The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck are you doing laughing? :confused3

You need to be packing!!! :thumbsup2

T-4 days and counting!!!!!! :cool1::):cool1::banana:

We've been packed for a week! Clothes all laid out. Piles with lists (& checkboxes) for back-packs. Just waiting for Thursday to zip them up!

:cool1::):cool1::banana:

We've been packed for a week! Clothes all laid out. Piles with lists (& checkboxes) for back-packs. Just waiting for Thursday to zip them up!

:cool1::):cool1::banana:

Jealous....wish I was gonna be at WDW for the week...but I guess a week at the beach isn't too bad either! :cool1:

Haven't even started to pack myself...many lists made...but no packing. I'll throw it all together Thursday night. A Few pairs of shorts, swimsuit, t-shirts, flip-flops and I'm out the door. :thumbsup2

I posted the new Monday poll over at disdads.com. Also, somewhat related (in that the poll is about DHS) is that I need a couple more volunteers for the podcast that we're scheduled to record on Thursday. Right now, I have prattpak and DEA on board. We could use up to three more volunteers to round out the panel.
This week's show is mosly about
Disney's Hollywood Studios.
I'd be more than happy to be on the podcast.

Morning guys... we're back from Florida. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. :wave2: The weather was great, the resort & room were terrific, the family time was awesome, and just being away from everyday life was fantastic. Sadly it had to end and the regular reality of life begins once more... my desk & email box are both full of new stuff to take care of, so I don't have a lot of time today to be on here, but I'll be back around later. Floriday was great. We had a marvelous time - and of course, I'm ready to go back. Wish we didn't have to leave... I'm going through our pictures, and will post something about our trip soon.

I see we're now about halfway through VIII - not too shabby! :)

Welcome back. Hope that you had a great trip.

I posted the new Monday poll over at disdads.com. Also, somewhat related (in that the poll is about DHS) is that I need a couple more volunteers for the podcast that we're scheduled to record on Thursday. Right now, I have prattpak and DEA on board. We could use up to three more volunteers to round out the panel. This week's show is mosly about Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Well, seeing as I'm about the 4th or 5th person to respond, you may not need anymore folks. However, I'll be available if you need someone. Also, you can go ahead and put me down for that Tuesday night slot too. I hope to have one of those USB mikes by then. Saw one at Wal Mart yesterday for $35; for me, that's too much. Where can I get one for less??

You like that bench too?

:lmao::rotfl2:

Welcome back. I anticipate being caught up in that very predicament in early July. I need to have a discussion with HR about adding “Cubical Service”. Ya’ think that one will fly? :rotfl2:

Friday Afternoon, they used to have the Beer Cart at work, where they'd bring a can of beer to your desk. NOW, I have to walk 72 steps to the bar at work to get my own on Friday Afternoons... but they have chips. :thumbsup2

When we take our trip in May we will be celbrating our both our DD's 6th birthday. We were thinking about giving them disney dollars but I just read somewhere that they no longer are sold. The other option is a gift card for them to spend down there. If we buy one at the Disney Store does anyone know if we can use it in the parks?

When we take our trip in May we will be celbrating our both our DD's 6th birthday. We were thinking about giving them disney dollars but I just read somewhere that they no longer are sold. The other option is a gift card for them to spend down there. If we buy one at the Disney Store does anyone know if we can use it in the parks?

I'm pretty sure they still sell Disney Dollars (even at the Disney Stores). I know for sure the gift cards you can buy at your local Disney Store are good in the parks.

Nice sig (reminds me of a couple of others that I’ve seen around here).
Excellent work on the part of the Lady of the House.
More proof that we all married up.

IamTrike... I wish my wife or I had this type of talent!!! That's so cool!!! :thumbsup2 And I see a lot more of you have really cool signatures!!!

Disney Surprise Trip FAIL

No, it's not my surprise trip. That's only 16 days away and the kids still have no idea we're going. My boss tried to surprise her kids with a trip this May. They went 2 years ago and her daughter has been asking pretty much constantly when they are going back. Finally, she booked the trip a week or so ago. She let her 13 year old son know, but decided to wait until Sunday to surprise her twins on their 8th birthday. She gave them a card, saying look for your first clue, look in the freezer. There was a note in there saying "We're going to chill out. For your second clue, look in the hall closet". In there, they found two to those big bouncy balls, with a note saying "We're going to have a ball. For your last clue, give your mom a kiss."
When they did, she handed them each a Disney Gift Card. The daughter got excited because she knew what it meant. The son didn't seem very thrilled, so his sister says to him "We're going to Disney World!" He replied with an "I know that!" and smacked her. She retaliated, pushing him down and banging his knee on the coffee table. He jumped up and tried to retaliate more before the adults stepped in and pulled them apart. :headache::headache:

Sounds like my house!

Hey Fed...I hope you and your son took baths after sitting in that 18 car!!!:lmao::rotfl2:

Stopher...Welcome Back!

Got to spend lunch today in the emergency room. My oldest took an elbow to the nose at recess and was bleeding all over the place. The nurse frantically called my wife telling her his nose is fractured and we needed to get him to the doctor ASAP. We rushed out of work got to the emergency room and saw the doctor within 10 mins of getting to the hospital. . The doctor examined him and said he looked fine. Thank god! Great way to start the week.

Hey Don...look what I figured out!!! :thumbsup2
dis-dads-icon-highres-red_fade.png

dis-dads-icon-highres_tiedye.png

Sounds like my house!

Hey Fed...I hope you and your son took baths after sitting in that 18 car!!!:lmao::rotfl2:

Stopher...Welcome Back!

Got to spend lunch today in the emergency room. My oldest took an elbow to the nose at recess and was bleeding all over the place. The nurse frantically called my wife telling her his nose is fractured and we needed to get him to the doctor ASAP. We rushed out of work got to the emergency room and saw the doctor within 10 mins of getting to the hospital. . The doctor examined him and said he looked fine. Thank god! Great way to start the week.

Glad to hear that your son is ok!! :)

Were they re-enacting a NHL game?

Friday Afternoon, they used to have the Beer Cart at work, where they'd bring a can of beer to your desk. NOW, I have to walk 72 steps to the bar at work to get my own on Friday Afternoons... but they have chips. :thumbsup2

:eek: Obviously, I’m working for the wrong folks. :lmao::lmao:

Absolutely. Wehn we went for the kids birthdays in 2009 we had everyone get them gift cards. When we got there, we had them all combined into one card for each. It was great them having their own money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter