The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Short post. I had my 2 PRP shots today. I got sick during the shot and my knee hurts like a mother trucker. I mean seriously huge amounts of pain. Bert came Home early to pick up my Tramadol meds. I am hoping that takes the edge off. I am slightly better if I don’t move my leg.

i did manage to sleep last night. I am still in bed though for the day. Bed is the most comfortable place as i can bend and straighten my knee. Bending is not so bad and still working on range of motion. The issue is straightening it and keeping it straight. I still can't put a lot of weight on it so using my crutches. I am hoping i am crutchless by Saturday. Saturday is when i visit mom as the rehab location.

Talked to mom last night and she still needs the hoyer lift to get out of bed but they are doing exercises with her and hoping to get strong enough to not need the lift.

I did it and whisky was like what the hell we are going so slow. It was probably just over a mile and I swear took 45 minutes. I might have been faster if I was drinking whisky. My walk wiped me out though. I sat the rest of the evening. Could not help Bert clean up dinner.

I can’t wait for tomorrow, it should feel more better.

Day 2. I managed to get out of bed and no crutches. I took a shower and I worked from the chair. After work we took Whisky to the dog park. That is a farther walk. Straightening the leg is getting better, still need better bending. I can put most of my weight on my leg. Plus no tramadol today only Tylenol. The one interesting thing is I am super tired and took 2 naps today. Am wondering if my body is just trying to recover but seriously 2 naps.

Kris, I'm with you on some of this. My mom just had a lumbar fusion done this week and just getting home. Since we lost dad in 2022 she has been by herself and won't let anybody stay with her. we live right next door so easy to check on her but still constant worry. Why you women so hard headed? :duck:

@garneska I will not tell Melissa you got two naps in on a work day. She would be jealous!! I think the tramodol and recovery have an affect on that. I know with my foot injury, even when I was off the heavy pain meds, naps where normal for me as I started to rebuild strength and motion. Hopefully you see continued improvement!

This weekend is just around the house time, lots of little projects to get done between now and end of May to prepare for the graduation party and just make the house a little nicer. We had lots of rain and more to come so hoping to get some seed down in some areas in the back yard. Also going to start looking at where the new 5g antenna will go. Never fun putting holes in your roof, but I think with careful planning and a tub of sealant I can keep it water tight.

Ok , so tomorrow we set out for niagra falls. I booked this 2 years ago as it was the closest for the eclipse besides lake george to me. Originally, wanted to camp, but camping season up north is still borderline snow and freeze season. So, they were not on the radar after I found most people opened the campgrounds a month from now. This was for me a million doller idea, book something way ahead of time , disney style. Well , 2 years out got me 20 mins out by car from the falls. All good as my room is booked. The million foller idea is in play. Fast forward to now, and 1 million people are expected in niagra falls, every resturant is booked solid, road will be closed day and night of the eclipse, resturants said they may not open fue to personel not being able to get to work. They declared it a state of emergency and said to bring your own food for a day. Lol. 14 million people are said to visit the falls during the year. 1 million on the day I will be there. My million doller idea, even if one in a million people had it equates to 750,000 people in niagra falls at a world estimated 7.95 billion. My math was off ... ...whish me luck.

Spencer,

My Cleveland Indians have their home opener baseball game (they've been on the road since the season started) on Monday and Cleveland is in the path of the eclipse totality. The afternoon start time was pushed till later and the team will open the gates at 2pm to let fans come in and watch the eclipse (totality a little after 3pm) before the first pitch at 5pm.

They're not handing out any kind of viewing glasses (BYO) but that's a neat extra to a ballgame. And of course, not ALL seats will have a view but a portion will. I guess the rest of the folks can stand on the outfield concourse to watch.

Good luck with the crowds at Niagra Falls. I hope nobody loses their temper if things go sideways locally.

Ok , so tomorrow we set out for niagra falls. I booked this 2 years ago as it was the closest for the eclipse besides lake george to me. Originally, wanted to camp, but camping season up north is still borderline snow and freeze season. So, they were not on the radar after I found most people opened the campgrounds a month from now. This was for me a million doller idea, book something way ahead of time , disney style. Well , 2 years out got me 20 mins out by car from the falls. All good as my room is booked. The million foller idea is in play. Fast forward to now, and 1 million people are expected in niagra falls, every resturant is booked solid, road will be closed day and night of the eclipse, resturants said they may not open fue to personel not being able to get to work. They declared it a state of emergency and said to bring your own food for a day. Lol. 14 million people are said to visit the falls during the year. 1 million on the day I will be there. My million doller idea, even if one in a million people had it equates to 750,000 people in niagra falls at a world estimated 7.95 billion. My math was off ... ...whish me luck.
Is it my imagination or did I hear that they declared a state of emergency for Niagara Falls re: the expected crowds...

....Hey Spencer... how was the quake by you.... first time I ever felt one in my whole life....

It has been a week or 10 days since I got the mail from my brother. I got it today and we opened it today.

I can’t make this up. Mom got a grand jury duty summons and she is supposed to report to jury duty, this Monday, April 8 at 1 pm. While the paper has the ability to say she is over 70 and wants to be removed, I can’t do anything with that right now. Am like ***, and seriously come arrest her in the hospital. We are going to fill out the paperwork and tell Paul to bring it to court on Monday, but seriously, I can’t handle this kind of crap. I am still not sure if she will be strong enough to go back to AL on Friday, her discharge day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter