The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Do any of the 2 queen rooms have a glass shower instead of the shower/tub combo?

Dumb question but I can't find the answer. For our March stay we are going to reduce how much we pack and do a load of laundry at DLH. I understand the facilities are in Discovery Tower. Can I bring my own detergent pods or is there a detergent I'm supposed to buy there?

I am coming in next weekend for a three night stay. It is going to be my family (3 of us) and brother's family (6) all staying in a 3 bedroom suite.
A quick question - I love turn down service. Its such a magical treat. Can you still request this? Or is it only for CL?

Thanks!

I am coming in next weekend for a three night stay. It is going to be my family (3 of us) and brother's family (6) all staying in a 3 bedroom suite.
A quick question - I love turn down service. Its such a magical treat. Can you still request this? Or is it only for CL?

Thanks!
When we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite we had club level and didn't get the turn down service, but that was in 2022. Maybe it's changed since then. I know some things took a while to come back when they reopened.

We've got a booking for a 2 Bedroom Family Connecting Suite in a few weeks, and it's my first time staying in that room type at DLH! Any tips on room requests that might make a difference (tower, view, etc.)? I don't plan on adding on CL so proximity to the lounge is a non-factor.

We've got a booking for a 2 Bedroom Family Connecting Suite in a few weeks, and it's my first time staying in that room type at DLH! Any tips on room requests that might make a difference (tower, view, etc.)? I don't plan on adding on CL so proximity to the lounge is a non-factor.
I stayed in that room type a couple of years ago. We were in Frontier, and I think that might be the only tower that has them. That's what the CM told me, but they've been known to be wrong. Have a great trip!

I stayed in that room type a couple of years ago. We were in Frontier, and I think that might be the only tower that has them. That's what the CM told me, but they've been known to be wrong. Have a great trip!
Thanks! Do you happen to recall which way your room faced (outwards/west or inwards towards the pool)?

Thanks! Do you happen to recall which way your room faced (outwards/west or inwards towards the pool)?
The suite was so huge we faced a few directions! We had views of the pool and 2 parking lots, but one of them had alot of trees just outside. We also had 2 balconies and 3 bathrooms. It was during the major construction so we had to keep the windows closed the whole time, though. I'm sure it's lovely now :)

Dumb question but I can't find the answer. For our March stay we are going to reduce how much we pack and do a load of laundry at DLH. I understand the facilities are in Discovery Tower. Can I bring my own detergent pods or is there a detergent I'm supposed to buy there?
They have detergent that you can buy there, but last time we were there we brought our own. There was no indication that you were not supposed to do that and I’m not sure why there would be :)

We did laundry in the Discovery tower (we were staying in the Adventure Tower) on our last visit about 2 weeks ago . As for the laundry soap .......... it was free when we were there . They just had a counter top area by the payment kiosk , with plenty of it available for free. It was powdered boxes of Tide .
Also , just an FYI - it is all cashless, so bring your CC . Was $3.25 per load , wash or dry .

I know they have family connecting suites in Adventure because we were given one once when there was an issue with our room (one bedroom suite). The extra piece (basically a regular hotel room with bath) was connected to a 1-bedroom suite to make it a 2-br, 2-bath suite (sometimes there's another 1/2 bath). We wondered before we went up why we were given 2 sets of room keys each! We thought we'd been pixie dusted for our trouble. It was quickly taken away, though, when they realized they'd moved us into a 2 br, and they were obviously thinking we'd tried to scam them. They were quite rude and made it clear they believed we'd tried to pull a fast one on them to get a bigger suite, so we went downstairs to complain. It wasn't our fault our original room had a major issue and we had to move. We decided to go downstairs, not to get the extra bed/bath, but to explain that being treated like we'd tried to scam them into giving us a bigger room was uncalled for and left us feeling terrible. We'd lost a lot of time moving in, moving out, moving in, and then moving out of part of the suite. They ended up giving us a $100 Disney gift card. That's not why I complained. I'm one of the most by-the-book people around and would never try to scam anyone. I know I could have tried for more, but that wasn't the point--I just wanted them to be aware that they needed to brush up on their customer service skills, to say the least.

I did use the $100 towards renewing my AP LOL.

I know they have family connecting suites in Adventure because we were given one once when there was an issue with our room (one bedroom suite). The extra piece (basically a regular hotel room with bath) was connected to a 1-bedroom suite to make it a 2-br, 2-bath suite (sometimes there's another 1/2 bath). We wondered before we went up why we were given 2 sets of room keys each! We thought we'd been pixie dusted for our trouble. It was quickly taken away, though, when they realized they'd moved us into a 2 br, and they were obviously thinking we'd tried to scam them. They were quite rude and made it clear they believed we'd tried to pull a fast one on them to get a bigger suite, so we went downstairs to complain. It wasn't our fault our original room had a major issue and we had to move. We decided to go downstairs, not to get the extra bed/bath, but to explain that being treated like we'd tried to scam them into giving us a bigger room was uncalled for and left us feeling terrible. We'd lost a lot of time moving in, moving out, moving in, and then moving out of part of the suite. They ended up giving us a $100 Disney gift card. That's not why I complained. I'm one of the most by-the-book people around and would never try to scam anyone. I know I could have tried for more, but that wasn't the point--I just wanted them to be aware that they needed to brush up on their customer service skills, to say the least.

I did use the $100 towards renewing my AP LOL.
Wow, I'm glad you said something. That's completely uncalled for. I would have been heartbroken if someone accused me of trying to get one over on them, especially if it came from Disney CMs (who can be some of my favorite people in the world!).

Wow, I'm glad you said something. That's completely uncalled for. I would have been heartbroken if someone accused me of trying to get one over on them, especially if it came from Disney CMs (who can be some of my favorite people in the world!).
Yes, it honestly went against almost every interaction I've had with the hotel CMs. They are normally SO nice and make an extra effort to make sure you're happy. I imagine it was just one CM. I pictured them making warning notes about me, LOL. My DD said, "Mom! I can't believe they're practically accusing YOU, of all people, of pulling a fast one! They should know you by name by now!" which was nice of her to say :rotfl: .

With early entry now back to alternating parks, what are folks strategy for getting to the main gates? What time are people lining up at the DLH/DTD security gates now?

We were spoiled our last few trips staying at the GCH so I forget what the process is for DLH 😄

Has anyone recently used the service where your park purchases are sent directly to your Disneyland Hotel room, so you don't need to lug around stuff with you all day? I've never used this service, and I'm not quite sure how it works. We may do a fair amount of shopping (both snacks and merch) during our upcoming April trip, and I may want to take advantage of having our purchases sent directly to the Disneyland Hotel.

When the items arrive at the hotel- is it like within 12 hours of purchase? Do the items go to the front desk for you to pick up later, or are they sent directly to your room somehow? Thanks!

Has anyone recently used the service where your park purchases are sent directly to your Disneyland Hotel room, so you don't need to lug around stuff with you all day? I've never used this service, and I'm not quite sure how it works. We may do a fair amount of shopping (both snacks and merch) during our upcoming April trip, and I may want to take advantage of having our purchases sent directly to the Disneyland Hotel.

When the items arrive at the hotel- is it like within 12 hours of purchase? Do the items go to the front desk for you to pick up later, or are they sent directly to your room somehow? Thanks!

We did this on our July 2023 trip. The packages are delivered to the gift shop the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter