The DIS Dad's Club X: Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social Responsibility... bleh!!

So the only perk to working there is watching the odd bottle of champagne explode, and unlimited boxes when move?

Well, I can't complain about the $25 an hour, but no, not much in the way of perks, you do get the odd sampling, but there are too many no-nos....no freebies from the trade for example, brought down AFTER the President got a nice scholarship from a trade group *cough*:rolleyes:, you can have a coffee, etc, but that's about it. (In the past, before they cracked down, I MIGHT have gotten Leaf tickets, but there was nothing in return, not a bribe...oh, and the Beatle's White Album was a birthday gift from a fellow Beatles fan who used to work for Labatts). You cannot accept tips from customers, even after carrying out their cases in the pouring rain or blizzard), and a million things not to do. You work nights and weekends, and it's insane during holidays/long weekends.

Funny thing is, I do genuinely love the job...you meet interesting people, I have a good head for it, and have a large following of customers looking for good beers, they know I get my grubby little hands on anything good the province can bring in. I just have an issue with coworkers not having any work ethic and looking for good money to do nothing.

When this is an issue we always switch lids with the other cups. So 2 people may have yellow cups but mine is the yellow handle with the pink lid, yours is the yellow handle with the blue lid, etc etc,

Likely the girls will either share a mug colour that I will hang something on to tell them apart, or like last year, I will bring a diffferent lid from a previous one from home. Last year we bought two black, and used a blue lid from the million dreams for one of them. Might just in case, bring a black lid along.

I was kidding before 'bout the perks, but geeeez, that's going a little to far.

On the other hand, there are those times when I am called to do a carry out by some of the staff with the rain/etc...they laugh at me....when I get back in they are still chuckling, I tell them hey, $20 tip...I had one so flustered she "missed" out a sweet payday...( no tip, but I have to admit I like playing with their heads)

Today work was basicly a repeat of yesterday, I never got to run the shift, that idiot decided to come in this morning and take over. Since the schedual showed me in charge, I might play this out through the union to get my acting pay, just to be a Beverly. But after a while of the BS, I decided I wasn't needed, so went home an hour or so early. Cleared it with the union rep first natch....claimed it wasn't good for my severe hypertension. DW is pretty worried that I will have a stroke or Heart Attack at my rate of anger/stress....

But hey...68 DAYS TO GO!!! Then I can quote Buddy from Night Court "But I'm feeling MUCH better now...":happytv:

Greg...My Dad was principal for several years before he retired and he wore many hats during the summer as well. How much time do you actually have OFF during the summer? Dad spent his free time chasing a little white ball around the course.

Technically, I have no time off unless I take vacation days, which I'm gonna do for Disney next week and the beach in July. We do, though, work four 10 hour days during the summer and have Friday's off, so that will allow me some time to take DS up to his soccer group for free play Fridays, which I'm really looking forward to. I love to play golf, but have basically given it up simply because it costs so dang much to play anymore.

Edited to add: dance recital over. Almost 4 hours of misery completed for this year.

Edited to add, part duh: Heels headed back to Omaha for the 5th time in 6 years.

here are a few graduation pics. i didnt get them loaded yet but here is briana with my sister and my brother-in-law. both are cancer servivors. my sister had breast cancer and my brother in law had lymphoma. there both doing well!!!:thumbsup2
1642ebbb.jpg

keep in mind, briana is 5 foot 2. my sister is 6 foot 1. briana said she all ways feels like she standing in a hole.:lmao:
3b81c4d7-1.jpg

:lmao::lmao: poor kid!!!

Congratulations Briana:woohoo: seems like just yesterday she was driving the van into WDW:goodvibes

But hey...68 DAYS TO GO!!! Then I can quote Buddy from Night Court "But I'm feeling MUCH better now...":happytv:

:woohoo: That's all we have left:banana: WOW I got to start updating my PTR to get the max WDW experiance for the week:cool1: Who am I kidding it's been planned out since Feb maybe I can tweek it a bit:rolleyes1

Ron...man you need to become a vacation planner for others...you are great at coming up with ideas to fillup a week!!!:thumbsup2

Thats my goal, if only I could get offered a job that pays the same or better than I make now, I would jump all over it:rolleyes1 My wife tells her friends that ask about places,I'm The Guy Who Makes Things Happen:lmao: I tell them you have to find the Magic it just doesnt always show up, It's 75% planning 25% luck:goodvibes

Busy day today. After slogging through about 5 miles at 6:30 this morning, I came home and started cutting the grass before the heat got too bad. Luckily, DS came out and took the mower and finished up and I began to weedeat. Guess that he earned a few bucks to throw toward soccer this fall for that one. Then we began to clean out some brush around our AC unit. Once I figured out that was going to be an all day plus job on that side of the house, I just cleared out around the AC and forgot about it until another day. DW and DD left just a few minutes ago for her dance recital; it begins at 6, but DD's group has to dance the intro dance for the younger kids at 2, then DD is going over to a friend's house until the 6 o'clock show. So, my evening is going to be excruciatingly boring; 40+ routines and DD is in 2 of them; number 25 and the last one......................:rolleyes:

:lmao: i feel for you!! friday night was 50 dances, sat afternoon was 52 and sat. night was 50. today i have another 52 dances to get through. thats 154 dances, 4100 people which about half of them cant read or just dont want to read):lmao: briana does her sr.solo today. that will wrap up her 15 year dance career as a student dancer.

THANKS EVERYONE ON BRIANAS GRADUATION!!!:thumbsup2
we leave in just 5 days!! with graduation, grad. parties, dance recitals, i dont think any of us had time to get pumped up going to wdw.:lmao: we'll start monday morning with that!!:thumbsup2
THANKS AGAIN!!:thumbsup2

:lmao: i feel for you!! friday night was 50 dances, sat afternoon was 52 and sat. night was 50. today i have another 52 dances to get through. thats 154 dances, 4100 people which about half of them cant read or just dont want to read):lmao: briana does her sr.solo today. that will wrap up her 15 year dance career as a student dancer.

Dang, and I thought that 40 dances I had to go through was bad. I guess that I'll recant my post. But it was boring, and it seemed to last forever. Got through a couple stages of Angry Birds, though, and kept up with the UNC v. Stanford baseball game on my phone for the majority of the time so all wasn't lost.

Today, our focus is on WDW and getting things packed up. DW has to work on Mon., Tues., and Wed., nights and the kids have swim meets on Tuesday and Thursday nights, which will give them something to do to stave off the "hurry up and get here" attitude that comes with anticipating a WDW trip. It's gonna be a full week, but come about 9:00 on Friday morning, we're out of here:yay::banana::cool2:

So folks, I booked my dates and hotel, so now we are definitely going to Washington DC.

We still have to plan what we are doing which days. We booked the tour of the Pentagon.

They don't let Canadians tour the White House... Grrr... We want Celine Deon and Mike Myers back now. Oh, and don't worry we will take the Stanley Cup back ourselves.

Now I need to start planning some meals, 'cause if I leave it to my kids we will be eating McD's every day. :sick:

Anyone know of any "must try" family restaurants?

Anyone other $$$ saving tips for the DC area?

THANKS EVERYONE ON BRIANAS GRADUATION!!!:thumbsup2
we leave in just 5 days!! with graduation, grad. parties, dance recitals, i dont think any of us had time to get pumped up going to wdw.:lmao: we'll start monday morning with that!!:thumbsup2
THANKS AGAIN!!:thumbsup2

Hery Dave,
Congrats to your daughter! I amy have missed this but what are her plans now that she is out? Our baby sitter just graduated and we have been listening to her stories of college visits and what she will do. She is heading to Millersville in the fall. I was pushing for Penn State or East Stroudsburg, but I think I am a little biased.

Have a great trip!

Giggity. Ownage.

We nearly always have bacon as a topping on our pizza - it is pretty much a staple on pizza for us like cheese and tomato sauce. :lmao:

Hmmm... This is an interesting topic. I may have to start a thread talking about your favorite topping combinations for pizza. :)

A great idea for a new thread. I eat a lot of pizza. Pineapple & mushroom is my favorite.

A thought for the day. Friends don't let friends more drunk than they are load fireworks.

Anyone know what happens when you load one of those single shell/ mortar/ tube fireworks upside down? I was the less drunk one. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Good morning, Gentlemen! (My first pass at typing that line was "Goof morning.")

Just working a Manager-On-Duty shift this Sunday, so I am on a coffee break and checking the boards.

Pizza is a tough one, because it varies by type. If it is a stuffed pizza (like Giordano's), then it's spinach all the way. If it's deep dish, I load up on the meats - extra italian sausage , canadian bacon, and pepperoni. If a thin crust, then I like tomatoes, onion, and green pepper. Jalapenos work if the sauce is on the sweet side and the thin crust is super-crispy.

Also - bummed about the news about the ticket price increases starting today. I was planning to get my 10-day parkhopper no exp before August - I snoozed. I lost.

Pineapple and Banana Peppers . . . . best combo ever.

Mornin' Gents! Off to breakfast/lunch with DW, DD, and my Pops, his fiance and my Grandma. "Can I have a plate of pancakes and bacon please??"

Cheers,
Indy

Good morning, Gentlemen! (My first pass at typing that line was "Goof morning.")

Also - bummed about the news about the ticket price increases starting today. I was planning to get my 10-day parkhopper no exp before August - I snoozed. I lost.

Goof morning to you too...

As for ticket price increase, I would check with Undercover tourist, for 2 reasons.

1) They are a bit cheaper
2) After price increases, they tend to still sell the pre-increase priced tickets for a few weeks after while they clear there stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter