The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I ordered it and it's shipped, so I'll report back when I get it!

So I got this dress and I want to like it but I can’t make it work. I ordered two different sizes even. I have a general issue with off shoulder tops in that they never stay off shoulder the way I like no matter the hacks I try. This one especially keeps pulling up and it doesn’t look nearly as nice on the shoulder - Plus when I raise my arms, the whole top pulls up to my bust each time. I would have to order another size up I’m guessing but likely the bottom will be too big then. The material is also thin, no lining. For what it’s worth my husband really liked it! Now if I can only get it to fit right.

So I got this dress and I want to like it but I can’t make it work. I ordered two different sizes even. I have a general issue with off shoulder tops in that they never stay off shoulder the way I like no matter the hacks I try. This one especially keeps pulling up and it doesn’t look nearly as nice on the shoulder - Plus when I raise my arms, the whole top pulls up to my bust each time. I would have to order another size up I’m guessing but likely the bottom will be too big then. The material is also thin, no lining. For what it’s worth my husband really liked it! Now if I can only get it to fit right.
I’ve been debating this dress but would like to see it in person. One of the reasons, I was wondering it I could easily attach the top to the bottom and making it a one piece instead of two. Do you think that it’s possible? Is it true to size?

So I got this dress and I want to like it but I can’t make it work. I ordered two different sizes even. I would have to order another size up I’m guessing but likely the bottom will be too big then.

Just saying,
You are allowed to post on the DIS for an even trade. If you find the top that fits best, post here you have a skirt in size___ to trade for the skirt size you need. Responses should be made through PM (Private Message).

View attachment 600598
It’s here! I was pleasantly surprised that the top worked better on the shoulder than off since strapless bras are not my friend. I ordered the matching headbands too. (Please ignore the mess and the fact that we are in the middle of painting the room).
Oh I LOVE that!!! Is it true to size? Her Universe sizing can be all over the place.

View attachment 600598
It’s here! I was pleasantly surprised that the top worked better on the shoulder than off since strapless bras are not my friend. I ordered the matching headbands too. (Please ignore the mess and the fact that we are in the middle of painting the room).

Oh that’s nice on you!! Are you able to move freely with your arms and not have the top ride up? That was my problem. Plus the top did Not look good on me on the shoulder. I did try pinning the top to the bottom and all it did was pull the fabric. I’m going to return it. For me the top ran small, the bottom was true to size. I’m usually a SM.
On a positive note, I did manage to get the balloon dress and it fits like a dream! It’s so much nicer IMO.

Oh I LOVE that!!! Is it true to size? Her Universe sizing can be all over the place.

I would say it runs small. I ordered a 3XL, which I'm not even sure why I picked that size because it's not even on the size chart, and it fits great. I'm typically an XL or XXL in tops on the Disney site. The skirt is huge on me personally.

Are you able to move freely with your arms and not have the top ride up?

I was able to move freely, and I also pulled the skirt up quite a bit so there's no gap for me. There's no way it would work as an off the shoulder top though - I can't imagine it would stay.

I would say it runs small. I ordered a 3XL, which I'm not even sure why I picked that size because it's not even on the size chart, and it fits great. I'm typically an XL or XXL in tops on the Disney site. The skirt is huge on me personally.

I was able to move freely, and I also pulled the skirt up quite a bit so there's no gap for me. There's no way it would work as an off the shoulder top though - I can't imagine it would stay.
I caved and ordered it. I sized up one size, but probably should have bumped it up another size. It should be here tomorrow

So, Dress Shop friends—I have a good news, bad news thing.
The Good News: I’ve lost about 30 lbs! 🥳🥳
The Bad News: my flowered Mickey and Minnie dress doesn’t fit anymore! 😭😭😭

I crossed the straps in the back, and that makes it look pretty decent from the front, but I end up with a huge lump of dress in the back. (please ignore the terrible hotel room mirror selfies 😆)

594C6514-B8D9-4232-92E4-E91CAD8A6B40.jpegFD8EFE8B-EC04-4863-974B-F2E75444503E.jpeg

Super congrats. I cant seem to even drop 5 lbs - let allone the 20+ I need to.
Maybe a seamstress will be able to help when you get home - or another DIS person would like to swap sizes.

I crossed the straps in the back, and that makes it look pretty decent from the front, but I end up with a huge lump of dress in the back. (please ignore the terrible hotel room mirror selfies 😆)

View attachment 602727View attachment 602728
Awesome!!! I’d take a weight loss over a lumpy dress any day! You can always take it to a tailor.

As a reward for my weight loss (and because my other dress doesn’t fit anymore) my grandma offered to buy me a new dress, so off I went to the Dress Shop at Downtown Disney! I’m down to an XL! I’m still going to look into getting the flowered dress altered sometime after I get home.

135BD034-3CBF-4398-91B5-9223FC602C5F.jpeg

View attachment 604488

this is really nice. wish they'd drop that waistline though.
As someone with basically no middle, I need dresses with higher waistlines! I always have to alter the Dress Shop dresses to fit me & take the wait up 2-3". Idk what's wrong with my body lol. Though, in the pic of the dress it looks like the standard shape so maybe that's a weird angle on the model or something.

HI
Did anyone order the Alice/Mary Blair trench coat from ShopDisney? If so have you received it? I did order but can’t tell if it has shipped yet

thx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter