• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disney Wish, what are you wishing for?

I saw where the Magic has a 5 night Western Caribbean cruise from Miami. Goes to Cozumel and CC, with two sea days. If the Dream did that on a regular basis, that would be perfect!

Our last two DCL cruises (both Wonder) have been 5 n. One was a COZ-CC, the other was the repo from SJ to NOLA this past Feb. 5 nights have become of minimum cruise length. I believe the plan for the Dream/Fantasy, which ever one ends up moving to Miami year round, was to have them doing four and five night cruises? I assume some kind of 5-5-4 schedule based upon what Royal does.

I wish they would have another themed dinner/show in the rotation like Rapunzel's royal table or Tiana's place. This would be a great time to do a Moana resteraunt with Hawaiian style food like the Polynesia or maybe Chinese inspired food with Mulan or maybe The captain's Table with the fab 5 and maybe some other supporting characters. I think these interactive experience dinners with characters seem to be so popular. I'd love to see them on the new ship/ships and maybe even on the remaining 2 that don't have this someday.

I just want decent internet access that doesn't feel like the best the 1990's had to offer. It should be fast and provide unlimited data. It would be fine if they charged by the day.

I used to think they purposely had outdated and expensive wifi access so that you would actually leave your devices in your room and go have the experience. One of the things I enjoyed onboard is throwing my phone and wallet in the safe on embarkation day because it's the one place on the planet I will not be needing those. It's sad looking over at a family at dinner and all 4 or 5 of them aren't talking and are all looking down playing on their phones. So I used to think the junk internet access was on purpose until lately, now that they're pushing us to use the app and putting the navigator on the app instead paper, thus forcing you to take your phone everywhere onboard. That blew my theory out of the water, so I don't know what their deal is now.

I used to think they purposely had outdated and expensive wifi access so that you would actually leave your devices in your room and go have the experience. One of the things I enjoyed onboard is throwing my phone and wallet in the safe on embarkation day because it's the one place on the planet I will not be needing those. It's sad looking over at a family at dinner and all 4 or 5 of them aren't talking and are all looking down playing on their phones. So I used to think the junk internet access was on purpose until lately, now that they're pushing us to use the app and putting the navigator on the app instead paper, thus forcing you to take your phone everywhere onboard. That blew my theory out of the water, so I don't know what their deal is now.

A lot of people agree with you, I don't really have a lot of issues with using the app instead of the paper navigators and I usually have my phone on me to take pictures, etc so its not a huge burden.

Back when they did have the paper navigators, I never used them and would always forget it in the room. On the second cruise we would tell them we didn't need one in the room because it would just get thrown away anyway. The grid layout of the paper navigator was never visibly appealing to me personally.

A lot of people agree with you, I don't really have a lot of issues with using the app instead of the paper navigators and I usually have my phone on me to take pictures, etc so its not a huge burden.

Back when they did have the paper navigators, I never used them and would always forget it in the room. On the second cruise we would tell them we didn't need one in the room because it would just get thrown away anyway. The grid layout of the paper navigator was never visibly appealing to me personally.

I'm a paper guy. Maybe someday we can have a thread with voting tabs if the cruise ships ever get released from time out.

I'm a paper guy. Maybe someday we can have a thread with voting tabs if the cruise ships ever get released from time out.

I can totally understand and respect that. For each person it is a matter of preference based in opinion. It seems as though the majority of people on here would agree with you, that or the ones that prefer the paper navigators are much more vocal about it. Most seem to not have issues getting ones from guest services though which is good!

The sheer amount of printing they had to do each day to give each room one though doesn't make me question the environmental impact they have by not printing them for everyone on the ship.

Me too. Maybe it's silly but we love ending the evening after the adult shows, drinks, whatever by just laying down and looking at the paper navigator to see what all is going on the next day. It just isn't the same on the app

Paper navigators means a lot of paper waste so the app is better for the environment. My favorite thing with the navigator is that you can go through it ahead of time and set reminders for activities that interest you. Then you get push notification reminders later on. Also it helps keep your dining rotation clear because of the notifications.

I would hope the Wish would have some sort of more high level interaction with the app like a game or something on board. Sort of like the Midship Detective agency stepped up a notch

Paper navigators means a lot of paper waste so the app is better for the environment. My favorite thing with the navigator is that you can go through it ahead of time and set reminders for activities that interest you. Then you get push notification reminders later on. Also it helps keep your dining rotation clear because of the notifications.

I would hope the Wish would have some sort of more high level interaction with the app like a game or something on board. Sort of like the Midship Detective agency stepped up a notch

Agreed! (Paper Waste Comment) I love the push notifications. I have an iPhone/Apple watch and have the notifications set to go to my phone. It has saved us from missing dinner/reservations a few times.

I would love to see another one of the Midship Detective games on the new ships with new challenges and/or new technology. The kids (and often adults) seem to really enjoy that. I have never played myself, but it's great to see so many others enjoy it.

I think if Disney would be able to get good and fast internet access on the ships, they would. They could make a fortune with it.

This may have already been asked in this thread but I'm too lazy to read through 19+ pages. Clearly the Wish is going to be delayed. Normally the next itinerary release would have had the Wish sailings on it because it would have covered the itineraries for Jan-Apr 2022. So do we think the Wish will get it's own special itinerary release instead of being grouped in with the regular itinerary releases as a whole? This would seem more likely to me since the completion date is more fluid now. Plus it would have more media if it had it's own release instead of just being grouped in with the others. Does anyone remember how the Fantasy was released?

This may have already been asked in this thread but I'm too lazy to read through 19+ pages. Clearly the Wish is going to be delayed. Normally the next itinerary release would have had the Wish sailings on it because it would have covered the itineraries for Jan-Apr 2022. So do we think the Wish will get it's own special itinerary release instead of being grouped in with the regular itinerary releases as a whole? This would seem more likely to me since the completion date is more fluid now. Plus it would have more media if it had it's own release instead of just being grouped in with the others. Does anyone remember how the Fantasy was released?

That was my same thought as well! I can't see them releasing it all at the same time especially with the uncertainty surrounding the completion date

That was my same thought as well! I can't see them releasing it all at the same time especially with the uncertainty surrounding the completion date
The first of the Disney Dream itineraries were not released from DCL back when the Wonder and Magic itineraries were announced in September 2009 for all of 2011 (can you imagine the entire year being released at once?)

I would expect DCL to do the same and release the first set of Wish itineraries on their own.

I think if Disney would be able to get good and fast internet access on the ships, they would. They could make a fortune with it.

Other lines are offering internet packages that are per day flat rate, all you can consume, at a speed fast enough to stream online video. I really hope Disney catches up.

Last edited:
Other lines are offering internet packages that are per day flat rate, all you can consume, at a speed fast enough to stream online video. I really hope Disney catches up.

I get that some people would love to stay connected while at sea, but I am married to a workaholic. Taking him on a cruise is how I get him to turn off the work emails. That all being said, I hope the navigator messaging system works better on the new ships. I found that we would receive the in-app texts but at a significant delay at times. It would be nice if you could call cell to cell while on the ship, just so that families could stay connected and that would do away with the wave phones

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter