The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Is it more expensive to book it as a CL room because it is guaranteed, as opposed to adding it on, which is subject to availability? I guess the room location could be different, as pre-booked CL rooms tend to be on the floors/building near the club, versus just any room? We did CL on a suite at GCH, but for those, you can only add it on at check in (as I recall).

It’s cheaper to add it on but you are correct, it’s subject to availability. There have been times when we’ve had to book a regular room because the CL rooms were sold out, and we were unable to add it on at check-in. In fact, we’ve only been able to add it on one time that I can remember when staying in a regular room. I suspect that if not many people staying in suites opt for CL, there is more availability for people with regular rooms to add on CL. And they can also place you in any room which means you could be put in a different tower than the lounge.

It's been a loooooong time since staying on property, and I've never stayed at the DLH, always the Grand. I was tempted to book the Grand to see the re-theme in person, plus it's nostalgic memories/tradition.
We had CL and it was magical and a wonderful experience.
Now I'm debating if I should splurge for CL for the DLH. The price point is distinct (imo); a whole $250 up charge. Plus this will be a 2 day/1 night (possibly...) trip. It's tempting.
My question is for parking: If it's priced per night, if we park a.m. do we have to move the car by the same time, the next day, to avoid paying for 2 days?

And they can also place you in any room which means you could be put in a different tower than the lounge.
This happened to us once. We had a 2 bedroom family suite, which you can't book as a club room. I called ahead of time to request club, and I did get it, but we were in Frontier tower. It was so inconvenient. Normally when we book a club room ahead of time we're in Adventure tower, so it's no problem at all to pop in and out of the lounge.

Seeing reports that Steakhouse 55 is officially going to become a “flexible lounge space.” Not really sure what that is, but it’s disappointing that it’s not going to be a restaurant.

I can’t recall, have they announced whether there is a new restaurant in the DVC tower? Or is Disneyland Hotel just not going to have a full table service restaurant anymore?

It's been a loooooong time since staying on property, and I've never stayed at the DLH, always the Grand. I was tempted to book the Grand to see the re-theme in person, plus it's nostalgic memories/tradition.
We had CL and it was magical and a wonderful experience.
Now I'm debating if I should splurge for CL for the DLH. The price point is distinct (imo); a whole $250 up charge. Plus this will be a 2 day/1 night (possibly...) trip. It's tempting.
My question is for parking: If it's priced per night, if we park a.m. do we have to move the car by the same time, the next day, to avoid paying for 2 days?
Parking is per night as we have parked arriving at 5 am and leaving at like 10am on check out and only charged per night.

This happened to us once. We had a 2 bedroom family suite, which you can't book as a club room. I called ahead of time to request club, and I did get it, but we were in Frontier tower. It was so inconvenient. Normally when we book a club room ahead of time we're in Adventure tower, so it's no problem at all to pop in and out of the lounge.
I think I have asked you this before :p but in your 2 bedroom family suite what your bedding configuration? It is just the 4 of us & I had requested at least 1 king, Frontier tower, adding club level & balcony... I know nothing is promised! When I made the reservation it was very different than the other ones I had spoken. He was very nice but when I started asking him if I could put in the notes about the King bed. He was like, 'Oh you will be in a 2 king bed set up because of your size of your party that is what I am putting you down as'

I am super excited for the DLH & know it is the best option. I know I really played around with splitting between the GCH but I could only justify the 1 bedroom just doing 1 room or possibly adjoining ones. I just think it might feel cramped going from 2 bedroom family suite down to 1 bedroom -- probably over thinking it all! The 1-2 bedrooms at DLH just look like suites and roomy. We are planning to come back in the late Spring/early Summer for a few days so we could always try it then also.

I think I have asked you this before :p but in your 2 bedroom family suite what your bedding configuration? It is just the 4 of us & I had requested at least 1 king, Frontier tower, adding club level & balcony... I know nothing is promised! When I made the reservation it was very different than the other ones I had spoken. He was very nice but when I started asking him if I could put in the notes about the King bed. He was like, 'Oh you will be in a 2 king bed set up because of your size of your party that is what I am putting you down as'

I am super excited for the DLH & know it is the best option. I know I really played around with splitting between the GCH but I could only justify the 1 bedroom just doing 1 room or possibly adjoining ones. I just think it might feel cramped going from 2 bedroom family suite down to 1 bedroom -- probably over thinking it all! The 1-2 bedrooms at DLH just look like suites and roomy. We are planning to come back in the late Spring/early Summer for a few days so we could always try it then also.
I'm not sure if they're all the same, but we had 2 bedrooms with 1 king bed each, a kitchenette and a living room with a sofa bed. The suite was HUGE. We also had 2 balconies and 3 bathrooms. We were in Frontier and had club level.

Have a great trip!

Did you hear anything about the slides?
No, I didn't even think to ask about the pool/slides - should have while I had her on the phone! On one of the Disney planning FB sites, I saw that someone said the slides were closed right now. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but remember reading it yesterday or the day before.

Is breakfast in the E-ticket club level lounge still starting at 7am? with coffee at 6:30am?
Trying to decide what to do for breakfast when we take advantage of early entry.

Has anyone waited until 7 to grab something to go before EE? Were you still able to get a lot done that first 30 minutes?

We will be there over Labor Day weekend, so I assume it will be pretty crowded. :)

Is breakfast in the E-ticket club level lounge still starting at 7am? with coffee at 6:30am?
Trying to decide what to do for breakfast when we take advantage of early entry.

Has anyone waited until 7 to grab something to go before EE? Were you still able to get a lot done that first 30 minutes?

We will be there over Labor Day weekend, so I assume it will be pretty crowded. :)
When we were there, they opened at 6:30am with everything set up and out. I'm hoping that hasn't changed. We would just grab stuff right at 6:30am and go down to security, eating while we were waiting in line (ie: salmon bagel, filling a disposable cup with chia pudding and berries, getting another cup and putting a couple pieces of fruit in it). This worked really well for us. You'll get people saying if you want to hit early entry or go to the parks, don't book Club Level but I think you can do both and get to experience both just fine.

Just be sure to be at CL right at 6:30am so that you are not too delayed getting down to the security line. If you end up in the back of the security line/when they send in the Harbor side security, you will most likely not make it in with enough time to take full advantage of EE.

If they bumped the food back to 7am, that is another story though. You would have to decide whether to go to EE or get breakfast from CL, which is a bummer since you wouldn't be able to do both and still take full advantage of EE. I wish they had things out even earlier, like 5:30am or 6:00am for early risers. That would make things much more relaxed in the mornings!

Curious, does club level still include nightly turn-down service with a chocolate on the pillow? Last time I did it with the family at DLH was over 10 years ago! They had it then. Recently I found out that club level at WDW AKL does not include turn-down service, just the club lounge for snacks, food, and drinks.

Curious, does club level still include nightly turn-down service with a chocolate on the pillow? Last time I did it with the family at DLH was over 10 years ago! They had it then. Recently I found out that club level at WDW AKL does not include turn-down service, just the club lounge for snacks, food, and drinks.
We were there earlier this week and they did turn down the bed and left a Disney chocolate bar. We stayed at club level a few months back and they didn’t turn down our bed.

When we were there, they opened at 6:30am with everything set up and out. I'm hoping that hasn't changed. We would just grab stuff right at 6:30am and go down to security, eating while we were waiting in line (ie: salmon bagel, filling a disposable cup with chia pudding and berries, getting another cup and putting a couple pieces of fruit in it). This worked really well for us. You'll get people saying if you want to hit early entry or go to the parks, don't book Club Level but I think you can do both and get to experience both just fine.

Just be sure to be at CL right at 6:30am so that you are not too delayed getting down to the security line. If you end up in the back of the security line/when they send in the Harbor side security, you will most likely not make it in with enough time to take full advantage of EE.

If they bumped the food back to 7am, that is another story though. You would have to decide whether to go to EE or get breakfast from CL, which is a bummer since you wouldn't be able to do both and still take full advantage of EE. I wish they had things out even earlier, like 5:30am or 6:00am for early risers. That would make things much more relaxed in the mornings!
Thank you! I will report back after our trip what time breakfast foods were set out while we were there.

Holy moly hotel rates for all Disneyland hotels are up drastically this year! I was hoping to stay in the DL hotel after staying at the grand every year for the last few year and these prices are outrageous. I’m looking for November or December and the cheapest rate for the Disneyland hotel is $650 a night! That’s what the grand was last year. And who in their right mind would spend $550 at the paradise pier in those ancient looking rooms!? It was $350 last year!

Holy moly hotel rates for all Disneyland hotels are up drastically this year! I was hoping to stay in the DL hotel after staying at the grand every year for the last few year and these prices are outrageous. I’m looking for November or December and the cheapest rate for the Disneyland hotel is $650 a night! That’s what the grand was last year. And who in their right mind would spend $550 at the paradise pier in those ancient looking rooms!? It was $350 last year!
They will most likely be pushing out a discount for October-December in late September. That will help bring the cost down, but agree - the costs are pretty steep.

Just returned from a short weekend trip staying at DLH. The slides were closed with construction fences all around them. We took a break from 6-7:30pm Saturday and utilized the hot tub in the area past the slides..it was a huge hot tub and not many people using it. What a great break-- didn't mind it wasn't sunny and hot for swimming and our feet needed the break. I highly recommend! The pool attendants were extremely kind at the entrance. Security at 7 am on a Saturday was quiet and quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter