The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

That is totally unacceptable and I'm so sorry you had that room! We had a very similar thing happen in June with construction workers right outside our window. We had to keep the curtains closed the whole time. Your situation looks even worse. I called the day after we checked in and spoke to someone and they gave me a discount.
They really shouldn't be putting people in those rooms. If they MUST they should have an extreme discount and tell people exactly what to expect. For us, we saved up for years to stay at DLH in a nice suite, so it was beyond disappointing to have all the construction right there. We couldn't enjoy the room or the view at al. Our room also had this fine white dust all over everything that we assumed was connected to the construction. We would have stayed somewhere else if we'd known.

I hope you hear back soon and they are able to give you a partial refund or something.
Thank you! Im sorry you also experienced something similar. Disney actually just called me. They gave me a $450 refund ($150/night), but I told them it was more important to me that they take action and stop selling these rooms for future guests. They asked to see my pictures, so I am emailing them to them. Hopefully they listen and block these rooms.

Thank you! Im sorry you also experienced something similar. Disney actually just called me. They gave me a $450 refund ($150/night), but I told them it was more important to me that they take action and stop selling these rooms for future guests. They asked to see my pictures, so I am emailing them to them. Hopefully they listen and block these rooms.
I so appreciate hearing about your recent experience and this update. I'm meeting my daughter in the parks next week, and I'd booked Tropicana for Wed 9/7-Friday 9/9-- many of my usual places had no availability, probably due to D23, and the DLR hotels had all sold out, too, with the Keyholder summer rates. However, I happened to be looking 2 days ago, and lo and behold, an availability had popped up at DLH, at the MagicKeyholder summer rate. So I nabbed it. But after your description, I will not be using the checkin feature on the app. I'll check in in person so I can request an upgrade, or failing that, at least get into the Adventure tower.

Thanks!

I'm so glad you were able to get a refund. When I spoke to them I said the main thing is they should really let people know ahead of time what they will be getting if they book those rooms. Did they reply about your pictures yet?

I so appreciate hearing about your recent experience and this update. I'm meeting my daughter in the parks next week, and I'd booked Tropicana for Wed 9/7-Friday 9/9-- many of my usual places had no availability, probably due to D23, and the DLR hotels had all sold out, too, with the Keyholder summer rates. However, I happened to be looking 2 days ago, and lo and behold, an availability had popped up at DLH, at the MagicKeyholder summer rate. So I nabbed it. But after your description, I will not be using the checkin feature on the app. I'll check in in person so I can request an upgrade, or failing that, at least get into the Adventure tower.

Thanks!
I would call ahead to request Adventure tower before you get there so they can make a note of it. You may have a better chance of getting what you want if you contact them ahead of time. Have a fun trip!

Thanks!
I hope you have a great time and get an awesome room!

We have a Premium View booked next month and would love to not be right next to construction. What room requests should we make to get the best view/less noise? Thank you!

We have a Premium View booked next month and would love to not be right next to construction. What room requests should we make to get the best view/less noise? Thank you!
The main thing is which tower, as the construction is right next to Frontier. If you are in Fantasy or Adventure you should be ok, but you'll still see the construction. Parking lot view or Downtown Disney view wouldn't overlook construction. You could call ahead of time and tell them that you don't want to be close to the construction. Also go to the desk when you arrive and speak to a CM before you check in to your room.

I called today to add trip insurance and make final payment. The cast member I spoke to was SO nice. She asked if we had our park reservations, knew about EE, knew about package delivery, the mobile ordering to DTD food places since there is no room services, etc. I feel like anyone who is booking at a Disney hotel should get a phone call from her. haha. I knew all those things, but she just delivered it so well. She also took my room request for fantasy tower.

I called today to add trip insurance and make final payment. The cast member I spoke to was SO nice. She asked if we had our park reservations, knew about EE, knew about package delivery, the mobile ordering to DTD food places since there is no room services, etc. I feel like anyone who is booking at a Disney hotel should get a phone call from her. haha. I knew all those things, but she just delivered it so well. She also took my room request for fantasy tower.
Is there a direct number for DLH? I know there is one for GCH, because I just used to to call about the Spa. I just don't want to go to the main booking number for all resort hotels, would prefer to speak directly with DLH.

We usually visit Disney World, but will be visiting Disneyland for the 2nd time in February. We have reservations at the Disneyland Hotel. Do you know if they usually offer a discount program (25% off stay for example)? For DW, we were usually able to secure a discount and apply to our reservation around October for a February trip. If they do offer hotel discounts for Disneyland, when do they usually come out for a February reservation? Thank you!

We usually visit Disney World, but will be visiting Disneyland for the 2nd time in February. We have reservations at the Disneyland Hotel. Do you know if they usually offer a discount program (25% off stay for example)? For DW, we were usually able to secure a discount and apply to our reservation around October for a February trip. If they do offer hotel discounts for Disneyland, when do they usually come out for a February reservation? Thank you!
I was just coming to ask if we think there will be a fall discount as they haven't annouced any discounts past 9/29. The thing is.. I know there are many dates in October where on-site is totally full.. so who knows. Disneyland usually announces them later than WDW.

I was just coming to ask if we think there will be a fall discount as they haven't annouced any discounts past 9/29. The thing is.. I know there are many dates in October where on-site is totally full.. so who knows. Disneyland usually announces them later than WDW.
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I highly doubt they'll announce a fall discount because of exactly that reason - they're basically sold out for all of October. I was hoping for one but I'm glad we didn't wait because we would have been out of luck for onsite.

I’ve been wondering about the fall discount thing too. I think historically they *do* have fall discounts, though occasionally they don’t start for stays before like October 25+ dates. Most years I think they have been mid-October (think 10-14th and onward until about the end of the first week in December or maybe second week).

They usually wait until pretty late in the existing promo before announcing, I want to say around September 10th to 15th, so if we do have one we might see details this coming week. That said, they usually give credit card holders and/or magic key holders (APs) a couple days exclusive so I’m surprised stuff hasn’t leaked out now (if we’re getting anything).

The big wild card seems to be the demand. The hotels are always insanely expensive, but this year occupancy levels do seem MUCH higher, at least for my dates (20th - 30th window) I’m seeing at least one hotel completely booked if not two… or at least returning results of $2,400+ nightly rates which basically means booked 🤣

Desperately hope I can shave a hundred bucks or so a night off my dates since I don’t think I got more than one day for less than $700/night (and not all nights are at the Grand!)

I’ve been wondering about the fall discount thing too. I think historically they *do* have fall discounts, though occasionally they don’t start for stays before like October 25+ dates. Most years I think they have been mid-October (think 10-14th and onward until about the end of the first week in December or maybe second week).

They usually wait until pretty late in the existing promo before announcing, I want to say around September 10th to 15th, so if we do have one we might see details this coming week. That said, they usually give credit card holders and/or magic key holders (APs) a couple days exclusive so I’m surprised stuff hasn’t leaked out now (if we’re getting anything).

The big wild card seems to be the demand. The hotels are always insanely expensive, but this year occupancy levels do seem MUCH higher, at least for my dates (20th - 30th window) I’m seeing at least one hotel completely booked if not two… or at least returning results of $2,400+ nightly rates which basically means booked 🤣

Desperately hope I can shave a hundred bucks or so a night off my dates since I don’t think I got more than one day for less than $700/night (and not all nights are at the Grand!)
Oh wow!! I think we paid around $450 a night for Disneyland hotel- booked it back in may. Now our dates are almost completely booked and nights that aren't the cheapest room is like $800..

The thing to remember also tho is we are at that 30
Days window now for October dates. Final payment is due..

I don’t want to make it seem like this is “cheap,” but $450 a night would be amazing! I was used to previous years being between $450 and $525/night for DLH so this year… hurts.

I got $705 for “premium view” (cheapest left) on a Saturday night and then later in the trip again $705 for another Saturday night.

Then Sun-Wed for $727/night for a woods-courtyard view at the Grand because DLH wasn’t much cheaper when I booked.

I got “lucky” on one night at DLH (Wed night stay) where it was $517 which I feel great about 🤣

If you book hotel rooms alone (not part of a package deal, as far as I’m aware there is no savings to book a package) you can cancel up to 3 days before check in (maybe 5?) for a full refund. Deposit is the first night’s stay on the credit card, rest is billed at the end of the stay. I’ve got plenty of wiggle room (though a little killer since I booked three separate stays since my trip includes both Grand and DLH & then a bit over at Universal, so I had to pre-pay 3 nights worth on my credit card.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter