The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

Correct - straight they do not lay flat, even angled a bit they dont. I wanted an easy alteration, so I angled mine as much as possible and am ok with the small bump. To get them to lay flat you have to cross them in the back I think, which requires (to me) adding buttons and button holes (or really good hooks?) which was beyond my talents or means.

Or you have to open the dress where the straps starts and adjust there.......*yikes* @FoxC63 could do it though.

I have my pixar dress straps crossed with the buttons that came with it and I don't unbutton it to put it on. All my dresses go on over my head anyway because I've got wide hips. I don't think there's any reason you couldn't permanently sew them that way if you wanted to.

Here is how I did mine. I put on the dress and tucked the halter so is sat over my shoulders where I wanted. To fix the angle I first tucked and stitched the front. *ETA: I stitched under the front flap so the stitch is hidden. Hope that makes sense. :)
View attachment 518115

Notice the slight angle? That straightened the strap. I then put it back on, lined up the straps and had DH pull tight and pin for me. Then I stitched the back.View attachment 518117

I still haven’t committed to cutting anything. LOL. You don’t notice them when tucked. :)

View attachment 518118
Awesome!! That looks great!

I ordered a Pandora charm and the Hocus Pocus dress size Small. I received shipping confirmation & tracking for the charm only which is still in transit. The HP dress arrived yesterday.

Without crinoline slip / With crinoline slip

Back in 2019 during MNSSHP, DH bought me the matching Dooney and my awesome son bought me the magicband for my birthday.

I ordered this dress when it first came out but returned it due to the fit and Disney's artistic choice of the Sanderson Sisters. Back then the bust size was too big and the waist was a little loose. Since then I've gained weight, now the waist is a little snug and the breast area is about 3/4" - 1" too big (34DD). Choice of bra matters. I believe the elasticized panels are the culprit and hopefully an easy fix.

I ordered a Pandora charm and the Hocus Pocus dress size Small. I received shipping confirmation & tracking for the charm only which is still in transit. The HP dress arrived yesterday.

Without crinoline slip / With crinoline slip
View attachment 518285

Back in 2019 during MNSSHP, DH bought me the matching Dooney and my awesome son bought me the magicband for my birthday.
View attachment 518284

I ordered this dress when it first came out but returned it due to the fit and Disney's artistic choice of the Sanderson Sisters. Back then the bust size was too big and the waist was a little loose. Since then I've gained weight, now the waist is a little snug and the breast area is about 3/4" - 1" too big (34DD). Choice of bra matters. I believe the elasticized panels are the culprit and hopefully an easy fix.

I know someone that stitched the front middle of the bust tighter. It came out really nice and plan to do the same to mine but haven’t gotten to it yet

I know someone that stitched the front middle of the bust tighter. It came out really nice and plan to do the same to mine but haven’t gotten to it yet
That certainly is an alternative but I don't want to add a seam especially in the front of the dress. My thought process tells me to add black Tailor's Tape to prevent the elastic from stretching.

On the right, put the TT under the zipper and hand sew it in place.
In the middle, add a few stitches to the back side seam with some ease.
Lastly on the left, serge the TT and sew it to the side seam.
No one will see this minor alteration and it can be removed without causing the dress harm.

That neckline just makes me feel claustrophobic. :eek:
I thought that the first time I saw it but after trying it on, it was a non issue. It doesn't grab your throat and there are three levels to hook the neck piece together, much like a bra.

Last edited:
I just realized Marie the Aristocats Dress is also sold out. What a cute dress!

View attachment 518363

The AP discount really helped clear out a lot of items!
that and people not being able (or mentally ready) to visit in person!! I know I bought things I might not have if I were there in person... although I might have purchased other things if I were there! I think I saved money in the end...

I have this dress - I bought it when it first came out. My sister said I am allowed to wear it 5 times before it becomes hers.

that and people not being able (or mentally ready) to visit in person!! I know I bought things I might not have if I were there in person... although I might have purchased other things if I were there! I think I saved money in the end...

I have this dress - I bought it when it first came out. My sister said I am allowed to wear it 5 times before it becomes hers.
Awe LOL! At least you can ‘borrow’ it back right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter