The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

How early do they let you check in to the DLH??
I see people saying they checked in at noon...or even 8 AM!??!

That is AWESOME!! I was planning on arriving around 2 PM to get unloaded and check in at 3 PM posted checkin...but it looks like we can arrive MUCH, MUCH earlier?!?!

How early do they let you check in to the DLH??
I see people saying they checked in at noon...or even 8 AM!??!

That is AWESOME!! I was planning on arriving around 2 PM to get unloaded and check in at 3 PM posted checkin...but it looks like we can arrive MUCH, MUCH earlier?!?!
A few years ago, a friend checked into GCH ( to a room adjoining ours) at 6 a.m. I had called the hotel ahead of time to make sure it was OK to check in early. Her room was actually ready at 6 a.m.--by the time I called her at 6:30 a.m to tell her we were awake, she was in her room and unpacked! :) That is highly unusual--but they will hold your luggage and then text you when your room is ready. That way, you can make use of EMH. I am almost positive this is the policy for all DLR hotels.

excellent info! Thank you! I just got off the phone with the hotel itself, and they verified you can "check in" anytime that day--5 AM if you want! You'll get your hotel key, but your room may not be ready until as late as 4 PM. :-( But you can use the pool, resort, etc while waiting for the text that your room is ready. (I think she said you get your room number in the text they send too...not ahead of time?)

!!!!!! WE ARE BOOKED !!!!!!

It's the last trip on our passes and I'm not sure if we'll be able to renew (they were Christmas gifts!), so we're going all out and staying onsite! Well.. for most of the trip lol. We have a 2 night voucher at another hotel that was meant to be used on our two night trip in July... but I messed up and forgot to book outside of the 30 day mark so we figured we'll just use it this time -- so hey, we're calling it free since it's already paid for!

We're staying January 11-12 at another hotel, then the 13-16 at DLH! Ugh I am so excited for just the HEADBOARD lol The roughly 1,200 bill is kind of freaking me out but I think I'll be okay.

Checking in Thursday - our first trip to DLR. We're in a standard room. Will it have a mini fridge? I just found out that only the DTD Starbucks is open before EMH this weekend. I'd like to get milk and stuff to keep in the room for breakfasts, but obviously that requires a fridge.

Hello everyone!! I am a newbie to Disneyland but I am a WDW vet. My fiancée and I are getting married on the 24th of this month and leaving for DL the day after, on the 25th, for our honeymoon. I just received our package in the mail and I see that my fiancée put my new last name on the reservation. Would that cause any problems checking in since my drivers license has my maiden name on it? (The reservation is under my fiancée's name and credit card). Do they ask for everyone's photo ID or just one photo ID? And also we booked the Disneyland express and I see my voucher also has my new last name on it. Would that also cause any problems getting on the bus from LAX to DLH?

Hello everyone!! I am a newbie to Disneyland but I am a WDW vet. My fiancée and I are getting married on the 24th of this month and leaving for DL the day after, on the 25th, for our honeymoon. I just received our package in the mail and I see that my fiancée put my new last name on the reservation. Would that cause any problems checking in since my drivers license has my maiden name on it? (The reservation is under my fiancée's name and credit card). Do they ask for everyone's photo ID or just one photo ID? And also we booked the Disneyland express and I see my voucher also has my new last name on it. Would that also cause any problems getting on the bus from LAX to DLH?

I believe everything has to have the name that is on your license now: airline tickets, reservations for the hotel, etc. the name hasn't been legally changed with DMV (I'm assuming) until you've returned from your trip.

Call your travel agent to change. You can still get your pixie dust when our check in by saying your on our honeymoon: get your buttons & enjoy wearing them!

Not sure how much time you'll be at Disneyland & how much time yiu will be in the parks. If time & money allow, I'd recommend dinner at Napa Rose @Grand Californian and/or Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel.

Congratulations & enjoy!!!pixiedust:

There won't be any problem for the Disneyland Express. They just take the voucher - they have never checked any of our ids. I also think it should be fine at the DLH. I've always checked us in and they've never asked to see DH's id (that I can remember). That said, it wouldn't hurt to call the hotel directly now, explain the situation and have them make a note of your maiden name on the reservation. Your airline ticket would be the only one that would definitely be a problem if the ticket didn't match the id.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

A couple questions:

We are checking in in 12 days!! :cool1:

I'm paying everything in gift cards. Do we have to pay our balance upon check in?

Also, I bought 3 day PH at the Disney Store with the intentions to turn them into 5 day PH. Can the hotel desk do that for us, or do we have to go to a ticket booth?

Finally, we arrive to the resort at about 10am or so. I know they will store our luggage for us so we can go to the parks, but do they call/text when the room is ready? Will they automatically deliver our luggage, or do we have to stop at the desk to let them know we are ready for it?

Thanks! This is a lifelong dream for me to stay at DLH - I've been to DLR a dozen times in my life, and always wanted to stay here!

A couple questions: We are checking in in 12 days!! :cool1: I'm paying everything in gift cards. Do we have to pay our balance upon check in? Also, I bought 3 day PH at the Disney Store with the intentions to turn them into 5 day PH. Can the hotel desk do that for us, or do we have to go to a ticket booth? Finally, we arrive to the resort at about 10am or so. I know they will store our luggage for us so we can go to the parks, but do they call/text when the room is ready? Will they automatically deliver our luggage, or do we have to stop at the desk to let them know we are ready for it? Thanks! This is a lifelong dream for me to stay at DLH - I've been to DLR a dozen times in my life, and always wanted to stay here!

I think you pay the balance at checkout. Although you could probably pay the balance of the room when you get there and just leave a credit card for incidentals.

I know my brother was able to buy tickets at the front desk (and even charge it to his room), so I would think you could upgrade, although I don't know that 100%.

They will text you when you room is ready. They will not deliver your luggage for you. You can tell bell services on your way back in or just call from your room.

Have a wonderful time!!!

Thanks so much! I'll make sure to leave 30 minutes for checkout since we're paying in $50 gift cards... sorry DLH & people in line behind me!

I should clarify - they won't deliver your luggage automatically when your room is ready! They WILL deliver it when you let them know. I'm sure you realized that's what I meant, but I don't want any confusion!

I should clarify - they won't deliver your luggage automatically when your room is ready! They WILL deliver it when you let them know. I'm sure you realized that's what I meant, but I don't want any confusion!

That's how I interpreted it - thanks!

There won't be any problem for the Disneyland Express. They just take the voucher - they have never checked any of our ids. I also think it should be fine at the DLH. I've always checked us in and they've never asked to see DH's id (that I can remember). That said, it wouldn't hurt to call the hotel directly now, explain the situation and have them make a note of your maiden name on the reservation. Your airline ticket would be the only one that would definitely be a problem if the ticket didn't match the id.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

You shouldn't have any issues with your DL Express voucher or room reservation...they will print the name on your room key. The only thing that would be of concern is your airline ticket.

Has anyone had experience checking in about 7am? We will be picking up our park tickets upon check in and heading over for early entry. I am just wondering how busy check in is in the 7 o'clock hour. How long should I expect the process to take?

Has anyone had experience checking in about 7am? We will be picking up our park tickets upon check in and heading over for early entry. I am just wondering how busy check in is in the 7 o'clock hour. How long should I expect the process to take?

You shouldn't have any problems with this. This is what we plan on doing as well. :cool1: In general it isn't too busy at that time of day.

We are staying at the DLH for the first time next weekend. This is Santa's big gift to our boys, delivered by our elf. My question is, has anyone checked in after midnight? Have you ever had your room given away? Is the customer service still great that late? Thank you!

My suggestion would be to call the DLH directly and let them now when you are checking in and ask them if there will be any problem with a post midnight check in. I am sure this happens pretty regularly as it is such a major hotel with an international clientele who are arriving at all hours. Main thing is for them to have already noted in your record that you are arriving very late so if they are sold out they will hold the room. They don't assign specific rooms until you arrive any way. I have stayed at DLH about 8 times and had excellent front desk service every time and can only hope that at midnight they are even kinder to a family with kids who will be exhausted and need some TLC. Have fun!

We will be staying at the Disneyland hotel for our first-time visit in June! Sooo excited! I like how the whole thing just oozes Disney history! The monorail slides are great, too! I also like it because it is unique to Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter