The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Does anyone know if they sell a case of water bottles in the sundries store? Or is my best bet just doing a small instacart order? We don't really need anything but water.

Thanks,

Does anyone know if they sell a case of water bottles in the sundries store? Or is my best bet just doing a small instacart order? We don't really need anything but water.

Thanks,
I can swing by and look in a few when I go grab my bags… I’m leaning towards not… Or rather they’ll sell you as many as you want, but probably at the standard $3.50/bottle or whatever overpriced amount Disney charges.

They have large 1 liter bottles for about ~$4.80 and the standard ~600 mL (normal soda sized bottles for about ) $4.40. No cases.

Can anyone give me an update on what the shampoo situation is lately? Is it the H2O product in the tubes still?
I’ll check when I get back late tonight. I believe they’re the same products they were using two or three years ago, but in the dispensers attached to the bathtub wall. (I think single use have been banned in CA). That said, you MIGHT be able to request some, I noticed some body lotion and conditioner in single use tubes…

The PP entrance is kind of like a special EE entrance for DLR guests since you can only access it if you are a DLR guest. Same with the monorail entrance before the park is open. They will only let DLR guests through from 7:30-8am. But that entrance is kind of a waste of EE. I wish they would bring back the EE entrances at the main gates, though.
Any suggestions how to actually get in the park and enjoy EE? I envision showing up to massive lines and making it in 5 mins early if we’re lucky 😬

Anyone know the scent Disney pumps into the lobby/common areas of the DLH? What about the GCH?
I read somewhere in the VDH thread that the scent is called “Magic”. Don’t know if the post was meant to be clever in a Disneyana sort of way, but it smells that way to me! 😉

Can anyone give me an update on what the shampoo situation is lately? Is it the H2O product in the tubes still?
So the stuff in the shower is unbranded (just “Disneyland”) but they do still have single use tubes of H2O for body lotion and conditioner as well as facial soap… so I’m going to guess all of it is actually H2O stuff, just some in bulk dispensers.

So the stuff in the shower is unbranded (just “Disneyland”) but they do still have single use tubes of H2O for body lotion and conditioner as well as facial soap… so I’m going to guess all of it is actually H2O stuff, just some in bulk dispensers.
I read that as soon as their current supply is used up, they will be switching to a new brand since H2O is defunct.

I read that as soon as their current supply is used up, they will be switching to a new brand since H2O is defunct.
Interesting, well they still have single use H2O tubes for conditioner and body lotion, and the body wash in the shower smells very strong of salt… reminds me of what it was like during 2021 and maybe even prior to that. The shampoo seems the same too… green stuff, lol

Interesting, well they still have single use H2O tubes for conditioner and body lotion, and the body wash in the shower smells very strong of salt… reminds me of what it was like during 2021 and maybe even prior to that. The shampoo seems the same too… green stuff, lol
Yes, that's what I've heard as well. I'm pretty sure it's all H2O as of now, but whenever the supply disappears, we'll be seeing something new. I hope it's similar! I love the smell of H2O. It always makes me think of GCH.

I remember when I got really upset when they discontinued the little bottles with Mickey head tops. I think I still have one.mickey lotion bottle.jpg

Any suggestions how to actually get in the park and enjoy EE? I envision showing up to massive lines and making it in 5 mins early if we’re lucky 😬
We just returned 3 weeks ago. We got in line at the DTD entrance by the DLH every morning between 6:45 and 6:55. Once the security opens at 7:00 the line moves VERY quickly. We were always at the park gates by 7:20 and into the parks before the 7:30 opening.

Thanks,
Couple options. CVS, 7/11, and Walgreens are close by if you have a car. A case is usually around $5. We usually swing by on our way in. Or instacart.

I recall someone asking fairly recently if the Disneyland Hotel had EV chargers. They have approximately 20 that are managed by ChargePoint. 0.35/kWh and on my recent stays at least three to four were available each time I went to my car and sometimes upwards of 50-75% of them were open. I believe they’re marked correctly (right color paint and signage) to allow for a ticket to be enforced if it’s a non-EV, but I’m only really familiar with WA state laws, do some research first.

They also had three or four disabled parking chargers that have been completely empty my whole trip.

(My stay included 10/08/23-10/11/23 and 10/13/23-10/15/23) I believe DLH was fully booked, but not sure about the Villas.

25FF63D9-A927-4480-9071-349D3BD0C36B.jpeg

DDCBE983-5C4C-46F3-9E90-DE4D3845C929.jpeg

1E762823-D488-459A-BE8A-73C75C6618A7.jpeg

The Simba lot also has about 50 chargers (ChargePoint) but they were VERY busy on Fri 10/06/23 when I was in that lot, I think I snagged the last one at approximately 1:30pm and I noticed at least two combustion vehicles parked in charger spots.

Paradise Pier also has 4-8 if I recall from a prior visit a couple years ago, but those also would be shared with Grand Californian self park guests. I doubt they’ll do any parking structure updates based on what work I’ve seen going on now to revamp the hotel.

The Simba lot also has about 50 chargers (ChargePoint) but they were VERY busy on Fri 10/06/23 when I was in that lot, I think I snagged the last one at approximately 1:30pm and I noticed at least two combustion vehicles parked in charger spots.

Paradise Pier also has 4-8 if I recall from a prior visit a couple years ago, but those also would be shared with Grand Californian self park guests. I doubt they’ll do any parking structure updates based on what work I’ve seen going on now to revamp the hotel.
Pixar Pier Hotel now...lol. It is two charger stands with 4 charger cables, also ChargePoint. I was last there the weekend of 10/7-10/8. Vacant between 1-2pm. I charged till 6 or 7 pm and there was no vacancy till we moved.

Products in the PPH showers last weekend were the big bottles, but they were branded H2O and were definitely the same products as they used to have in the small bottles. Lotion was still the H2O in the single use tube. Bar soaps were also H2O.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter