The Edison Dress Code at Lunch?

Cirlonde

Mouseketeer
I did a quick google search but couldn't find anything except that the dress code is strictly enforced after 10pm Thursday-Saturday.

Does anyone have any experience eating at the Edison for lunch? Our ADR is for 11:30am on Friday. We're just doing a quick three day trip next week and want to pack as lightly as possible, but I also don't want to get turned away! :) Plus...we'll be walking over from Saratoga Springs which I do NOT want to do in fancy shoes!

We stopped in for a drink around 4 in regular park clothes in December on a Thursday. Shorts and flip flops.

What kind of dress code does The Edison have?

Do they mean like no shirt, no shoes, no service? I though it was a casual place.

What kind of dress code does The Edison have?

Do they mean like no shirt, no shoes, no service? I though it was a casual place.

From what I read in a January 2018 post:
  • The Edison has an enforced dress code Thursday through Saturday evenings beginning at 10 p.m. Men must wear slacks, jeans or dress shorts. No ball caps, sleeveless shirts or flip-flops are permitted. Jackets are optional.
So, it may have loosened up since then. I've never been myself. I was also finding reports of people wearing tank tops being turned away. But I can't find anything specific to women. As long as I can wear jeans and black sneakers, I'd be happy. :) Don't get me wrong...it can be fun to dress up for a special occasion, but I don't really want to have to bring an entire ensemble just for one lunch.

We stopped in for a drink around 4 in regular park clothes in December on a Thursday. Shorts and flip flops.

This is very reassuring! Thanks!

We had an early dinner there the Sun before Thanksgiving and everyone we saw including us had shorts and t-shirts.

Edison's "dress code":

on Your Best Nightly
Get the scoop on the evening dress code and minimum age requirement for admission.

Guests arriving after 10:00 PM each night must wear venue-appropriate attire. Men may wear slacks, jeans or dress shorts. Jackets are optional. No ball caps, sleeveless shirts or flip-flops allowed.

Guests also must be at least 21 years of age to enter The Edison after 10:00 PM.

Doesn't seem difficult to adhere to from this end:).

Guests arriving after 10:00 PM each night must wear venue-appropriate attire. Men may wear slacks, jeans or dress shorts. Jackets are optional. No ball caps, sleeveless shirts or flip-flops allowed.

Guests also must be at least 21 years of age to enter The Edison after 10:00 PM.

Doesn't seem difficult to adhere to from this end
It's certainly not asking a lot is it?;) I guess if this is a bridge too far you can always hit the Dairy Queen.;)

It's certainly not asking a lot is it?;) I guess if this is a bridge too far you can always hit the Dairy Queen.;)

Well...it's not that I'm saying their dress code is difficult to follow or that it's asking a lot...I'm just trying to make sure I pack appropriately. And I'm trying to be respectful of the dress code as well as the other diners' expectations. I'm not sure what about my original post made you think that I was complaining about the hardship of avoiding ball caps and flip flops.

Edison looks like fun, we have a dinner ressie on 3/15 at 8:30.

I'm not sure what about my original post made you think that I was complaining about the hardship of avoiding ball caps and flip flops.
Didn't think that at all. I was agreeing with NYCgrll that it's not a high bar for a dress code.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter