The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

How are you all requesting towers?? I have no information yet.

My best pal is my TA, and she booked this for me. So I can't see any of my reservation on the app or my account at all. She is currently on her way home from DW, so I imagine my travel info is all currently in her mailbox for my trip in 10 days.

But she's called - she was told no online check in, I do it all when I get there. So do we just request that tower when we check in? We're just in a standard room....
I requested Fantasy Tower when we booked it.

How are you all requesting towers?? I have no information yet.

My best pal is my TA, and she booked this for me. So I can't see any of my reservation on the app or my account at all. She is currently on her way home from DW, so I imagine my travel info is all currently in her mailbox for my trip in 10 days.

But she's called - she was told no online check in, I do it all when I get there. So do we just request that tower when we check in? We're just in a standard room....
Call the hotel directly 10 days to 2 Weeks before check-in.

Two DLH questions -

1 - If I reserve now just to have the reservations, and better rates become available later, can I get the better rate? We aren't going until Sept 2020.
?

So I booked our hotel last year, but didn't pay for the whole thing up front, I've been paying on it all year. There is a new discount for rooms that is recently advertised, 20-25% during the dates that I'll be there. So I called to see if the discount could be applied for my reservation. It cannot. He said there weren't any discounted rooms left for the dates that I have reserved. I think it's BS. It must be hit or miss, if the dates you want still have allotted discounted rooms available then it would probably work. He also then told me because I'm within my 30 days, that I would be charged $50 to change my reservation. What!?? So whatever, I guess it's the full on price -no discount. I hope I get a free upgrade or some pixie dust.

Hey, we didn’t get it the last two nights! Lucky!
The four of us (DH, DS15, DD12) were pleasantly surprised to receive turn down service in our standard room for our recent weeks vacation. We wondered if it was standard for the hotel or because it was noted on our reservation that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary or something. We were happy to have fresh towels and made beds after our afternoon breaks and it reminded us of our cruise to have the service and chocolates. No towel creatures though 😉

I requested Fantasy Tower when we booked it.
I understand doing that and I definitely had thought of doing so but did not end up doing it, which is SO unlike me! So I did not make an advance room request but I had really hoped for the Fantasy tower (and a pixie dust upgrade) and also I did not ask for any upgrades at check-in but knew our TA noted our 20th Anniversary in our ressie.

Fortunately we were placed in the Fantasy tower, on the 5th floor if I recall correctly. Facing Disneyland so we could see Fireworks at night and Galaxy’s Edge lit up ( and yes, the parking lot). But I was thrilled! It was perfect! We had a room with two queens and a sofa. Enclosed toilet. Single sink and shower in the bathroom. And the little bathroom sized room outside the bathroom with the counter/mirror/coffee maker and closet which gave us so much more room to get ready. It was great for our family with teens. Better than the smaller counter in the hall set up. The CM said it would be a good room for us. And boy was he right in so many ways :-)

Im so glad I did not make a request because who knows what we may have been switched into, a “better view” with less functionality? I told myself if the desk person was “seasoned” to go with what they gave me and trust them to choose well for us. Im so pleased I did! Our view of fireworks from our beds as we drifted off to sleep that first night is something we will never forget and have never experienced before! pixiedust:

Last edited:
The four of us (DH, DS15, DD12) were pleasantly surprised to receive turn down service in our standard room for our recent weeks vacation. We wondered if it was standard for the hotel or because it was noted on our reservation that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary or something. We were happy to have fresh towels and made beds after our afternoon breaks and it reminded us of our cruise to have the service and chocolates. No towel creatures though 😉

I understand doing that and I definitely had thought of doing so but did not end up doing it, which is SO unlike me! So I did not make an advance room request but I had really hoped for the Fantasy tower (and a pixie dust upgrade) and also I did not ask for any upgrades at check-in but knew our TA noted our 20th Anniversary in our ressie.

Fortunately we were placed in the Fantasy tower, on the 5th floor if I recall correctly. Facing Disneyland so we could see Fireworks at night and Galaxy’s Edge lit up ( and yes, the parking lot). But I was thrilled! It was perfect! We had a room with two queens and a sofa. Enclosed toilet. Single sink and shower in the bathroom. And the little bathroom sized room outside the bathroom with the counter/mirror/coffee maker and closet which gave us so much more room to get ready. It was great for our family with teens. Better than the smaller counter in the hall set up. The CM said it would be a good room for us. And boy was he right in so many ways :-)

Im so glad I did not make a request because who knows what we may have been switched into, a “better view” with less functionality? I told myself if the desk person was “seasoned” to go with what they gave me and trust them to choose well for us. Im so pleased I did! Our view of fireworks from our beds as we drifted off to sleep that first night is something we will never forget and have never experienced before! pixiedust:

We actually had a better view of the fireworks from our DLH room than we did when we were at RBT after Fantasmic! We were so disappointed when all of the fireworks were behind trees at RBT when we had just seen them so beautifully the night before from our hotel room!

Hi! We are staying one night at the Disneyland Hotel in mid October. I’m so excited! They told me our room category was deluxe? She said either a pool view or city view. Any advice on which tower etc to ask for???? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what ammenities are in the Disneyland Hotel rooms. We just have a standard room. I’m looking for a coffee maker, microwave, toaster, refrigerator with freezer.

Can anyone tell me what ammenities are in the Disneyland Hotel rooms. We just have a standard room. I’m looking for a coffee maker, microwave, toaster, refrigerator with freezer.

Um, you will get a coffee maker and small fridge. There isn't a full kitchen. Hotel rooms typically don't have toasters and freezers. There are microwaves for public use in the ground floor of each DLH tower near the vending machines.

What DLgal said. You can get kitchens if you stay at Grand Californian DVC, otherwise you'll have to go offsite for kitchenettes. Most of the hotels on Harbor have a microwave and a dorm-sized fridge as well as the usual coffeemaker. They aren't fancy but the ones near the crosswalk (BWPPI, Park Vue, Tropicana, Desert Inn, Grand Legacy, Camelot) are actually probably closer than DLH or PPH, and about 1/2 to 1/3 the price.

Coffee maker and fridge - yes.
Microwave, toaster, freezer - no. 1 microwave per "tower." No toaster and I don't recall there being any small freezer in the in-room fridge the times we've stayed at the DLH.

The non-standard rooms don't have microwave, toaster, or freezer either. GCH DVC probably does, but snagging a DVC reservation at the GCH is challenging even for DVC owners. The problem is that there aren't a whole lot of DVC rooms/suites available at that property.

If those are must have items, then you should consider staying off site.

Hi! We are staying one night at the Disneyland Hotel in mid October. I’m so excited! They told me our room category was deluxe? She said either a pool view or city view. Any advice on which tower etc to ask for???? Thanks!

I would suggest either Fantasy or Adventure.

We were originally put in the Frontier Tower, and our key didn’t work (twice). After slogging between Frontier and Fantasy several times trying to get it resolved, Frontier felt a hundred miles away. 🙄 I finally asked to be put in Fantasy, and I was SO glad I did. It is much closer to DTD and much more convenient to everything else.

I would suggest either Fantasy or Adventure.

We were originally put in the Frontier Tower, and our key didn’t work (twice). After slogging between Frontier and Fantasy several times trying to get it resolved, Frontier felt a hundred miles away. 🙄 I finally asked to be put in Fantasy, and I was SO glad I did. It is much closer to DTD and much more convenient to everything else.

Also, city view in Fantasy makes fireworks visible (if they're going that night) whereas city view in Frontier gives you a view of the parking lots.

We stayed in Adventure tower 3 weeks ago, it was nice. So close to the entrance; we stepped out of the elevator, through the doors to a walkway, maybe a hundred feet or so along the walkway to cross the street to the security entrance.

When checking in, I asked if there was a free upgrade available, and she gave us a pool view, which was really nice.

You could always snag a toaster at Target and set yourself up! One time I brought my own electric tea kettle, but it ended up being a waste of space. Microwaves were off the lobby in a vending machine room.

You could always snag a toaster at Target and set yourself up! One time I brought my own electric tea kettle, but it ended up being a waste of space. Microwaves were off the lobby in a vending machine room.
I think some hotels specifically prohibit you from bringing a toaster. I guess it is a fire hazard (or at least a hazard of setting off the fire alarms due to smoke?). So I would check with the hotel before you buy or bring a toaster.

So I booked our hotel last year, but didn't pay for the whole thing up front, I've been paying on it all year. There is a new discount for rooms that is recently advertised, 20-25% during the dates that I'll be there. So I called to see if the discount could be applied for my reservation. It cannot. He said there weren't any discounted rooms left for the dates that I have reserved. I think it's BS. It must be hit or miss, if the dates you want still have allotted discounted rooms available then it would probably work. He also then told me because I'm within my 30 days, that I would be charged $50 to change my reservation. What!?? So whatever, I guess it's the full on price -no discount. I hope I get a free upgrade or some pixie dust.
I am guessing you had a package, which is why you have a 30 day cancellation/change fee. If you book room only, you can cancel up to 5 days prior to check in with no penalty (you have to put down a deposit equal to one night’s charges when you book it; I’m not sure if you can make payments along the way or not). That way, if a better deal comes out close to your trip, you can cancel and rebook without a penalty. It would not have helped you here, however, as it sounds like there were no rooms available for your dates for the discount anyway. Discounted rooms are limited, and once they are booked for certain days, then they won’t be able to give you the discount regardless of room only or package because there are simply no rooms to book at that rate. Just because they have rooms available for your dates does not mean that they have “sale” rooms available for your dates. We have had this happen before, and it is just luck of the draw. Sometimes it works out and we rebook and get the deal, and sometimes the deals go so fast that we miss it. I actually recheck hotel prices almost daily (just takes a moment) for the months leading to our trip. That way I can rebook if anything better comes up. They will apply the sale rate to only some of the days of your reservation and keep the others at full price if only some nights are available with the deal or some are already sold out with the deal (many deals are only Sunday through Thursday nights, for example). Hope you have a great trip either way!!

Just to continue my answer, the current holiday discount is only good for “most” Sunday through Thursday nights during the offer period. We are traveling in 2 weeks, and I just rebooked my room last week when this offer came out. It only saved me on one night (the Sunday night of our Friday to Monday trip), but that alone saved us $300 (we also were able to downgrade our view from DTD to Woods/Courtyard at GCH, which is the view I wanted but it was booked so I had the more expensive view booked initially). I booked this room months ago, checked daily and finally got a little discount 2 weeks before the trip for one night of our stay. It is still a big savings. And, it would still outweigh the $50 change fee they are charging you if a discounted room did become available at any time before your trip. So I would advise to keep checking, as people with room only reservations can cancel up to 5 days before without a penalty. So someone with a discounted room may cancel and it could open up for you. Just be aware that the sale may only apply to certain nights of your stay, as in this case, only “most” Sunday through Thursday nights. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter