The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
IamTrike... I wish my wife or I had this type of talent!!! That's so cool!!! :thumbsup2 And I see a lot more of you have really cool signatures!!!

I ain’t the best at tinkering with images, But I do like to tinker. What would you like to see? Maybe I (or someone better) could either supply some direction, ideas or even make something up for you. I’d be happy to play with any concept you might have, but I suspect that Trike and his “lady fair” could do an even better job if they have time.

Well we just got back from the funeral home. The line for Richard's viewing was 2 hours long and still wrapped around the block when we left at 830. That speaks volumes for his character I think! He is great missed. Allison was allowed to eat some ice cream today. She still has some tingling in her leg but no movement. The have put the boot on her so help with the dropping of the feet. She is scheduled to have surgery again on Wednesday so keep her in prayers. Jacob is doing much better today and was able to have this IV removed. Things for him are coming along. Tomorrow is the funeral. I truly appreciate evryone praying for them!

Glad to hear that your son is ok!! :)

Were they re-enacting a NHL game?

Thats what i was thinking. It was his best friend that did it to him. They were playing some game and his nose got in the way. We tend to have rather large noses in my family.:lmao: To get him back, Michael e-mailed his friend later in the day let him know he just got out of surgery to repair his nose. That promted a call from his friends mom. Its a good thing we are all friends and were able to laugh about it in teh end.

When we take our trip in May we will be celbrating our both our DD's 6th birthday. We were thinking about giving them disney dollars but I just read somewhere that they no longer are sold. The other option is a gift card for them to spend down there. If we buy one at the Disney Store does anyone know if we can use it in the parks?

Definitely you can. Disney Gift Cards are accepted at almost any Disney destination. I buy them every time for any trip. And they're reloadable too. Part of the fun now is collecting unused ones - since they have so many cool new pictures and designs - and they're free - unless you load them up. Several times various CM's at both WDW and DL have said go ahead, take whatever you want... so I do. I got several cool new ones this past week. I've even stopped bothering to go to the Disney Store to get ours... I just buy them at Meijer now... it's so easy and convenient, and there is no fee to buy them there. The only difference there is, at least at our store, you can buy pre-loaded kinds for $25, $50 or $100 - or load yourself kinds for any amount between $15 and $500. At the Disney Store you can get the load yourself kind for as little as $5. So I'm automatically going to get my kids $15 for the convenience factor of not having to go to the mall. They don't seem to mind though...

YeeeHaaaaw.jpg
:worship: Nicely done!:thumbsup2

Well we just got back from the funeral home. The line for Richard's viewing was 2 hours long and still wrapped around the block when we left at 830. That speaks volumes for his character I think! He is great missed. Allison was allowed to eat some ice cream today. She still has some tingling in her leg but no movement. The have put the boot on her so help with the dropping of the feet. She is scheduled to have surgery again on Wednesday so keep her in prayers. Jacob is doing much better today and was able to have this IV removed. Things for him are coming along. Tomorrow is the funeral. I truly appreciate evryone praying for them!
Sounds like a great turnout for visitation... if there's anything positive to take away from it. How awful must it be for the kids to be stuck in the hospital rather than mourn with family during this difficult time. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for them and their mother.

Sounds like a great turnout for visitation... if there's anything positive to take away from it. How awful must it be for the kids to be stuck in the hospital rather than mourn with family during this difficult time. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for them and their mother.

They have not told Jacob yet that he has died. When he asked for his Dad the other day they told him he was on a higher floor. I just hope that he handles it ok when they do tell him. He was Daddies boy! I forgot to mention that while we waited in line...it began to storm and pour the rain. No one left...we all stood there withour umbrellas. They had a bake sale today at school. They raised 3k:cool1: During the Car Washes that they had on Sunday they raised 6K:cool1: I am sure that the spaghetti dinner on Friday will do as well or better! I am very proud of this community!!! I also foudn out this evening that since neither Dale or Richard was able to have health insurance through work that they were able to qualify for an Ohio Medicaid card for the kids. That is a blessing to know that the medical bills for them will not be a lifelong burden for Dale.

I'd be more than happy to be on the podcast.
Well, seeing as I'm about the 4th or 5th person to respond, you may not need anymore folks. However, I'll be available if you need someone. Also, you can go ahead and put me down for that Tuesday night slot too. I hope to have one of those USB mikes by then. Saw one at Wal Mart yesterday for $35; for me, that's too much. Where can I get one for less??
Guys - if you want to volunteer for a podcast, please send Email at my screen name @disdads.com. It's just too hard to keep track of who volunteers for what in this thread. It moves too fast.

As for microphones, I've posted this link a couple of times, but I bought this one. It's pricey at retail, but buy one used or refurb, and they can be had for $20 or less. It works very well. As another option, do you own a version of Guitar Hero or Rockband that uses a microphone? If so, that USB mic may work (I've seen people post that such mics worked well for them. I haven't tried it myself).

When we take our trip in May we will be celbrating our both our DD's 6th birthday. We were thinking about giving them disney dollars but I just read somewhere that they no longer are sold. The other option is a gift card for them to spend down there. If we buy one at the Disney Store does anyone know if we can use it in the parks?

I'm pretty sure they still sell Disney Dollars (even at the Disney Stores). I know for sure the gift cards you can buy at your local Disney Store are good in the parks.

From what I understand, there may be a few Disney Dollars in circulation, but they're being phased out pretty aggressively. Apparently, they've had some pretty significant problems with counterfeiting. High-end inkjet printers and custom papers have simply gotten too easy to get access to these days. Gift cards are much more secure, and harder to fake.

Showered in Bleach...didn't help, but the car was fast:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wait, what is this I found...
bs.gif
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ahhh yes, but you just crossed the Start/Finish line. You’d have him sideways before the first turn (and we all know it :rolleyes1).

From what I understand, there may be a few Disney Dollars in circulation, but they're being phased out pretty aggressively. Apparently, they've had some pretty significant problems with counterfeiting. High-end inkjet printers and custom papers have simply gotten too easy to get access to these days. Gift cards are much more secure, and harder to fake.

Is there something wrong with me, or something right with me that counterfitting Disney Dollars has never occurred to me?

And did I read Dave (dvcerts? I forget) is up to 50 WDW visits? That's cool. I've been 5 times, Trips 1, 2, and 5 were GREAT! 4 was tough for some reason. Not "tough", just... not one of the best.

Still, around 50, are they still... Magical?

And did I read Dave (dvcerts? I forget) is up to 50 WDW visits? That's cool. I've been 5 times, Trips 1, 2, and 5 were GREAT! 4 was tough for some reason. Not "tough", just... not one of the best.

Still, around 50, are they still... Magical?

What about 3? You didn't way how 3 was...

Dave will hit 50 with his next trip. I hit 52 last week. I can't speak for Dave... but yes, it's still magical - just in different ways than it was the first 10, or even 20, 30, or 40. There's always something to do... and believe it or not - even after 52 trips to WDW - there are STILL things that have not been done... restaurants not yet eaten in... resorts not yet stayed at... experiences not yet enjoyed... tours not yet taken... yet. And the nice thing about DVC - is that there is always another trip on the horizon to find a way to enjoy yet another of those "not yet done" items.

The kids grow up and their interests change. We too get older, and find ourselves looking for different things... but there are still magical moments to be found in many different ways. It won't always be about the princess or jedi magic that the kids enjoy while they are younger - or the character magic... or even in the attractions... but often times it's in the unexpected moments. On this last trip last week our DD was treated like a queen by the server at BOMA, and even whisked off to help "ring in the bill" - then - for "helping" him ring it in, he presented her with a little light-up Tinker Bell... now THAT was magical for us and just made her trip super special, even though it was on the final morning, prior to us departing the World to head home. THAT is what she has talked about all day and evening today.

Leave in 4 days. Just joining Dis Dad's club.

5610581720_2c48c5d8f1.jpg

The motion blur in that background is really cool, especially since the pic of your son is so sharp.

IamTrike... I wish my wife or I had this type of talent!!! That's so cool!!! :thumbsup2 And I see a lot more of you have really cool signatures!!!
Only my wife has the talent. I just bumble around. If there is something particular you'd like I can ask her is she can help or give me some starting points.

Hey Don...look what I figured out!!! :thumbsup2
dis-dads-icon-highres-red_fade.png

dis-dads-icon-highres_tiedye.png

Ohhhh! Gradients...:thumbsup2 Nice

I ain’t the best at tinkering with images, But I do like to tinker. What would you like to see? Maybe I (or someone better) could either supply some direction, ideas or even make something up for you. I’d be happy to play with any concept you might have, but I suspect that Trike and his “lady fair” could do an even better job if they have time.

I like your sig too.

They have not told Jacob yet that he has died. When he asked for his Dad the other day they told him he was on a higher floor. I just hope that he handles it ok when they do tell him. He was Daddies boy! I forgot to mention that while we waited in line...it began to storm and pour the rain. No one left...we all stood there withour umbrellas. They had a bake sale today at school. They raised 3k:cool1: During the Car Washes that they had on Sunday they raised 6K:cool1: I am sure that the spaghetti dinner on Friday will do as well or better! I am very proud of this community!!! I also foudn out this evening that since neither Dale or Richard was able to have health insurance through work that they were able to qualify for an Ohio Medicaid card for the kids. That is a blessing to know that the medical bills for them will not be a lifelong burden for Dale.

That's great news on Medicaid. One less bruden for their family. Its great to here how the community is pitching in. We're still keeping them in our prayers here.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thats what i was thinking. It was his best friend that did it to him. They were playing some game and his nose got in the way. We tend to have rather large noses in my family.:lmao: To get him back, Michael e-mailed his friend later in the day let him know he just got out of surgery to repair his nose. That promted a call from his friends mom. Its a good thing we are all friends and were able to laugh about it in teh end.
Your son = AWESOME. Nice job dad!

Wait, what is this I found...
bs.gif

You noticed that too, huh? I agree - there should be much more distance between the van and police car.

Thanks for the update, buddy. Will keep praying for them & Dale. Remember that these improvements take weeks to months, so hang in there. Starting rehab early is the most important thing (which they've already done). Miracles happen! Just have to be patient...

They really need to tell his son, though. It's not going to get easier.

What about 3? You didn't way how 3 was...

Dave will hit 50 with his next trip. I hit 52 last week. I can't speak for Dave... but yes, it's still magical - just in different ways than it was the first 10, or even 20, 30, or 40. There's always something to do... and believe it or not - even after 52 trips to WDW - there are STILL things that have not been done... restaurants not yet eaten in... resorts not yet stayed at... experiences not yet enjoyed... tours not yet taken... yet. And the nice thing about DVC - is that there is always another trip on the horizon to find a way to enjoy yet another of those "not yet done" items.

The kids grow up and their interests change. We too get older, and find ourselves looking for different things... but there are still magical moments to be found in many different ways. It won't always be about the princess or jedi magic that the kids enjoy while they are younger - or the character magic... or even in the attractions... but often times it's in the unexpected moments. On this last trip last week our DD was treated like a queen by the server at BOMA, and even whisked off to help "ring in the bill" - then - for "helping" him ring it in, he presented her with a little light-up Tinker Bell... now THAT was magical for us and just made her trip super special, even though it was on the final morning, prior to us departing the World to head home. THAT is what she has talked about all day and evening today.

Very nicely put, Christopher!

Guys - if you want to volunteer for a podcast, please send Email at my screen name @disdads.com. It's just too hard to keep track of who volunteers for what in this thread. It moves too fast.

As for microphones, I've posted this link a couple of times, but I bought this one. It's pricey at retail, but buy one used or refurb, and they can be had for $20 or less. It works very well. As another option, do you own a version of Guitar Hero or Rockband that uses a microphone? If so, that USB mic may work (I've seen people post that such mics worked well for them. I haven't tried it myself).

Sent you an email last night. Also, seeing as I had to take DD to school at 5:50 AM this morning (the school is going on their annual Outer Banks field trip), I some extra time and decided to check out some USB microphones online before I went to work. Got one new on ebay for $15 with free shipping. There were several, like Aaron said, that could be had for less than $20. Many also came with a web cam combination set, for that price, but I wasn't interested in a web cam at this time, just the mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter