• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

There are so many areas to explore! Lots and lots of memorabilia and history. Take some time to investigate the different parts of the hotel, because there are a number of locations most guests never venture into. I discovered some of them from attending conferences, and some because I'm a very early riser and go exploring when my family is asleep.

Of course I LOVE Trader Sam's! Love the outdoor fireplace, the island band that plays on the terrace, the entire tiki-lit lanai area, and the indoor bar. I like Tangaroa as well. You can sit on the terrace and go to the walk-up bar.

I think DLH has the best gift shop of the hotels. I always go there whether I'm staying at the hotel or not.

The vibe is very early Disneyland/SoCal so I'd say that's it's biggest draw for me.
Thank you for this tip - can you give more info about where to go to see the memorabilia and history? Or is it a case of wander around and pay attention to the surroundings?

Thank you for this tip - can you give more info about where to go to see the memorabilia and history? Or is it a case of wander around and pay attention to the surroundings?
You'll find lots of things if you wander, but primarily I'm thinking of the area where the conference rooms are (upstairs from the Goofy's Kitchen area) and all around the lobby tower downstairs. In each tower, the lobby has some interesting things to see. The nice thing about going upstairs and wandering around is that there are usually very few people up there. There's lots of concept art and interesting things on the walls.

You'll find lots of things if you wander, but primarily I'm thinking of the area where the conference rooms are (upstairs from the Goofy's Kitchen area) and all around the lobby tower downstairs. In each tower, the lobby has some interesting things to see. The nice thing about going upstairs and wandering around is that there are usually very few people up there. There's lots of concept art and interesting things on the walls.
Oh my goodness...all these visits to DLH and I had no clue there was a display/things to see on the second floor above Goofy's Kitchen. Thank you! We will check it out on our arrival day for our November trip.

If word gets out that reservations are being canceled or investigated by DVD then the renters won't rent. Disney vacation goers knows the importance of locking in dates and accommodations as its a domino effect of dining reservations and plans. It will also spook owners who let friends and family as they will be on pins and needles every time they book.

Even now renters weigh the differences the drawback of committing early to renting and the no housekeeping versus the savings. Add in chance of (arbitrary) cancellation or even hassle when trying to check in, better of paying on the hotel side maybe even go down a level (moderates are still amazing) to ensure an already hectic vacation goes as smooth as possible.

Anyone else booked for the new DVC tower? We waffled back and forth between a DVC room and a standard club room for our November trip. I thought I made up my mind with club level, but the excitement and newness of the DVC tower won out. I came across this video by Disney that has a tour of the current site (posted a few weeks ago). About 7 minutes in, they show a model room! Just wanted to share for anyone else staying soon 😊

I think we’re booking our stay for the end of November in the next couple days! We (wife and I and our boys who will be 4 and 1 when we travel) were originally planning to head to Disney World, and this will be the boys first time at either, but decided to head to LA/DL instead as we have family and friends (I used to live out there) we’d love to visit and figure DL is more manageable for the first trip with the kiddos. We were planning to book the Grand Californian but decided on the new villa tower given it’s brand new and our oldest loved the splash pad/pool situation when we showed him! Can’t wait!

I think we’re booking our stay for the end of November in the next couple days! We (wife and I and our boys who will be 4 and 1 when we travel) were originally planning to head to Disney World, and this will be the boys first time at either, but decided to head to LA/DL instead as we have family and friends (I used to live out there) we’d love to visit and figure DL is more manageable for the first trip with the kiddos. We were planning to book the Grand Californian but decided on the new villa tower given it’s brand new and our oldest loved the splash pad/pool situation when we showed him! Can’t wait!
The splash pad concept art is absolutely adorable! I hope you have a fantastic trip. Sounds like we may be there around the same time!

I’m happy to hear that Steakhouse 55 might be reopening. Just a rumor for now though, as far as I know.
Anyone hear any new news on Steakhouse 55 reopening? I think it would be a huge disservice to not reopen it, or open a new dining establishment soon, considering the influx of guests they will receive at the end of September with the new DVC tower.

I’ve heard they have some boarding up in the area closing it off and something very vague about the space, but that’s it. I’d love to see it return. They really need another space with the new tower opening.

I have an oddly specific question about oversized vehicle parking for guests at the Disneyland Hotel. My husband and I plan to drive an RV and we'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I understand that oversized vehicles for hotel guests should park at the Toy Story Lot. On our departure/hotel check-out date, he wants to hit the road at 5AM - are we able to gain access to the Toy Story Lot at 4AM or 5AM to retrieve our vehicle? Isn't the lot locked and gated overnight? I'm worried that we won't be able to get the RV out.

Also, when we check-in, should we expect the following process?

1) Arrive at DLH, check in with gate kiosk CM (similar to GCH), then pull up nearby curb and ask for help with luggage via Bell Services. Store luggage at hotel until room is ready. Go to front desk to let them know we're there, ask for a text once the room is ready, and ask them for a self-parking permit or room key, even if room isn't ready yet?

2) After unloading luggage/checking in, drive over to Toy Story Lot. Show them our parking permit (or a room key?), park in oversized vehicle area. Does anyone know if we can pull into a space (no reversing/backing up)?

I get worried about all the details and making sure things go smoothly. Also, I submitted a related question on the Disneyland website over a week ago but nobody replied to me. What is the best way to ask questions to Disneyland CM's about the hotel or parking, maybe the app? Or call a general number and speak to someone? I'm wondering if there's a way to speak to the DLH front desk CM's.

I have an oddly specific question about oversized vehicle parking for guests at the Disneyland Hotel. My husband and I plan to drive an RV and we'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I understand that oversized vehicles for hotel guests should park at the Toy Story Lot...
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/
Seems like Hotel Parking can accept Oversized Vehicles.
You should try to call the hotel directly to verify

I have no experience with oversized vehicles, but DLH does have ground level parking lots (not part of a multi-level structure). It would be very inconvenient to park at Toy Story

I have an oddly specific question about oversized vehicle parking for guests at the Disneyland Hotel. My husband and I plan to drive an RV and we'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I understand that oversized vehicles for hotel guests should park at the Toy Story Lot. On our departure/hotel check-out date, he wants to hit the road at 5AM - are we able to gain access to the Toy Story Lot at 4AM or 5AM to retrieve our vehicle? Isn't the lot locked and gated overnight? I'm worried that we won't be able to get the RV out.

Also, when we check-in, should we expect the following process?

1) Arrive at DLH, check in with gate kiosk CM (similar to GCH), then pull up nearby curb and ask for help with luggage via Bell Services. Store luggage at hotel until room is ready. Go to front desk to let them know we're there, ask for a text once the room is ready, and ask them for a self-parking permit or room key, even if room isn't ready yet?

2) After unloading luggage/checking in, drive over to Toy Story Lot. Show them our parking permit (or a room key?), park in oversized vehicle area. Does anyone know if we can pull into a space (no reversing/backing up)?

I get worried about all the details and making sure things go smoothly. Also, I submitted a related question on the Disneyland website over a week ago but nobody replied to me. What is the best way to ask questions to Disneyland CM's about the hotel or parking, maybe the app? Or call a general number and speak to someone? I'm wondering if there's a way to speak to the DLH front desk CM's.
I agree with the previous poster that you should definitely call. I cannot imagine they would make a guest of the Disneyland Hotel park in the Toy Story lot.

For what it’s worth, there is a flat self park lot at the Disneyland Hotel. There are no dedicated oversized/RV spaces, but I have seen RVs parked there toward the back of the lot.

If, for some reason, the Disneyland Hotel self parking lot could not accommodate any more oversized vehicles, I have to believe that they’d have an alternative available or at the worst, allow you to park at the nearby Simba lot.

Parking at the Toy Story lot for the Disneyland hotel is pretty much as far away as you can go, and would require you to walk the length of Downtown Disney, pretty much the longest walk possible to the Disneyland Hotel. I can’t imagine they’d make you do that.

I agree with the previous poster that you should definitely call. I cannot imagine they would make a guest of the Disneyland Hotel park in the Toy Story lot.

For what it’s worth, there is a flat self park lot at the Disneyland Hotel. There are no dedicated oversized/RV spaces, but I have seen RVs parked there toward the back of the lot.

If, for some reason, the Disneyland Hotel self parking lot could not accommodate any more oversized vehicles, I have to believe that they’d have an alternative available or at the worst, allow you to park at the nearby Simba lot.

Parking at the Toy Story lot for the Disneyland hotel is pretty much as far away as you can go, and would require you to walk the length of Downtown Disney, pretty much the longest walk possible to the Disneyland Hotel. I can’t imagine they’d make you do that.
Thank you to both posters! Honestly, I didn't think it was weird when I saw online that oversized vehicles park at Toy Story Lot, and it would be a lot more convenient if we can just park at the Disneyland Hotel self-parking lot. I will try to call them since nobody replied to my question via the Disneyland website, and I will let ya'll know what I learn in case someone w/a similar situation reads this thread in the future.

Does anyone know what floors the 1 bedroom family suites are usually on? I’m hoping for the Frontier tower- they put in the request but I know it’s not guaranteed.

Also probably silly question….

What tower/level is the Club level on? I also put on that I was hoping to possibly at the club level but I know that even if we do, but I’m not sure sure if they would put us on that level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter