The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

As a parent with 3 kids, it seems a little bit off to me to claim kids you don't have so you get more beds. I mean, I get it, I really do, but just consider that there really are families of 5 out there who might need the space more than you do.
Well... It seems off to ME that Disney doesn't just make "5th sleeper" a bookable room category at all their hotels (like they do at POR for instance). We want to stay at the Disneyland hotel or Grand Californian, and I don't think it's reasonable to book months ahead and pay their steep rates and then two unwilling people are forced to share a bed.

I *think* their online booking system does keep track, based on the fact that I've tried to book for 5 and got no availability, but same dates for 4 were available.

The families who have 5 actual people have the same opportunity as I do to book that room in a timely fashion. If the hotel is full, there are plenty of other options around.

I'd definitely feel differently if we were talking about a room at an emergency shelter as opposed to a luxury resort...

Lol. Your comment has really got me thinking about the ethical implications of my phantom toddler!

Well... It seems off to ME that Disney doesn't just make "5th sleeper" a bookable room category at all their hotels (like they do at POR for instance). We want to stay at the Disneyland hotel or Grand Californian, and I don't think it's reasonable to book months ahead and pay their steep rates and then two unwilling people are forced to share a bed.

I *think* their online booking system does keep track, based on the fact that I've tried to book for 5 and got no availability, but same dates for 4 were available.

The families who have 5 actual people have the same opportunity as I do to book that room in a timely fashion. If the hotel is full, there are plenty of other options around.

I'd definitely feel differently if we were talking about a room at an emergency shelter as opposed to a luxury resort...

Lol. Your comment has really got me thinking about the ethical implications of my phantom toddler!
I'm not actually sure how I feel, TBH. I've claimed 3 on a reservation so I don't have to share a bed with my sister (we want 2 Queens, not 1 King), so it's not like I'm innocent ha ha. My girls are all in their 20s now so it's not something I have to worry about anymore. I was just thinking about a few times when we stayed at GCH, booked early, but didn't get enough beds for 5. At that time, they used to give you a pad and a sleeping bag! The funny thing was that the youngest 2 (twins) both wanted sleeping bags so we had them send up another mat & bag. They thought that was fabulous and far preferred it to the bunk beds. Kids!

I could not agree more!!! I can book specific bedding at my regular Hyatt Place or Hampton Inn, but at GCH, I pay over $1000/night to get whatever bedding they give us. I complain about this on every survey after every trip (clearly it is not resonating with them since they haven’t changed it and the hotels remain largely fully booked). We have two teens, but we always want the King with the pull out bed and the fold out chair (so DH and I can have a king, and my girls can each sleep apart from the other!). This is a very uncommon room at GCH, so we only get it about 30% of the time (but strangely they usually give us the 2Q with the pull out bed even though we are only 4 people and book it as such).

I'm not actually sure how I feel, TBH. I've claimed 3 on a reservation so I don't have to share a bed with my sister (we want 2 Queens, not 1 King), so it's not like I'm innocent ha ha. My girls are all in their 20s now so it's not something I have to worry about anymore. I was just thinking about a few times when we stayed at GCH, booked early, but didn't get enough beds for 5. At that time, they used to give you a pad and a sleeping bag! The funny thing was that the youngest 2 (twins) both wanted sleeping bags so we had them send up another mat & bag. They thought that was fabulous and far preferred it to the bunk beds. Kids!
DLH doesn't have king rooms with sofa sleepers or whatever?

I just dodged a potentially very uncomfortable situation when I checked in and they were going to put me in a King room when I had it booked for a party of 2 with different last names... it was myself and a friend I've known for about 25 years... who recently got married. I know it would have been uncomfortable to share a bed period, but especially wouldn't have gone over well since she was now married.

I really wish you could just book a king room, two queen rooms, etc. Disney could even create additional profit (though I would HATE if they changed the price of a 2 queen to be more than a king or something during demand times when they know a lot of big families or friends visit or something).

Every other hotel I book lets me select a king or two queens or two doubles or something, and usually are a few hundred bucks a night less than Disney.

DLH doesn't have king rooms with sofa sleepers or whatever?

I just dodged a potentially very uncomfortable situation when I checked in and they were going to put me in a King room when I had it booked for a party of 2 with different last names... it was myself and a friend I've known for about 25 years... who recently got married. I know it would have been uncomfortable to share a bed period, but especially wouldn't have gone over well since she was now married.

I really wish you could just book a king room, two queen rooms, etc. Disney could even create additional profit (though I would HATE if they changed the price of a 2 queen to be more than a king or something during demand times when they know a lot of big families or friends visit or something).

Every other hotel I book lets me select a king or two queens or two doubles or something, and usually are a few hundred bucks a night less than Disney.
What’s even more annoying is that Disney allows you to select king or queens at some of their other resorts already (AKL and Coronado are examples).

This is why my Mom and I canceled our stay at the DLH and went with a VDH room instead; to guarantee two beds. I REALLY wanted the light up headboard (LOL) but had to give it up to ensure we each got our own sleeping surface.

This is why my Mom and I canceled our stay at the DLH and went with a VDH room instead; to guarantee two beds. I REALLY wanted the light up headboard (LOL) but had to give it up to ensure we each got our own sleeping surface.
It just wouldn't be hard for Disney to do this. I don't know why they set themselves and guests up for probably stressful and heated moments. I suspect they get a decent amount of people visiting the front desk to changes rooms or upon check in to try and verify the bed type and switch before going up to their room. That slows down check in for everyone because people aren't able to utilize mobile check in as much. When it's a busy period and they can't switch someone that probably turns into very upset guests complaining they spent how many thousands of dollars and can't get two beds, etc.

Just let people pick the room type! Come on Disney...

Does anyone have a menu or link to a menu for the lounge at Steakhouse 55 (well, formally known as S55, not sure if they still call it that)? It's strange that it's not listed on the app. Is it even open still?

Does anyone have a menu or link to a menu for the lounge at Steakhouse 55 (well, formally known as S55, not sure if they still call it that)? It's strange that it's not listed on the app. Is it even open still?
We were there this past thursday through yesterday and I don't remember seeing this place. Any idea where it is located at the hotel? We were all over, at goofys, the coffee shop, even went over to check out the DVC tower and I never saw this lounge.

We were there this past thursday through yesterday and I don't remember seeing this place. Any idea where it is located at the hotel? We were all over, at goofys, the coffee shop, even went over to check out the DVC tower and I never saw this lounge.
It's actually a small seating area and bar next to Goofy's. If you ever went to the previous Steakhouse 55, this is their old lounge area.

I believe it is only active in the evening (I think I read it opens at 5pm), so if you went to Goofy's early, it may have just looked like an unused space.

It's actually a small seating area and bar next to Goofy's. If you ever went to the previous Steakhouse 55, this is their old lounge area.

I believe it is only active in the evening (I think I read it opens at 5pm), so if you went to Goofy's early, it may have just looked like an unused space.
Ah ok. I did see a space next to goofy's that was curtained off so that must have been it.

So I know this was asked in October but can anyone who has been there recently confirm that they are still using H2O in the rooms? We have some major skin sensitivities and we were ok with the H2O stuff but if it’s changed to something new, I will have to pack our own and really trying to save space!

So I know this was asked in October but can anyone who has been there recently confirm that they are still using H2O in the rooms? We have some major skin sensitivities and we were ok with the H2O stuff but if it’s changed to something new, I will have to pack our own and really trying to save space!
I was just there last week and can confirm that they are NOT using H2O in the shower. I can't remember the brand but it was def not H2O. There was an H2O lotion in our bathroom but that was it.

Disney just announced that they bought the formula for H2O and plan to continue making it/using it. It may not say H2O on stuff, but it might be. However, if a different company is making it, even if it's the same formula, then it could cause different skin sensitivities. I have issues with the same product from the same company just slightly changing over the years, even though the ingredients didn't look any different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter