The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Ok...shocked at that amazing rate and wondering how you got it? Was it one of the annual sales?
I can't remember! I booked it pretty early thinking the rate was only going to go up and if they later had a great sale, I would switch then.

I keep checking daily for a winter discount for December lol. No way in heck am I paying $650 a night for the DL hotel. It’s sad because I remember the rack rate up until 2021/2022 was around $350-$400.

I have been doing a Disneyland trip yearly and do the grand Californian. This year I see rack rates are around $750. They’re pricing out a lot of people and it puzzles me that they’re not trying to be more competitive with the surrounding hotels.

For the last 10 years it’s basically been PP - $300, DL hotel - $350-$400, and Grand was $500. This year they really increased the rack rates a lot and it’s looking like December will be the first time I’m staying off property in over ten years. Even the paradise pier in December for a basic room is $550. The rooms aren’t even renovated and are the same from 2010!

There has traditionally been a discount that comes out around this time, so keep your eyes open. It's generally 20% I think. I've done that every year (outside of covid years) until this one. I went ahead and booked back in early spring so I'm paying $438/night for GCH Woods/Ctyd. I would normally book a standard room (I don't care about the view) but the Woods/Ctyd was cheaper so either there was a promo that didn't include standard and thus made Woods cheaper or the standard rooms at that rate were sold out.

I have been waiting on the Disney Visa/DLR late fall rate but there hasn't been one so far. I was going to rebook if it was cheaper but it doesn't look like it would be cheaper than what I have even if they do offer one.

Ok...shocked at that amazing rate and wondering how you got it? Was it one of the annual sales?
Ok this: http://m.mail.disneydestinations.co...2Qj7dxFLuR1oQLE=&CMP=EMC-1842742346|375437833 may not be exactly what you were looking for, but good deal for those with Magic Key and looking to go in Sept. 25% off for sun-thu!

For those that are interested, they will be live streaming the official opening of the Villas at Disneyland Hotel this morning at 10:30am PST. More info here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneylandc...nd-opening-of-new-villas-at-disneyland-hotel/

Link to YouTube of live stream:

I have a Zoom meeting during this time, but it's one of those webinar types where all you see is a sea of black squares and one or two speakers off camera. Needless to say, I will be attempting to multitask 🤣

ETA: looks like this is the actual link

https://events.twdcstreaming.com/client/player/a85e3edc-68e9-4a29-9bae-57194559a578

Last edited:
Sorry. I haven’t been since pre-Covid. Is early entry to either park for the rest of this year? We are going December 23 through Jan 1st but last day in the park will be New Years Eve.

Hello. Does anyone know if the DLH hat is completed? Is Tinkerbell on the hat?
This video has a clear view of the DLH hat post-renovation (around the 0:45 mark). Looks like nothing's changed beyond a paint job and updated colors:

Advice needed.

We’ve never been to Disneyland. Yesterday DH surprised me with a trip this month for my birthday! Awesome :goodvibes

It’s a 4 day visit over Halloween (4 day hopper with Genie+, staying at DL Hotel). Should be enough time to explore all but I really know nothing about DL (unlike WDW). I avoided paying close attention because it always felt like a pipe dream. Generally we know about DL rides. We know very little about shows, parades and stuff like that. Pretty much clueless on logistics and food options.

What’s your favorite DL planning resource? Any that stay up to date on seasonal changes?

It’s exciting to be a newbie. Might never make it back so maybe best not be unprepared? I noticed Guardians changes to a monster theme later in the day. What are some important details and points of interest first-timers might miss?

Thanks for any and all help. Much appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter