The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I count myself lucky then that I have not had to deal with family and estates. When my father passed it was non issue as my mother is still alive. At this point when she passes, I fully expect my entire family to turn to me as the bank to cover everything her estate cannot, since there isn't much left to her estate. Pretty much how they have always been since I worked my tail off to enjoy the success I have.

My wife's side of the family is just her and her brother, and I don't expect too much in fighting there. She and I are finalizing our will. Pretty much hers dates back pre-divorce and two very young kids. So we definitely plan to get that sorted out.

It really was a struggle the last two days. At the dismeet I will go into the gory details. After a full day today, mom is at assisted living. We are home. I do feel slightly better, but am worried right now since it is the first night. We will head back tomorrow at lunch. We will bring Whisky, that should lift her spirits 🤣

Anyone have any thoughts on this, I dont need it, but have been obsessing over it.......thats good and bad. My camper is a 2012.
Worth, 32k. I think I can sell mine for 10k. So that leaves 22k plus tax for it.........yes, obsessing..........

Anyone have any thoughts on this, I dont need it, but have been obsessing over it.......thats good and bad. My camper is a 2012.
Worth, 32k. I think I can sell mine for 10k. So that leaves 22k plus tax for it.........yes, obsessing..........

Spencer, I'm going to talk to you like a beloved brother ....

But ....

$22k of additional debt to take on? As a retiree? WTHeck is up with you?

If your current camper works for you there is no reason to trade it for another unless there is no more debt to take on (you can sell your old trailer for more than you would pay for a new-to-you trailer).

If you have money to burn, please send me a check and I will make good use of it (to help pay off my home mortgage).

Otherwise,

giphy.gif

Love,

Your older brother,

ED :rotfl:

Ouch. Was just figuring my camper was older and a newer one would last 15 years. You are correct. It is a bit of a waste.......still deciding......but its so nice and new! Lol. And yea, I have 22 years left on the morgage........decisions, decisions.......

I'll be your little brother in your other ear.

THAT IS A REALLY COOL DESIGN!

While $22k in debt is not insignificant, your current camper is 12-13 years old. It IS still worth something on trade or sale and how much longer do you expect it to last before it starts costing you $$$ to fix or replace things that break or wear out?

j

Two weeks away from first camp. I guess I should get a move on, do the few little projects I had planned before I dewinterize. Adding shutoff valves to the two toilet lines, part safety part convenience. I may do the same to the washer lines if I can find them in the rear storage area.

I have a few things I want to find homes for like where I can store my monitor for working in the RV during travel/non use. I think its time to make my decision on the antenna for my RV internet and install it. I don't expect amazing differences, though pretty sure it will help overall just to get a better signal most of the time.

Last weekend we went to a JMU event for Lauren, she has already chosen it as her top pick and we made our deposit. Now we are armed with more information about her planned program and information about campus housing, etc. Can't believe we are already here, time flies even when its a blended family.

6:55 PM Monday, March 4th…

Just arrived at Marriott Lakeside hotel by MCO for short stay (depart 12:30 PM tomorrow back to CT). Time for the flight crew to make use of quick visit… have 8:30 PM Raglan Road ressie… trying it for first time… DW jealous 😁. Will report back!!!

WELL.... after years of walking by, waiting and reading about many Raglan Road experiences of you all out there in "Camping at Disney World" land, I have finally been for myself. It was worth it!

My co-pilot (literally) and I started with the Bang Bang Chicken (forgot pick of this), but it was VERY good... can't recall if those skinny fried crispy things on top were potato or onion, but it tasted great. My colleague had the braised beef:

tempImagej9QKGq.png

I had the Shepard's Pie:

tempImageaI6iBq.png

We were seated at a high top just at the entrance to the bar area at the front left as you enter... this was our view of the stage and dancers:

tempImageSoYRvi.png

All in all, very worthwhile... we agreed we would do it again next trip to sample other offerings there.

Also, ended up with (from Gideon's) original chocolate chip, banana bread chocolate chip, cookies and cream, an peanut butter chocolate swirl for the cookies... this should pay the toll to my wife and 2 sons to get back in to the house!

tempImageGmZR6K.png

Off to a good sleep before back to the northland tomorrow....

You have no idea. I will leave it at that, unless I have another drink. Not fun. Not good. And not while your grieving. But yea, people suck, even family, unfortunately I never seen it coming.
Spence, I have been through this with my folks, DW parents and Aunts and Uncles

I know this can be a hard subject for some, but please try to be proactive.

For what it's worth, if anyone needs help with this matter, don't be afraid to reach out.

OK I'm off the soapbox now

Thought I would show a snippet of going home (cookies are safely here :thumbsup2 )

Welcome to Signature Flight Support MCO (one general aviation/private terminal at MCO):

tempImage2pM9Nd.png

tempImagemg37ox.png

tempImagenj8Tb0.png

Out to the plane (no jetway, just walking across the ramp):

tempImage4MZNeL.png

Last tail in middle of photo is where we are headed:

tempImageEOfOMA.png

There she is:

tempImageDlK5qZ.png

tempImagezJ7FsB.png

In we go:

tempImage0i631W.png

On our way:

tempImagey8lu7O.png

Almost halfway home:

tempImageGXGSmo.png

That regular front door/valet parking in the first photo is pretty sweet, Jimmy!

Sort of like drive-up-to-the-campsite/cabin and park while everyone else at Deluxe resorts on down has to hoof it to the front door of the hotel.

And then up to the room.

I hope you had clean air and smooth travels on your return.

Ed

PS - as a former Pratt & Whitney employee, I know something about flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter