The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I was trying to find out information on Concierge in the E ticket Lounge. I have not stayed that level before and not sure what all they do.

If there is a post about this can someone direct me that way.

Thanks

Called and was told I can't have a king bed if we have an 2 adults and infant in the room? We have a travel crib so 2 queens just makes no sense for us. Any advice for this? Infant is already on the reservation.

Called and was told I can't have a king bed if we have an 2 adults and infant in the room? We have a travel crib so 2 queens just makes no sense for us. Any advice for this? Infant is already on the reservation.
I just stayed in a king room and honestly, there is not a lot of extra space. You might be more comfortable in a double queen, even if you’re not using that other bed. My sister was in a double queen and that room was much more spacious.

Oh this is super interesting. Makes me feel better. Thanks!
I wanted to confirm what the PP said. We no longer ask for king beds at DLH after getting stuck with a crackerjack box of a room. I had specifically asked for a king and we waited til about 4pm for the room ready text. Once we got to the room we were a bit shocked, but were tired, so didn't feel like asking for another one.

In the pic below, there wasn't much more room in the main bedroom area than what you see. Just enough room for the dresser with TV and a sitting chair. The rest of the room was a narrow hallway and the bathroom. This was the Adventure Tower at the end of the hallway. I think the 5th floor.

It was a short trip though, and we did have views of the fireworks. But it was pretty cozy even for just the two of us!

Attachments

• IMG_20181121_163558.jpg
    IMG_20181121_163558.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 28
I wanted to confirm what the PP said. We no longer ask for king beds at DLH after getting stuck with a crackerjack box of a room. I had specifically asked for a king and we waited til about 4pm for the room ready text. Once we got to the room we were a bit shocked, but were tired, so didn't feel like asking for another one.

In the pic below, there wasn't much more room in the main bedroom area than what you see. Just enough room for the dresser with TV and a sitting chair. The rest of the room was a narrow hallway and the bathroom. This was the Adventure Tower at the end of the hallway. I think the 5th floor.

It was a short trip though, and we did have views of the fireworks. But it was pretty cozy even for just the two of us!
Ohh that does look much smaller than the 2 queen I have stayed in way back in the days. Thanks so much!

Ohhhhh I got a room like that once with my sister. We took one look and said, "Nope!" and they moved us. It was in the Fantasy Tower at the very end of a hall. I think it may have been next to the stairwell. Talk about claustrophobic!

However, I don't think all king rooms have that configuration. I suspect those rooms are in specific little spots that have something next to them that takes up the space a regular room would have had.

I'm hoping to ask about tipping Bell Services. My husband and I aren't used to fancy hotels that offer this service!

Should we tip TWICE- ie. once when someone loads up the luggage cart from our car and takes it into storage (We will arrive earlier, the room probably won't be ready then), and then once when someone delivers the luggage to our room? How much do you recommend for a tip?

We travel somewhat lightly. There are only 2 of us. My husband brings a carry-on size suitcase, and I bring a larger wheeled Samsonite suitcase (ie. the type you check in for a flight). We also bring some snacks, bottled water, pillows. But we're not a big family with lots of kids, kids stuff, etc! Thanks!

I feel a bit overwhelmed going to Disneyland for the first time. I have found some non Disney hotel options that would work, but curious if any Disney brand hotels would work. We have two girls, one is a teen, the other 9. They really can't share a bed, the younger one will keep the older one awake. Can you get a rollaway bed or do any have a sofa that turns into a bed?? Bunk beds would work too, but ideally, just separate is better.

Ohhhhh I got a room like that once with my sister. We took one look and said, "Nope!" and they moved us. It was in the Fantasy Tower at the very end of a hall. I think it may have been next to the stairwell. Talk about claustrophobic!

However, I don't think all king rooms have that configuration. I suspect those rooms are in specific little spots that have something next to them that takes up the space a regular room would have had.

You’re right, not all the kings have that configuration. We got lucky once and they gave us the King room that can be used as part of a suite. That King room was bigger, so there are a few in existence.

I'm hoping to ask about tipping Bell Services. My husband and I aren't used to fancy hotels that offer this service!

Should we tip TWICE- ie. once when someone loads up the luggage cart from our car and takes it into storage (We will arrive earlier, the room probably won't be ready then), and then once when someone delivers the luggage to our room? How much do you recommend for a tip?

We travel somewhat lightly. There are only 2 of us. My husband brings a carry-on size suitcase, and I bring a larger wheeled Samsonite suitcase (ie. the type you check in for a flight). We also bring some snacks, bottled water, pillows. But we're not a big family with lots of kids, kids stuff, etc! Thanks!

I always tip on both occasions, but I know some only tip when the luggage is brought up. I don’t think you will get mean looks for not tipping at the car, but definitely when the bring the luggage to the room. I do $1-2 per item, with $5 minimum, but I’m generally a heavy tipper.

I always tip on both occasions, but I know some only tip when the luggage is brought up. I don’t think you will get mean looks for not tipping at the car, but definitely when the bring the luggage to the room. I do $1-2 per item, with $5 minimum, but I’m generally a heavy tipper.
We do the same either 5 or 10 at the car, and 10 to 20 at the room, depending on the number of bags. I always load up at the bank with 5, tens and 20s prior to the trip for tipping.

Bell services is great. Most of them are very very friendly and talkative.

We do tip both times because it may not be the same person helping us with our bags. Plus, it is usually the kids, husband and I, oh a couple cases of water.

I feel a bit overwhelmed going to Disneyland for the first time. I have found some non Disney hotel options that would work, but curious if any Disney brand hotels would work. We have two girls, one is a teen, the other 9. They really can't share a bed, the younger one will keep the older one awake. Can you get a rollaway bed or do any have a sofa that turns into a bed?? Bunk beds would work too, but ideally, just separate is better.
For our recent spring break trip we added my sister to our group of four (2 adults and 2 teens) and when I called about adding the 5th person was told that rollaways are no longer an option. We had a 2 queen with a sleeper sofa in the Frontier tower. It was a big room with good space. Only downside was the sink, toilet and shower were all one room so it made getting ready in the AM tough. That and some minor wear and tear in the room.

I can’t speak as to whether there are sleeper sofas in other towers. The GCH also has sleeper sofas and sleeper chairs.

What a joke.

Delay is due to rain....right....
I was thinking the same and wondering why on earth they are closed so often for maintenance. It seems like they are closed multiple times per year….now I would understand closing them in the colder months but during spring break seems a bit odd.

They look brand new. Nice and shiny. Depending on materials used weather can definitely impact it. Having worked with fiberglass/epoxys for years, cold weather and moisture can definitely have an impact as it's not conductive to proper curing. My observations while there last week: in the rain there was no work being done on rainy days, sunny days work being done.

If luggage is not being brought up, we tip at the car -- if someone actually got our luggage out, which is more and more of a rarity these days. If luggage is being brought up, we only tip at the room, $1-$2 per bag. We also tip on departure, one tip for the valet and a separate tip the bellman.

We do the same either 5 or 10 at the car, and 10 to 20 at the room, depending on the number of bags. I always load up at the bank with 5, tens and 20s prior to the trip for tipping.

Bell services is great. Most of them are very very friendly and talkative.
$20? You either have a lot of bags or are a very generous tipper! :)

If luggage is not being brought up, we tip at the car -- if someone actually got our luggage out, which is more and more of a rarity these days. If luggage is being brought up, we only tip at the room, $1-$2 per bag. We also tip on departure, one tip for the valet and a separate tip the bellman.

$20? You either have a lot of bags or are a very generous tipper! :)
We typically take a car service or lyft from John Wayne, so bell is unloading at the car onto the cart, smaller tip there. Then someone else typically brings to the room and unloads. That's a longer haul so bigger tip there. We usually stay 8-9 days so we do have a number of bags for us and the kids. with how far the $ goes these days I feel $5 is always the minimum.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter