The DIS Dad's Club VIII - The Online Mancave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

Well, the time has finally come... the big 4-0. I remember when my parents turned 40 and I thought about what I would be doing when I was 40. I have to say that I exceeded my expectations in some regards, but lack in others.

Of course I don't own the Mercedes 600SL Sport I had set for my goal by the time I turned 40 (ah, for the minds of adolescents), but I do drive a slick family truckster minivan. And I am damn proud to drive the minivan - for I do it for my kids, the greatest 2 gifts my wife has ever given me.

And I have a great group of online friends here who share a love for two really great things in my life: being a good dad and the Disney 'World'. Thank you again for all the birthday wishes - it is a really good feeling to check in this morning and see all the birthday wishes from a bunch of guys I truly consider friends and great people.

Now I can start up the diet/exercise (tomorrow, I gotta have my cake and eat it today) to start getting in shape so I can have many more birthdays in the future!

You guys ROCK!

Hey guys... I can't keep up with you all. :sad2:

I have a question....

If you had $100 to do something 'special' or different in Disney with your 20 and 17 year old sons while your wife and daughter went for the afternoon tea at the GF what would it be???

I'm trying to help someone out with a few ideas.

Disney Quest! Or a nice sit down meal with the boys!

Well, the time has finally come... the big 4-0. I remember when my parents turned 40 and I thought about what I would be doing when I was 40. I have to say that I exceeded my expectations in some regards, but lack in others.

Of course I don't own the Mercedes 600SL Sport I had set for my goal by the time I turned 40 (ah, for the minds of adolescents), but I do drive a slick family truckster minivan. And I am damn proud to drive the minivan - for I do it for my kids, the greatest 2 gifts my wife has ever given me.

And I have a great group of online friends here who share a love for two really great things in my life: being a good dad and the Disney 'World'. Thank you again for all the birthday wishes - it is a really good feeling to check in this morning and see all the birthday wishes from a bunch of guys I truly consider friends and great people.

Now I can start up the diet/exercise (tomorrow, I gotta have my cake and eat it today) to start getting in shape so I can have many more birthdays in the future!

You guys ROCK!

Happy Birthday Big Guy :dancer::bday::dancer:

I have a question....

If you had $100 to do something 'special' or different in Disney with your 20 and 17 year old sons while your wife and daughter went for the afternoon tea at the GF what would it be???

HOOOOTERS!!!! RT192!:thumbsup2

I have a question....

I might go to the Boardwalk and do ESPN :confused3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIGTEX!!
doc, congrats on 1000
steve, we'll keep praying buddy. wish her good luck on her surg. today!:thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1: Congrats on the 1000th post! Nice speech :) Although you forgot to mention your nemesisisisis... :rotfl2:

D'Oh! Didn't realize this was a requirement!

Tim, UConn still sucks, and I hate to kick a man when he's down (and not even in the NIT!) but Steve, apparently the Herd sucked this year too. Did I miss anyone?

I know Doc, I got to get on board over there as well. Of course I also have to learn to quote smaller lines rather then the whole post :rotfl:

Yes, you do! I'll PM you.

I've managed to wake up and go to work, drive through the night to Orlando (I drove the whole way while everyone else slept), spend a day in Universal Studios and then see a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert that night resulting in my being up for about 44 straigh hours. This was pretty much done all under the power of Red Bull...

NEVER AGAIN

Andy, you are a crazy man! Strong work! :thumbsup2

Yeah, I've seen it, yeah it hits a little too close to home, no I've never been seated next to anyone that looks like Catherine Zeta Jones.

Got significantly less hot after marrying Michael Douglas...

I have a question....

I like the Disney Quest idea, but you may never get them out of there...

How about fishing on Bay Lake? Anyone try that yet? But that might be more than $100.

Or how about renting three of those little single-person boats and jetting around the lake for awhile. I think that's about $35/hour per boat. That has the advantage of being able to all meet back at the Grand Floridian (if you leave from their dock)

I hate to quote myself but this wil keep all the replies in one place! :thumbsup2

I have a question....

HOOOOTERS!!!! RT192!:thumbsup2
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I might go to the Boardwalk and do ESPN :confused3

I like the Disney Quest idea, but you may never get them out of there...

How about fishing on Bay Lake? Anyone try that yet? But that might be more than $100.

Or how about renting three of those little single-person boats and jetting around the lake for awhile. I think that's about $35/hour per boat. That has the advantage of being able to all meet back at the Grand Floridian (if you leave from their dock)
I thought of fishing and the SeaRaycers too. I think fishing starts at $250. I've done the boats before and they were fun but not very exciting. They only go about 10-15 mph. It felt veeerrrrrrrry slow.

Tim, UConn still sucks, and I hate to kick a man when he's down (and not even in the NIT!) but Steve, apparently the Herd sucked this year too. Did I miss anyone?
That's fine Chris.... just don't forget this.....

2011 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!

uconn-national-champions-large1-280x150.jpg

I've managed to wake up and go to work, drive through the night to Orlando (I drove the whole way while everyone else slept), spend a day in Universal Studios and then see a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert that night resulting in my being up for about 44 straigh hours. This was pretty much done all under the power of Red Bull...

NEVER AGAIN

44 HOURS? You're crazy! I'm all good for driving non-stop during the daylight...I just have a really hard time at night...especially after spending 12 hours at the hole (aka work)!

Red Bull = yuck!

5 Hour Energy, a coke, and a Snickers. Drove 24 hours straight from Grand Canyon to Louisiana. It helped that my mother-in-law was with us.:mad: It gave me the encouragement to get home as FAST as I could to spend as little time with the Beverly as possible! :rolleyes1

Thankfully my MIL is driving herself with my FIL...they always meet us down there. That would be a great incentive to get there quickly though!

5 hour energy = yuck!

Get one of those old-school, huge Thermos bottles and fill it full of coffee you brew with Red Bull instead of water. :rotfl:

Coffee = good....brewed with red bull = yuck!

Something about the taste of anything berry in a beverage makes me cringe...thus I can't do the Red Bull or 5-hour Energy.

I can do the Starbucks double shots though...yummy!

I have a question....

Take them to Restaurant Marrakesh Morocco and watch the Belly dancer! :thumbsup2

I have a question....

There’s a bunch of different things to get into on Bay Lake.
A short list would include:
Fishing
Boating
Water ski / Wake board / Knee board
Tubeing
Parasailing
Sea Doo Rental

44 HOURS? You're crazy! I'm all good for driving non-stop during the daylight...I just have a really hard time at night...especially after spending 12 hours at the hole (aka work)!

Red Bull = yuck!

Yeah, it was a little crazy... that's why it will never happen again. At that time though, it was a few months after I graduated from college and going on a road trip with some friends from school so I was still in that phase of life where sleep was second priority to having fun. I also was working a job where a 6 or 8 hour drive was fairly common, so a 14 hour drive to Orlando to be at Universal when they opened the gates wasn't a big deal.

As for the Red Bull, that day was the first and last time I ever drank that beverly.... but it did it's job well.:thumbsup2

I have a question....

How about 9 holes of golf, or DisneyQuest? Why not spend it in their favorite park, and let then make the decisions?

Coffee = good....brewed with red bull = yuck!

Something about the taste of anything berry in a beverage makes me cringe...thus I can't do the Red Bull or 5-hour Energy.

I can do the Starbucks double shots though...yummy!

I love 5 hour energy :yay: Makes me hyper..... my wife hates it.

Take them to Restaurant Marrakesh Morocco and watch the Belly dancer! :thumbsup2

I agree !!

Thank you all for responding! I will forward the list to my friend and I will let you all know how she makes out! :thumbsup2

You'd think I'd be somewhere other than last...:confused3:confused3:lmao::lmao:

Freaking Hamlin at Martinsville (where he's usually money...even in a rough year)...

Then I got so wrapped up in my race car drivin', I forgot the race was Saturday night and didn't switch my lineups...

Yeah, that won't happen again:lmao:

Thanks Fed! You got me out of the basement! Second to last is not that bad.

Let's see how he feels when the 3, err, the 18 :-)guilty:) is filling up his rearview mirror:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Your begining to worry me with this 18 talk. You haven't crossed over to the darkside have you?

You guys ROCK!

Happy Birthday!

This is my 500th post. I think all but 5 of the posts were on here. The ones that weren't were on that transportation board with that whole bus seating thing. (I know some of you remember that.) To the regulars thanks for the great conversations over the last couple of years. To the new guys and ones that don't post, jump in and start. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share their experiences.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter