The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Quick question for the experts!

I realize DLH's laundry room was closed during/for the big refurb and guests needing to do wash can go to the PPH. Does anyone know if the guest laundry will be reopened or relocated? Are there plans to still have a guest laundry at the DLH?

Thanks a bunch!

Quick question for the experts!

I realize DLH's laundry room was closed during/for the big refurb and guests needing to do wash can go to the PPH. Does anyone know if the guest laundry will be reopened or relocated? Are there plans to still have a guest laundry at the DLH?

Thanks a bunch!

Sure is open for business. Have been here since the 21st and we have done two loads of washing so far.

2 tokens are needed which are $1 each for each cycle: wash and dry.

Very happy campers to find it open.

Lot of talk about the slides but how are the new pools and hot tub? Does anyone have any good pictures? How many hot tubs are there? Are they good sized like the old DLH one?

KCMike, we are heading there Monday so I'll be sure to report back. I think there are 2 hot tubs now and one looks to be in the same spot as the old one so I hope it's still nice and big.

I wonder if I can hang in the hot tub and still see the kids on the slides? Mine are older but I still want to be able to keep my eye on them.

Anyone have the new hotel map or link?

KCMike, we are heading there Monday so I'll be sure to report back. I think there are 2 hot tubs now and one looks to be in the same spot as the old one so I hope it's still nice and big.

I wonder if I can hang in the hot tub and still see the kids on the slides? Mine are older but I still want to be able to keep my eye on them.

Anyone have the new hotel map or link?

Thanks so much! Have a great time! Don't forget to pack the swim gear;)

Lot of talk about the slides but how are the new pools and hot tub? Does anyone have any good pictures? How many hot tubs are there? Are they good sized like the old DLH one?

We were just there last week and were upgraded (without asking) to a room in the Fantasy Tower with view of the pools. If I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll post my picture of the pools. (or if someone can direct me to a link on how to post pictures.)

Hi all,

We made a quick stop this week at the DLH and were able to catch some of the Christmas decorations. Thought you would be interested to see!

In keeping with the themes of each hotel tower, the lobby of each tower had a different tree.

Fantasy Tower (Main Lobby)
December312011171v2.jpg

Adventure Tower
December312011156v2.jpg

Frontier Tower
December312011115v2.jpg

Goofy's Kitchen
December312011135v2.jpg

a Goofy tree for Goofy's Kitchen.

Here's a night time photo of the pools. I guess I didn't take any daytime shots as the pools looked really cool at night!

DLH-pool-web.jpg

Here's a night time photo of the pools. I guess I didn't take any daytime shots as the pools looked really cool at night!

Thanks 94bruin! This is a great shot and really shows the size of the pools and the layout. Do you remember your room number?

Also, do you mind if I re-post this photo at the beginning of the thread?

Thanks 94bruin! This is a great shot and really shows the size of the pools and the layout. Do you remember your room number?

Also, do you mind if I re-post this photo at the beginning of the thread?

Sure - go ahead and post it. If I had know that it would end up on this thread, I would have tried to get a better shot with the better camera. I think i took this shot when everyone was asleep.

I believe we were in room 2530? It was on the 7th floor of the Fantasy Towers. You turned right coming off the elevators and it was the second to last room on the right.

How many hot tubs were there? Thanks for the shot!

Hi KC Mike - there are 2 hot tubs. One is near the monorail slides (the Minnie Mouse spa) closest to the Frontier Tower, and the other (the Mickey spa) is near the E Ticket pool, closest to the Fantasy Tower.

I got some daytime shots of the E Ticket pool and those will soon be posted on Page 1 of this thread.

FYI. Thread has been updated (in post #3) with photos of the completed E-Ticket pool and Mickey Mouse spa.

Great thread! I understand that some of the rooms are bigger than others. Are there larger rooms with two queens, dual sinks in the bathrooms, table and chairs, and sofa? Or are the larger rooms only for parties of 5? Any tips for getting a larger room? Thanks!

Does anyone know rack rates for the rooms now that the renovation is complete? I heard prices were going to increase...

Does anyone know rack rates for the rooms now that the renovation is complete? I heard prices were going to increase...

Since there doesn't appear to be a Rack Rate listing as conspicuous as with the WDW hotels, it's tough to say.

During Value Season, there are typically winter offers up to 25% off. The best deals can be found then. Same goes with Annual Passholder rates. For example, a Value Season AP rate is as low as $210/night for a Standard Room.

That being said, here are Rack Rates during Regular Season:

Standard Room $385
Resort/Pool View $405
Upper Level Resort View $435
Upper Level Pool View $435
Concierge Pool View $590
Concierge Resort View $610

Rack Rates are definitely close to what you'd find at Deluxe properties in WDW.

Happy Planning! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter