The Do and Don't of Room Service

We were told to put our trays in the hall. I wouldn't recommend putting single glasses on the floor though. Someone did that and it got kicked or stepped on and there was a lot of broken glass that had to be cleaned.

This past cruise we ordered cookies one night (meh,) and breakfast several times. Since in real life I never seem to get to drink my coffee right away, I thought the room service was an amazing temperature! :D My parents also thought it was hot enough.

My only real disappointment with room service was when I ordered a croissant one day and got a chocolate one instead. I just don't like things that sweet in the morning.

I don't remember what thread it was but people were saying not to put your room service in the hall when you're done?
In my opinion, it's preferable to NOT put the trays in the passageway. Those passageways are narrow, often with service carts in them. People walking by, wheelchairs/strollers.

Just leave it in your room, and the room host will see to it's disposal.

That said, yes, people put their used room service trays in the passageway.

I agree with NOT putting the trays in the hallways for the same reasons. It also can really make the hallways smell if there is food left over. Walked by one room that had put some trays out and it had sat out in the hallway for quite a while (unfortunately)--that whole section of the hallway reeked! :crazy2:

We left our tray out when we went to the early show, and the tray was gone when we returned after dinner. We saw others left the tray out and we followed suit. Our room was very close to the forward elevator though.

While acceptable, please do not put or leave trays in the hallways. It really does create a problem for folks who have mobility issues and who are trying to maneuver down the narrow hallways. It also creates a problem for the stateroom hosts who are trying to get their heavy carts down the halls. It should not be difficult to leave a tray in the stateroom and give a call to room service to pick it up. Or just leave it there without the call. Your stateroom host will make it disappear when he/she is in the room. Disney magic.

Here's the problem letting your 14 year old order room service with friend while your at Palo.

The amount of food. And the aftermath : )

When DH was 16 and his brother 14, their parents took them on a cruise where the two of them basically stayed in the cabin and ordered room service. The ship cut them off after the third day because they ordered so much!

You can get the rice crispie mickey bars!!!! Now i am even more excited.
Please be cautious. They don't seem to always have them. Sometimes we've been able to, but other times we have not. It's been up and down for my GF mother.

I thought Rice Krispies had a little bit of gluten in them? My dad (celiac) used to eat Rice Krispies as his favourite cereal, then I think they changed it and he couldn't eat it anymore. Maybe American Rice Krispies is different than the Canadian formula?

I thought Rice Krispies had a little bit of gluten in them? My dad (celiac) used to eat Rice Krispies as his favourite cereal, then I think they changed it and he couldn't eat it anymore. Maybe American Rice Krispies is different than the Canadian formula?
No, you're correct - Rice Krispies (the Kellogg brand) are not gluten-free. For a time, they had a gluten-free version that worked just as well as regular in rice krispie treats. They were hard to find; for some reason only the Wal-Mart near me carried them (this was 2-3 years ago when I lived in Maryland). I would snag a few boxes if I ever saw them actually in stock b/c most of the time their spot was empty! Then they stopped making them. There might be some organic brand that would work as a sub, I guess, although it doesn't seem likely Disney is using some specific gf kind. DH has celiac so he wouldn't test that out by eating one.

Rice Krispies brand has malt in the cereal which contains gluten. Some places, like Starbucks, use a brand without malt and are GF. I didn't know Disney even had these so I'll have to check it out. I'm assuming they'll not be GF though.

Speaking of Gluten Free does room service make any accommodations/ or at least let you know what on the menu may be safe? I just booked our 3rd cruise but have never used room service, somewhat due to this. The dining rooms are so good with allergies they make me feel normal having a gluten allergy. Another reason I love Disney!

Rice Krispies brand has malt in the cereal which contains gluten. Some places, like Starbucks, use a brand without malt and are GF. I didn't know Disney even had these so I'll have to check it out. I'm assuming they'll not be GF though.

Speaking of Gluten Free does room service make any accommodations/ or at least let you know what on the menu may be safe? I just booked our 3rd cruise but have never used room service, somewhat due to this. The dining rooms are so good with allergies they make me feel normal having a gluten allergy. Another reason I love Disney!
It's my understanding that room service cannot guarantee any special dietary accommodations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter