick dinner:confused3

Who Posted?

User Name Posts

theduck619 150
afwdwfan 99
DisDadDoc 88
dvczerfs 87
prattpak 87
scott2997 75
stopher1 74
IamTrike 70
trennr 70
AJRitz 67
Emma's Dad 65
KTME 60
BigTex71 57
Rental01 46
DisneyFed 43
jason4024 41
FreezinRafiki 40
Captain_Oblivious 39
that's nice 36
carlnix30 35
Disney Commando 31
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 29
Cinderella's Fella 22
DEA 22
BigTikiDaddy 22
Mrmrezg 20
DisneyDadC 18
Mipatn 17
cj9200 17
Wherem I Now 15
ClearScreen 15
Goofy + 3 14
GoHerd1028 12
middlepat 12
macfinn 9
The Disney Fanatic 9
wasnotafan 8
MiJo 7
billybobblockhead 7
twokids0204 7
thebigdisneydaddy 6
Grooovertoo 6
Bunch24 6
rescuetink 5
RAlexander84 4
chillcoupons 4
aggordon2 3
Big_Disney_Fan 2
unclescrooge_0707 2
Disneyferris 2
AirGoofy 2
DNSYFRK 1
DisDr. 1
MichMickey 1
oXar 1
Wolfpacklegion 1
Tuney 1
pthuhges2 1

Show's you how much I know! :confused3 58 guys posted so far. Everyone with >1 post is probably a regular, but of the 7 guys with only one post, several I know are regulars from previous threads. A much higher total than I would have guessed!

Strong work, duck! :worship:

And how do you do that so fast, Carl? Amazing. Can't be manual count...

And accidental ownage, again. :banana:

Carl, looks like we will be making a quick stop at SP Wed around 4pm to get our hard passes. If your around we could stop somewhere for quick dinner:confused3

let me see what I am doing,you have my cell number call me or I will call you. Usually I shoot pool on Wed nights so I go straight from work to there ,but I may be able to swing something.

Show's you how much I know! :confused3 58 guys posted so far. Everyone with >1 post is probably a regular, but of the 7 guys with only one post, several I know are regulars from previous threads. A much higher total than I would have guessed!

Strong work, duck! :worship:

And how do you do that so fast, Carl? Amazing. Can't be manual count...

Thanks, Chris :mad: I had a big speech all prepared and I wanted ownage to post it, but .................JK!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks guys for accepting me into the club!!! :thumbsup2
It has been and will continue to be fun to share this board with all of you. :worship:

<----- 100
I'M BUYING :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Thanks, Chris :mad: I had a big speech all prepared and I wanted ownage to post it, but .................JK!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thanks guys for accepting me into the club!!! :thumbsup2
It has been and will continue to be fun to share this board with all of you. :worship:

<----- 100
I'M BUYING :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Sorry, Greg! Slow night at work=lots of posts! Congrats on 100! :cool1:

Thoughts and prayers are still heading that way. Nice to see the town rallying around these folks. They’ve got one very long row to hoe ahead of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter