The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Yes the next thing we need to do besides routine maintenance is replace the fridge. we are thinking residential at the moment. i am pretty sure it will not get done before the dismeet in Oct. i think the bags of ice will still work for that trip.

I finally went to the race track for the second time this year. Usually by now I would have a good 12-15 weekends of being involved. I got the camper home and parked, Melissa and I have it down to around 20 minutes to get backed down the loooooong driveway and set in its spot. I am looking forward to the spring project to widen areas of the driveway to 10' using 57 gravel until we chose to pave it. Then wont have to worry so much about a leaving a big tire trench in the grass.

I finally went to the race track for the second time this year. Usually by now I would have a good 12-15 weekends of being involved. I got the camper home and parked, Melissa and I have it down to around 20 minutes to get backed down the loooooong driveway and set in its spot. I am looking forward to the spring project to widen areas of the driveway to 10' using 57 gravel until we chose to pave it. Then wont have to worry so much about a leaving a big tire trench in the grass.
My daughter needed a place to park her truck off the street so we widened the driveway like you plan on doing. It worked really well for us. Then she went away to college and her parking pad got taken over by our coach. The only problem was the coach being as heavy as it is would settle and sink into the clay. I had to rake the rocks back into the ruts every time I came back from a trip and wanted to park. I give the kid major kudos. She did everything but spread the rocks and that was only because she had ballet 5 nights a week.

So the black areas around the driveway are where we will widen each side to 10' as the driveway snakes about 1-2' back and forth. Then 10' back from the end of the driveway and a little fo the right of the end where I park the utility trailer and the overhang of the RV where grass isn't growing anyway. From the front corner of the house to the road is 177', its a long backup for sure.

Finally, time to get out in the RV, DD#2 is graduating college on September 2nd. Leaving this Friday, Des Moines Ia, KOA, Saturday-Holiday RV park in North Platte Ne. Sunday Laramie Wy. KOA then Monday arrive Salt Lake City KOA. Short trip though, need to be back by the 5th. DD#3 has to be back for her college classes, shes in the middle of animal care and labs. Probably no hiking this trip, wild fires from California ruining the air out west.

Finally, time to get out in the RV, DD#2 is graduating college on September 2nd. Leaving this Friday, Des Moines Ia, KOA, Saturday-Holiday RV park in North Platte Ne. Sunday Laramie Wy. KOA then Monday arrive Salt Lake City KOA. Short trip though, need to be back by the 5th. DD#3 has to be back for her college classes, shes in the middle of animal care and labs. Probably no hiking this trip, wild fires from California ruining the air out west.

It's nasty as heck where we live in No Cal and we'd heard the smoke had traveled as far as Utah. The furthest we'd ever seen it travel was when it 'followed' us on i-80 all the way to Elko Nv. This was back in 2013 when the Rim Fire was burning near Yosemite (plus some others).

It's nasty as heck where we live in No Cal and we'd heard the smoke had traveled as far as Utah. The furthest we'd ever seen it travel was when it 'followed' us on i-80 all the way to Elko Nv. This was back in 2013 when the Rim Fire was burning near Yosemite (plus some others).

Wow you are right in the heart of it, hope you are safe! According to Weather.com the smoke is as far as Wyoming and Panhandle of Nebraska, predicting Iowa and Illinois by this weekend

Wow you are right in the heart of it, hope you are safe! According to Weather.com the smoke is as far as Wyoming and Panhandle of Nebraska, predicting Iowa and Illinois by this weekend

Yikes!! Crazy to think of something being carried that far on the winds.

We're not dangerously near any of the current fires. It's just that where we live seems to be in some kind of an atmospheric 'draw' and we get both west and north winds, so we seem to get the smoke from fires 'near and far'.

The office window is nice, but that drive to work looks rough in the winter.

j

Well when you go past the Seward exit on I-80 in Nebraska, (about 20 miles west of Lincoln) wave, we are about 6 miles North!! Safe travels!
I will honk, I lived in Ralston NE in the early 70's for a couple years
Not sure what it says about me, but I know where both of those places are and I've never lived in NE.

I did race a number of times in Hastings. I thought the women's softball hall of fame use to be there.

j

Came to chit chat. Next Monday our bath remodel starts. It will take 2 months i suspect. It is a total gut and redo. We are removing the soaking tub, and that space will be the shower. Where the shower is will be where the washer and dryer will move to. New tile, cabinets, hardware the whole 9 yards. I am excited but terrified of the mess.

The one plus side is expect to spend most of Sep in Ohio so we might not be around for much of it. Then the disney trip. Right now currently in Ohio. We have two options, drive home on Sat through Laura, and then drive back to Ohio later that week. Yes it is a long drive but expecting we will need to be back. Possibly could make it till Sat Sep 5, but definitely drive back Sep 5. The more likely scenario is I will fly home on Sunday, get people started and fly back to Ohio on Tuesday. The benefit is no 11 hour drive one way.

We are just waiting it out now, but have to make a decision today on flying. We can't win either way.

Came to chit chat. Next Monday our bath remodel starts. It will take 2 months i suspect. It is a total gut and redo. We are removing the soaking tub, and that space will be the shower. Where the shower is will be where the washer and dryer will move to. New tile, cabinets, hardware the whole 9 yards. I am excited but terrified of the mess.

we also removed our tub and put in a walk in shower when we remodeled a couple years ago, we love it, good luck and patience Kris, it'll all work out

The one plus side is expect to spend most of Sep in Ohio so we might not be around for much of it. Then the disney trip. Right now currently in Ohio. We have two options, drive home on Sat through Laura, and then drive back to Ohio later that week. Yes it is a long drive but expecting we will need to be back. Possibly could make it till Sat Sep 5, but definitely drive back Sep 5. The more likely scenario is I will fly home on Sunday, get people started and fly back to Ohio on Tuesday. The benefit is no 11 hour drive one way.

We are just waiting it out now, but have to make a decision today on flying. We can't win either way.
Kris if you decide to drive this weekend in KY will be prime for some Goat and Chicken Rustling. The Crazy Goat Lady will we in Central Florida getting a new coach. Maybe the opportunity for a little MAYHEM will perk Dear Mrs. Bert's Mom up a bit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter