The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Kris- You had to laugh a little at the thought of your brother rolling your mom into court on Monday to serve her civic duty.

If it wasn't so frustrating/sad, it would be funny. Hang in there.

j

Is it my imagination or did I hear that they declared a state of emergency for Niagara Falls re: the expected crowds...
State of emergency, they will shut down the roads near the falls from 10 am to 12 pm. So once your are thier your stuck!. 1 million people estimated to come, usally they see 14 million a year. Ouch! 20240406_175415.jpg20240406_175411.jpg

....Hey Spencer... how was the quake by you.... first time I ever felt one in my whole life....
I didn't feel it, was driving. My daughter flipped and called me said the house was falling down. I also didnt feel the aftershock everyone else did in the house because I was in the garage that has a cement pad. Or I am just oblivious! Lol. I have been through a eathquake before , smaller , and it can be mindblowing before your brain processes it.

State of emergency, they will shut down the roads near the falls from 10 am to 12 pm. So once your are thier your stuck!. 1 million people estimated to come, usally they see 14 million a year. Ouch!

I understand the desire to be "near the falls" to hear the roar in the semi-darkness. But the whole area is in totality.

I wonder if the "Maid of the Mist" boats that give the tourist boat rides are charging a premium for being on the boat during totality. I'm sure they could charge an arm and a leg for that. But I know Spence can come up with the dough.

@Sjm9911, the stories you could tell after this adventure will probably rival the Woodstock stories. And a little embellishment doesn't hurt (for artistic purposes). :rolleyes:

But the forecast looks cloudy.

1712451796630.png

Good luck on Monday!

Ed

I understand the desire to be "near the falls" to hear the roar in the semi-darkness. But the whole area is in totality.

I wonder if the "Maid of the Mist" boats that give the tourist boat rides are charging a premium for being on the boat during totality. I'm sure they could charge an arm and a leg for that. But I know Spence can come up with the dough.

@Sjm9911, the stories you could tell after this adventure will probably rival the Woodstock stories. And a little embellishment doesn't hurt (for artistic purposes). :rolleyes:

But the forecast looks cloudy.

View attachment 848858

Good luck on Monday!

Ed
Today was supose to be all clouds. And rain. It was sunny and 55. At home in nj was colder. The kicker was we hit 2 snow storms or squals while driving through NY and PA. Lol. So went from 40 degrees to 30 to 50 in about 7.5 hours. With weather anything is possible.

Since we are on the fringes (90%) of the eclipse, I knew I had to get the outside wall wrapped up. If the conspiracy sites are to be believed, temps will be plummeting to below 0 during the event. :worship:

I have the electrical outlet in and the HDMI plate in place. Wall is insulated, and sealed. The lathe is nailed to the studs to space the drywall out to the original plaster.

I ordered the replacement windows, but they won't be here for another week or so. Once the trash man carts away another round of plaster, I'll finish demo on the other wall and then hang drywall.

20240406_220832.jpg

j

Your daughter will look back fondly some day on your Maid of the Mist boat ride today!

Weather looks great. Good pics from the top too.

Break a leg tomorrow!

ED

PS - I've been to Niagara Falls as a 12yo kid. I don't remember much about it but I remember being at the American Side looking at the falls and also a little down river was an over look to see a whirlpool/spiral bend in the river.

For flat earthers…. dome maintenance is beginning, so the lights will be dimmed….(so says my 14 year old son)

No good photos from here but did get out there and watch our 80% thanks to my welding mask.

Plus side, I did manage to finally book the last two stops on our CA trip. Staying at "The Tides" in Laguna Beach, and wrapping up in style with 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite at the El Cordova hotel on Coronado Island. We figured why not. I still have one night wait listed for DVC out there, I might need to call them and see if there are other options for that Friday or pick a nearby hotel. Friday and Saturday morning was our planned LA tourist times so we can always shuffle to a LA hotel if we had to.

Feels good to have that much planning done considering we are only about 70 days out.....

Last edited:
Today was Marathon Weekend registration day. Always means stressful but one of my browsers got me in and no need for a borrowed link this time. I did do something a little less daunting and that is i only signed us up for the 10k. We had a talk last night and decided on the 10k. First the marathon was out for 2025 and probably out for 2026, that is too aggressive with a knee that needs a lot of time to heal and i need to rethink a training strategy since I will have to cut my mileage. I have no interest in doing the 5k at Disney. That left the half and the 10k. I was originally planning on the half. I signed up for the half at W & D for Nov, but that was because we were already going to be at FW for the dismeet. I had to do the half because we get into FW on Saturday. I as not fighting the halloween crowds at FW. I originally figured no problem if i do a half in Nov i should be good for Jan. Except between those registrations i got that shot. Now i am not sure if Nov for a half is too aggressive. Because of that i decided that maybe a half in Jan might not be a good idea. I considered then not even signing up for MW but i really enjoy the weekend and i get to sit with my second set of disney friends, so we decided to just do the 10k. On the flip side the character sponsor this year is chip and dale so it will be a new shirt for me.

Next i have to plan a hotel and tickets. I was originally not planning on getting tickets for the Nov trip but have been changing things on the fly because of mom. i looked at 4 day park hopper tickets for Nov and Jan and that would be about $1300 and i can get an AP for $1500. Still on the fence but if my mom situation does not change i may be taking a quick trip to disney before Nov and if I do it will solidify the AP. Oh decisions.

Remember AP is valid 1 year from first use, so even then think from Nov to Oct 25 and see how that falls in your budget. For me, I know it will cover mine, just maybe noone else in November since I know we are going back in 2025.

Tonight's background music during meal prep and dinner:

1712793944051.jpeg

Recorded in an Irish studio but the band must of been/will have been at Raglan Road.

Nice memories of many evenings enjoying the outdoors music and indoors with the food, dancing, and musicians at RR.

Will be back in November 2024 and will likely make an ADR.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter