The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

Hi Heather
I hope you have a wonderful holiday Hon!
Just rest,relax and enjoy...well that is when Jackson is not running you around everywhere...you deserve this.
I hope you have lots of pixie dust sprinkled on your trip,fingers crossed that you stay healthy.
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Hugs
Mel

Well we leave Saturday morning, I've done all I can walking-wise at this point! I hope the trip goes well. I'm upping my vitamin C and stuff this week, kiddo being sick means mama does not want to get it.

Kiddo has come down with a cold and is stuffed up, he is VERY worried about the flight now. I will do everything we can to help him, and have earplanes already. Decongestant and antihistamine before the flight, saline spray as well. That will be about the only liquids in my bag for this flight, plus sunscreen :) I am checking a bag with all the rest since it's Disney and the magic of it showing up is part of the trip. I know once we get there it will be great, he's young and is always on the go. We'll perhaps slow down a bit, and miss a few rides along the way, perhaps end a few of the days earlier than I had planned, and maybe have a nap in the afternoon instead of swimming. And hopefully I haven't already caught it.

I did my hair, purple, today and he wanted his blue, so it's a greeny-blue now. Our pictures will be fun for sure, and I'm sure my mom will say something about it when she sees. I suspect his will wash off within a few days.

I should go to bed and get a good sleep too I guess! Packing is done except for the last few things. I should be getting excited but I'm stuck on the worries.

Hope everyone is doing well.

have a wonderful trip! my suggestion is going to sound weird, but you should both bring a light sweater. when i went in august, it was super hot outside and the air conditioning was always cranked inside. i ended up sick from the dramatic temp differences.

Thanks all :) He says his ears are feeling better this morning. Fingers crossed that continues to improve! I got myself some Claritin to see if it helps me, and I also bought some saline nose spray, children's decongestant/anti-histamine for him to take before the flight tomorrow, and a vicks inhaler (which he likes the smell of). Will stock some kleenex in the carryon, and hopefully not infect the whole plane... We will be taking sweaters for the flights and if it's cool in the AC.

Bedtime was rough last night, he finally listened to me about drinking more water to help and of course then had to pee in the middle of the night. He was really upset and crying, saying we should never go on another trip, that it was going to be horrible and he hated his life. Over reaction from being tired I'm sure, but ugh any way.

Online checkin for the flight isn't working for some reason, whatever, I have to check bags any way so will go to the counter tomorrow.

I booked us at Garden Grove tomorrow night, kiddo wanted a seafood buffet and Cape May didn't have any good times. They actually called to confirm the reservation yesterday (and let me know I can't use magic band or dining plan to pay). Looking forward to the seafood! We're staying at All-Star Movies this time, I changed my mind so many times on where to stay lol. But the rooms are renovated, and we've never stayed at an All-Star before, and since the gondola's aren't running yet, it seemed like a good time to try it out. Hoping for a Mighty Ducks room, seems to be closer to Music but that's ok, it's near the "quiet" pool and I think it will give us options for dining and swimming.

And now I have so many hours to fill until it's time to drop the dog off at the kennel, and get the last few things sorted in the house, and try to sleep. Any way! Sorry for going on and on, I'm excited and he doesn't want me to talk about it any more. Too stressful for him I guess. The pets don't seem to really listen :)

Thanks all :) He says his ears are feeling better this morning. Fingers crossed that continues to improve! I got myself some Claritin to see if it helps me, and I also bought some saline nose spray, children's decongestant/anti-histamine for him to take before the flight tomorrow, and a vicks inhaler (which he likes the smell of). Will stock some kleenex in the carryon, and hopefully not infect the whole plane... We will be taking sweaters for the flights and if it's cool in the AC.

I'm so glad he's feeling better. He could have some anxiety and stress over not feeling well and knowing he has to travel. Once he gets there ( if he's like my kids ) he will be ready to hit the parks.

Have a great time!!! You both deserve to have a holiday. I'm glad you were able to get some walking/conditioning in before you left. Have a great time!!!!! Do you need a stow away? I would gladly be your stow away ;) :laughing: :rotfl:

Bedtime was rough last night, he finally listened to me about drinking more water to help and of course then had to pee in the middle of the night. He was really upset and crying, saying we should never go on another trip, that it was going to be horrible and he hated his life. Over reaction from being tired I'm sure, but ugh any way.

Online checkin for the flight isn't working for some reason, whatever, I have to check bags any way so will go to the counter tomorrow.

I booked us at Garden Grove tomorrow night, kiddo wanted a seafood buffet and Cape May didn't have any good times. They actually called to confirm the reservation yesterday (and let me know I can't use magic band or dining plan to pay). Looking forward to the seafood! We're staying at All-Star Movies this time, I changed my mind so many times on where to stay lol. But the rooms are renovated, and we've never stayed at an All-Star before, and since the gondola's aren't running yet, it seemed like a good time to try it out. Hoping for a Mighty Ducks room, seems to be closer to Music but that's ok, it's near the "quiet" pool and I think it will give us options for dining and swimming.

And now I have so many hours to fill until it's time to drop the dog off at the kennel, and get the last few things sorted in the house, and try to sleep. Any way! Sorry for going on and on, I'm excited and he doesn't want me to talk about it any more. Too stressful for him I guess. The pets don't seem to really listen :)

I love living vicariously through others travel plans!! I hope you both have a wonderful time :)

Heathers trip is as good a reason as any to chat about disney, so...

I have a Disney itch! (warning: i’m going to ramble. i won’t judge if you want to skip to the bottom!!)

The last 5 years, we’ve made it to the world at least once a year. Our most recent trip was in Dec, and we said we probably wouldn’t be back until spring 2021 to celebrate the kiddos third birthday (a last hurrah before disney gets a heck of a lot more expensive!). But right now, 2.5 years feels like waaaaaaay too long between trips. So we’ve started semi-seriously planning another trip, probably with my in laws. I took my first trip with them, but they haven’t been back in almost 10 years.

Our options for the next year:
canadian thanksgiving
pros:
- we’ve never been in sept/oct, so we would see new decorations
cons:
- busy time of year for work, so the trip could only be 5 days
- we’re traveling to a wedding in sept. it’s only one province over, but two sets of flights in one month seem a bit chaotic

remembrance day week
pros:
- trip could be a full week
- we’ve gone in nov before. weather is (usually) decent, christmas is starting, and there’s lots to see and do
cons:
- we’ve been to disney during the christmas season 4 times, i think? i love it, but it might be worth visiting another time of year

anytime between the second week of dec and first week of jan
pros:
- very easy time to take a break with work, so trip could be a week or more, depending on flights and hotel availability
cons:
- possible christmas overload, again
- my first trip was the week between christmas and new years. it was beyond busy, and i can only imagine how it’ll be with a toddler
- not spending out first christmas in our new house

mid-february
pros:
- new time of year for us, though it doesn’t seem like it’s much of a ‘season’ at disney
- some flexibility with work means trip could be 7-10 days
- ‘value’ season = better deals on flights and hotels
cons:
- crowd calendars say the middle of the month can be busy (presidents’ day, princess half marathon, mardi gras week)
- right now there are no hotel discounts (i hope they’re coming, but with disney you never know)
- february is so far away!

right now, i’m leaning towards the last option being the best. has anyone been in february? want to sway me towards a specific time of year?

@marchingstar , I'm thinking you should lean towards the middle-to end of January ... then you would have access to a babysitter :rolleyes1

Now the other dates you mentioned:
October: the weather is gorgeous, crowds are
manageable, decorations are cute and you could cut down on tickets needed by doing a Halloween party. I think the end of October is our favourite for weather but HATE the fact that Food & Wine takes EPCOT into a place where visiting the country's pavilions is hard, can't even consider going on the weekends and evenings are a tad rough as well.

Remembrance Day: You'll be hitting Jersey Week, Food & Wine .. OMG crazy busy! Not a fan of that week (even if it is our anniversary!)

Mid-Feb- Don't, just DON'T go over President's Day weekend the crowds are comparable to Christmas week. There's also a marathon in there and those really mess with transportation & resorts.

I agree that 2.5 years is toooo long to wait YOLO as my kids tell me constantly!!

I soo hear you with the long wait. We're not going back until 2022 and that just seems so far out. I'm thinking I might also need a trip back before then. I'll live vicariously through your plans until then.

Heathers trip is as good a reason as any to chat about disney, so...

I have a Disney itch! (warning: i’m going to ramble. i won’t judge if you want to skip to the bottom!!)

The last 5 years, we’ve made it to the world at least once a year. Our most recent trip was in Dec, and we said we probably wouldn’t be back until spring 2021 to celebrate the kiddos third birthday (a last hurrah before disney gets a heck of a lot more expensive!). But right now, 2.5 years feels like waaaaaaay too long between trips. So we’ve started semi-seriously planning another trip, probably with my in laws. I took my first trip with them, but they haven’t been back in almost 10 years.

Our options for the next year:
canadian thanksgiving
pros:
- we’ve never been in sept/oct, so we would see new decorations
cons:
- busy time of year for work, so the trip could only be 5 days
- we’re traveling to a wedding in sept. it’s only one province over, but two sets of flights in one month seem a bit chaotic

remembrance day week
pros:
- trip could be a full week
- we’ve gone in nov before. weather is (usually) decent, christmas is starting, and there’s lots to see and do
cons:
- we’ve been to disney during the christmas season 4 times, i think? i love it, but it might be worth visiting another time of year

anytime between the second week of dec and first week of jan
pros:
- very easy time to take a break with work, so trip could be a week or more, depending on flights and hotel availability
cons:
- possible christmas overload, again
- my first trip was the week between christmas and new years. it was beyond busy, and i can only imagine how it’ll be with a toddler
- not spending out first christmas in our new house

mid-february
pros:
- new time of year for us, though it doesn’t seem like it’s much of a ‘season’ at disney
- some flexibility with work means trip could be 7-10 days
- ‘value’ season = better deals on flights and hotels
cons:
- crowd calendars say the middle of the month can be busy (presidents’ day, princess half marathon, mardi gras week)
- right now there are no hotel discounts (i hope they’re coming, but with disney you never know)
- february is so far away!

right now, i’m leaning towards the last option being the best. has anyone been in february? want to sway me towards a specific time of year?

We went during October a few years ago. I think it was the 4-14th? We had a good time.

The November 11-16 seems good to me. We go at this time the past few years (and will be there the 9-19th this year) and the weather is usually very nice. PS - Jersey week is the previous week, not that week (according to what I've been able to look up).

We went in February once, but the weather was kind of cool and it did rain pretty heavily for part of our trip so that clouded my view of it a bit lol.

I would avoid the Christmas break period. I can't stomach those types of crowds.

@marchingstar , I'm thinking you should lean towards the middle-to end of January ... then you would have access to a babysitter :rolleyes1
View attachment 428705

Now the other dates you mentioned:
October: the weather is gorgeous, crowds are
manageable, decorations are cute and you could cut down on tickets needed by doing a Halloween party. I think the end of October is our favourite for weather but HATE the fact that Food & Wine takes EPCOT into a place where visiting the country's pavilions is hard, can't even consider going on the weekends and evenings are a tad rough as well.

Remembrance Day: You'll be hitting Jersey Week, Food & Wine .. OMG crazy busy! Not a fan of that week (even if it is our anniversary!)

Mid-Feb- Don't, just DON'T go over President's Day weekend the crowds are comparable to Christmas week. There's also a marathon in there and those really mess with transportation & resorts.

I agree that 2.5 years is toooo long to wait YOLO as my kids tell me constantly!!

you’re too funny! i’m pretty sure we’ll be visiting with one set of grandparents, and that they will also enthusiastically offer babysitting!

my work schedule is really making things tricky. for the most part, my possible time off is right around busy weeks (presidents’ day, jersey week, christmas...). we’ve gone during christmas and jersey week before, so maybe it’ll be okay to visit at another busy time? hmm....

I soo hear you with the long wait. We're not going back until 2022 and that just seems so far out. I'm thinking I might also need a trip back before then. I'll live vicariously through your plans until then.

i love living vicariously through others plans!

We went during October a few years ago. I think it was the 4-14th? We had a good time.

The November 11-16 seems good to me. We go at this time the past few years (and will be there the 9-19th this year) and the weather is usually very nice. PS - Jersey week is the previous week, not that week (according to what I've been able to look up).

We went in February once, but the weather was kind of cool and it did rain pretty heavily for part of our trip so that clouded my view of it a bit lol.

I would avoid the Christmas break period. I can't stomach those types of crowds.

thanks for this! we’ve gone around the same week in november before, and it was busy but definitely not the worst i’ve seen (the week between christmas and new years...won’t be doing that again!!)

Well we leave Saturday morning, I've done all I can walking-wise at this point! I hope the trip goes well. I'm upping my vitamin C and stuff this week, kiddo being sick means mama does not want to get it.
Have a wonderful time! I'm glad that he is feeling better, and maybe some slow down time will keep him that way.

We are having a great time but oh man the flight. Jackson threw up 3 times at the airport. And a few times on the plane. But we made it. Anxiety. We will have to work on that before we can go on any more trips. His ears were ok though.

We are exhausted but having a lot of fun. Did EMM this morning and rode 7dmt 12 times!!! Could have done 1 more before the rope droppers but we went on the teacups. We did Peter Pan and the Carousel as well. Didn't do an afternoon break. I am so tired. Glad we got the dining plan, I would be super upset if I spent money on the stuff he isnt actually eating. But we have worked it out for future and know what snacks to stick to.

It is so hot. Trying to keep him hydrated is trying. Oh, we did RnR for the first time yesterday, man that was terrifying. SDD was worth the 40 minute wait and cant wait to ride it again at EMM tomorrow. We are doing well. Until it's time to leave. Five more fun days.

Thanks for the update. Poor little guy (on the plane). I can relate as I did the same thing when I was young. On they hydration front, I used to hand the boys the water bottle each we were standing in line. Take a sip! A bunch of sips adds up.

Sounds like you are having a great time in the world. I'm so jealous, 7DMT 12 times! Have a great week. Hopefully coming home will be less eventful.

We are having a great time but oh man the flight. Jackson threw up 3 times at the airport. And a few times on the plane. But we made it. Anxiety. We will have to work on that before we can go on any more trips. His ears were ok though.

We are exhausted but having a lot of fun. Did EMM this morning and rode 7dmt 12 times!!! Could have done 1 more before the rope droppers but we went on the teacups. We did Peter Pan and the Carousel as well. Didn't do an afternoon break. I am so tired. Glad we got the dining plan, I would be super upset if I spent money on the stuff he isnt actually eating. But we have worked it out for future and know what snacks to stick to.

It is so hot. Trying to keep him hydrated is trying. Oh, we did RnR for the first time yesterday, man that was terrifying. SDD was worth the 40 minute wait and cant wait to ride it again at EMM tomorrow. We are doing well. Until it's time to leave. Five more fun days.

I love hearing about your trip! I hope you’re having more good days and lots of dole whip!!

We are so exhausted! It has been a lot of fun. I think I am losing a lot of water weight lol. We did the Rhino tour this morning and it was amazing. The rhinos are so cool. They feel like a hairy basketball, but very cool to touch one. We are taking a break this after noon. So hot. So sweaty. We enjoyed Typhoon Lagoon yesterday but the buses were terrible. Waited 30 minutes in the morning and at the end. But we did all the rides, everything. Tomorrow we compare Blizzard Beach. With more sunscreen cause my face is RED. Friday will be super busy with Droid Depot and MNSSHP

Love All Star Movies, we are in Mighty Ducks and so close we take the Music buses most of the time.

And now we swim.

It looks like we are flying out right before a hurricane hits. That happened two years ago too. Not sure what that means but perhaps don't plan a trip the week after me? Not that we will be back for a few years I think. Next trip may be two weeks, one just doesn't feel long enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter