• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I did something similar this trip, we’d been book at PPH, but then I just had to look up the DLH prices and it wasn’t that much more for our stay. I’m pretty sure there is something in the water there. We stayed at DLH last November and it was so amazing now I don’t think I can do anywhere else. At least when traveling with DD. To watch her face when the headboard lights up is so fun.

Yes, I was thinking the difference would be much more!

They asked if I had a Tower preference, and I said no. I think I’ll just see where I end up and go from there (after I get a feel for the layout). It doesn’t look like the hotel will be full, so hopefully there will be some wiggle room!

14 days from today we will be checking in to DLH!

Yes, I was thinking the difference would be much more!

They asked if I had a Tower preference, and I said no. I think I’ll just see where I end up and go from there (after I get a feel for the layout). It doesn’t look like the hotel will be full, so hopefully there will be some wiggle room!

14 days from today we will be checking in to DLH!
We will be there at the same time! We check in on the 7th!

I have a few questions if anyone can answer!

1. Does DLH have laundry facilities and where are they located? Do they use cash or credit cards?

2. If I have groceries delivered, will Bell Services know to keep the cold stuff cold until I am able to pick it up? (I’ve never had groceries delivered before, so it’s new to me!)

3. What kind of breakfast items are available at the Coffee House in the morning? It looks like that will be our only breakfast option at the hotel that will be open to allow enough time for 7 am EMH. Everything else opens at 7am. (We don’t need anything big.... just something to tide us over till later).

4. Is Starbucks a close enough walk to go and grab something and bring it back to the room? I noticed they open at 5 am. Is security out that early?

Thanks!!

1. Does DLH have laundry facilities and where are they located? Do they use cash or credit cards?

2. If I have groceries delivered, will Bell Services know to keep the cold stuff cold until I am able to pick it up? (I’ve never had groceries delivered before, so it’s new to me!)

3. What kind of breakfast items are available at the Coffee House in the morning? It looks like that will be our only breakfast option at the hotel that will be open to allow enough time for 7 am EMH. Everything else opens at 7am. (We don’t need anything big.... just something to tide us over till later).

4. Is Starbucks a close enough walk to go and grab something and bring it back to the room? I noticed they open at 5 am. Is security out that early?

Thanks!!
1. Yes they do they are located to the the Right of Fantasy Tower right behind Goofys Kitchen and next to the Fitness Center.

2. Not sure about cold stuff

3. when we went in January they had some breakfast items because Tangoroa Terrace was closed. Like a waffle with fruit biscuit, bacon platter. Not sure if they still have that there or back at Tangaroa Terrace. What they do have at the coffee house is pastries, fruit, yogurt and a few other small items. We sometimes order Starbucks and pick it up and eat while we wait in line to enter. We leave DLH around 6:30 grab coffee and wait in line.

4. Yes their is one close but i do not think you can order ahead. Maybe now you can. But it is probably just easier to order and go to the gates than go out of the hotel then get coffee then come back to hotel then go back out. Or Maybe someone can leave 5-10 minutes earlier and order and wait for everyone.

Thanks!!
I can answer a few of your question but hoping other DISers chime in!

1. Yes, there is a small laundry room on site. It takes credit/debit cards and there is vending machine with laundry supplies as well.

2. We've had groceries delivered but didn't leave them at the Bell Desk. Personally, I'd recommend being at the hotel during the delivery window so you can get everything into the fridge ASAP. For example, we needed lactose-free milk for our kiddo (not available in the parks) and, by the time it was delivered, the container was already sweating and wasn't exactly cold to the touch. I'd hate for any of your groceries to spoil at the Bell Desk.

4. Room to door, I'd say it's a 7-10 minute walk to Starbucks depending on which tower your in - so def. doable!

Thank you for your responses! They were very helpful!!!

Do y’all know if there is anywhere that we can refill a water bottle? That’s one thing I always liked about WDW hotels. There is always a place to fill water bottles! If not, I’ll just have some delivered, but it would be nice not to have to waste all that plastic!

Oh, and one more question! How early should be leave to arrive for 7 am EMH (or whatever they are called)? Do we need to go and camp out a bit, or can we get there closer to the start time?

Do y’all know if there is anywhere that we can refill a water bottle? That’s one thing I always liked about WDW hotels. There is always a place to fill water bottles! If not, I’ll just have some delivered, but it would be nice not to have to waste all that plastic!

Oh, and one more question! How early should be leave to arrive for 7 am EMH (or whatever they are called)? Do we need to go and camp out a bit, or can we get there closer to the start time?
Not sure about at the hotel, however we travel with our hydroflasks in the park all the time now. We just ask at a counter service location for a glass of ice or ice water to top them up. You can fill them at Rancho del Zocalo (outdoor water filling station) or Pizza Port (indoors on the soda machines), counter service has to give it to you in a cup they can't fill your container directly, so there is waste there but at least it is compostable (in theory). Starbucks in DTD has always just filled my water bottle directly as long as it was empty when I give it to them.

We did EMH in December during Christmas staying at FatasyTower and in January during MLK weekend staying at frontier tower. Both times we left our room about 6:30 am and either went to the coffee house or order Starbucks. We were in line always by 6:45. Usually that would put at least about 15 families in front of us. But we never try to be the first inline during EMH especially with MP. We get so much done.

We did EMH in December during Christmas staying at FatasyTower and in January during MLK weekend staying at frontier tower. Both times we left our room about 6:30 am and either went to the coffee house or order Starbucks. We were in line always by 6:45. Usually that would put at least about 15 families in front of us. But we never try to be the first inline during EMH especially with MP. We get so much done.

Thank you!!

Not sure about at the hotel, however we travel with our hydroflasks in the park all the time now. We just ask at a counter service location for a glass of ice or ice water to top them up. You can fill them at Rancho del Zocalo (outdoor water filling station) or Pizza Port (indoors on the soda machines), counter service has to give it to you in a cup they can't fill your container directly, so there is waste there but at least it is compostable (in theory). Starbucks in DTD has always just filled my water bottle directly as long as it was empty when I give it to them.

Thank you!!

I'm curious about these as well. We will have water bottles, about the only things we plan to carry, and would like to refill them. And I was anticipating leaving the hotel rooms at 6:30 for EMH so good to hear thats about right, especially with a Starbucks stop on the way!

I'm curious about these as well. We will have water bottles, about the only things we plan to carry, and would like to refill them. And I was anticipating leaving the hotel rooms at 6:30 for EMH so good to hear thats about right, especially with a Starbucks stop on the way!
See above ... also I remembered there is a water bottle filling station by the Innoventions building/Tomorrowland Terrace area; but to be honest if I am over that way I just go into Pizza Port because then I get ice too!

Does anyone know if the laundry is open 24/7? Is there any connectivity to show the status/availability of the machines? This will probably be the first year I make use of it (since I've stretched my trip out to 8 days now) and probably will do one load real quick after I get done with the parks (10pm or 11pm depending on the day). What's everyone preferred method for carrying dirty/clean clothes between your room and the laundry area? I'll probably request Adventure Tower (was randomly placed there my first year and enjoy it :P)

Thanks!!
I'll chime in with the things I'm familiar with:

2. Yes, the bell desk has cold storage, and will store the perishables from your grocery delivery until you can pick up. You do not have to be present, unless you have alcohol included in your grocery order.

3. Related to groceries, we always pick up breakfast items to keep in the room-- there are small fridges and microwaves. You can order your yogurt, granola, milk, juice, muffins, power bars, etc. and a case of bottled water in your grocery delivery. Eat while getting ready, or take it with you to eat while you stand in line at the gate. It's enough to tide you over till snack time or a late breakfast/brunch.

4. Agree with the PP who suggested you get your Starbucks on the way. If you've never used mobile order for Starbucks, it's a lifesaver. Get it on your phone, and put in your order just before or when you leave your hotel room (I'd leave by 6:15 for a 7 a.m. MM). Then pick it up on the way through Downtown Disney. Be sure you're ordering at the correct one, which is between Sunglass Hut and World of Disney, 1570 Disneyland Drive, suite 105.

Re: water bottles... I can't stand the taste of CA water. Guess we're spoiled living in the Pacific Northwest, with our good water. I will fill our refillable water bottles with bottled water before leaving the hotel room, then refill at available places around the parks during the day.

I would skip The Coffee House, tbh. We went there before EMH at Disneyland one morning and the line was long (it moved fast, however), but they were almost out of pastries by the time we got up to the counter and that's all we were there for. I wasn't impressed.

It'd probably be better to send someone early to Starbucks in DtD, honestly.

I have a couple of pool questions- I believe I've seen before that you can use the pool on check out day "until you are ready to leave". So will the key card still work all day to access the pool area? I also vaguely recall reading that there are restrooms by the pool that might have changing areas?

Finally, is there wi-fi by the pools? I am looking at a scenario where I might need to work down in the pool area on check out day while my kids play until probably early afternoon.

4. Agree with the PP who suggested you get your Starbucks on the way. If you've never used mobile order for Starbucks, it's a lifesaver. Get it on your phone, and put in your order just before or when you leave your hotel room (I'd leave by 6:15 for a 7 a.m. MM). Then pick it up on the way through Downtown Disney. Be sure you're ordering at the correct one, which is between Sunglass Hut and World of Disney, 1570 Disneyland Drive, suite 105.

I would probably order at Starbucks West, which is right before the Lego store...it's much less crowded, in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter