The Empty Nesters Magical Mystery Tour *1/28* Link to New Girl's TR p141

Thanks for the heads up! Knowing me, it would have taken me forever to notice that you had started. :rolleyes1

I can't say that I blame you for wanting to put 2013 behind you. May 2014 be whole different story for you. :thumbsup2

It's too bad that you got lost trying to find the hotel but at least when you did, it was nice and fit the bill for your short stay.

Joining in! Back to read later.

Hey Goofy fan! :welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Sounds like you REALLY needed this trip!! I will live my "empty nest" thro you as it will be a long time before my there! Our oldest is almost 17 and our youngest is 3!

:welcome: DVCmom! Thanks for joining in!

I did really need this trip. I had been looking forward to it for quite awhile.

Yup - might be awhile before your nest is empty with 14 years between your kids. :laughing: But it will eventually arrive and you will wonder where the time went.

I'm here! Looking forward to following along on another trip report. :goodvibes

:welcome: Alicia! Thanks for joining in. So happy to have you here!

2013 wasn't the best of years for you, and I can completely see why you went into this trip with mixed emotions. On one hand, there's nothing better to distract you from the troubles of reality than a vacation. On the other, it's difficult to forget about such heavy matters even when you're far away from the source.

There was more going on in 2013 than I realized. On one level I felt like I was taking it all in stride, but on another level it was messing with me and I was having some anxiety issues around the time we left. So, yes, parts of the trip were really distracting and at other times I just felt nervous.

Joining in Mary Ellen, thank you for the heads up!

Hey Rob! :welcome: and thanks for joining in!

AHHH I want to be a seasonal Disney CM too!!! At least I know when Walt's birthday is so that's a plus. :p

:rotfl2: You sure do! And I bet you even know when Stacy's birthday is as well as her middle name!

I'm in. We leave in 9 days and I need a good Disney Fix. (Nine days is way to long.)

:welcome: Tiggeye! Thanks for joining in! Wow - so jealous - nine days! :banana: I totally know what you mean about needing the Disney fix! ;)

I'm here- going back to read.

Looking forward to being taken away...

:welcome: Pat! So glad you're here. It wouldn't be a F&W trip report without you being around! :thumbsup2

I'm here girl! Gotta catch up but I like the plans. You're a split stayer like me. :teeth:

:welcome: Jenny! Thanks for joining in.

Yes - totally a split stayer. I liked it a lot for this trip. Both resorts were totally different and I enjoy all the positives of both. So great!

Very cool you'll be on the same cruise with Ellen and Jill! :woohoo: And Cynthia too I think? Or maybe I'm confused.

Jill is on that cruise, too? Really? I had no idea! I think Cynthia is going to the Caribbean. I am totally excited that Ellen will be there. She is too much fun!

Be back to catch up. Great start.

:thumbsup2

Following along on yet another great MEK report. :thumbsup2

Arriving at MCO at night is very different than it is in the daytime. It is quiet, calm, and dark. I much prefer the hustle and bustle of the daytime and the sun shining brightly through on all the palm trees.

I hope Denny never has any hospital stays on future vacations. I remember reading all about that and thinking how terrible that was for both of you. Little did I know what was in store for me.... ;) Here's to healthy trips to all from now on!

It is nice that you get to travel whenever you want to now and that you are not bound to school/sports/activities schedules. Thanks for sharing your good times and pictures with us.

:wave: I am here... subscribed. It will likely take me a while to get caught up though... but I promise I will get caught up! :goodvibes

We have been having empty nest vacations for quite a while. They are great, but retirement vacations are even better. No waiting on work, we can go anytime we want. Only bad thing about is a husband who is home all of the time! LOL

Whenever we go anywhere I'm the navigator, my DH cant find his way out of a paper bag. I can't begin to tell you how many times he passes where he is supposed to turn.

Here. :goodvibes

I didn't realize you had such a rough year. I guess when we are hearing about our trials one at a time they don't seem as bad as when we list them all together. I'm so sorry for such a rough year, I can relate....greatly. :worried:

I'm glad you got to take a trip to decompress, you really needed it. :hug:
I'm starting to regret not planning a May trip, I sure could use it. Still holding out for the NYC trip. ::yes::

Joining in! :)

Oh my I always hate going over the Bay Bridge! As many times as we've had to do it due to numerous trip to Ocean City, I still hate it!

Wow! I knew all of those things had gone on for you this year... but when you list them all out it is a lot. I am glad you got through them all. :hug:

Flying into MCO at night is something we always do. It is very quiet there at night.

Finding your home for that first night sounded like quite the ordeal!

Ok, now I'm all caught up! I knew each of the things that happened last year, but when you put them all together it's quite a lot to happen in one year. You definitely needed this trip!
I sincerely wish you a much better 2014.

Glad your departure day went pretty well, other than getting turned around finding the hotel! I can't wait to hear all about this trip!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Page 4 already?! This must be where all the cool kids are :) Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Yea for a new TR! Can't wait to read along. I knew about most of what had been going on in 2013 but after reading it all together...whew! :crazy2: I bet you were glad to put 2013 to bed.

It's so nice to see you and Denny going on trips and enjoying each other. While it will be a while before we get to travel as empty nesters, it seems to me that for a lot of people, by the time they get to that point, they don't want to be around each other or have no idea who they are anymore. I don't want that and we try to take a "just us vacation" each year but that doesn't always happen - like you mentioned, hard to get sitters. I love reading about your trips together, even if he misses an exit or two here or there! :goodvibes

Christine

You sure had a lot to deal with in 2013! :scared: So glad you were able to rearrange plans to something that works for you. :goodvibes

Even arriving late at night, and having a more calm situation at MCO to deal with, you still had quite an eventful start to your trip! I just hate when I'm trying to find a hotel I'm not familiar with and they don't do a very good job of placing signs to help you find it. :headache: I've done the backtracking thing a few times myself. :blush:

:drinking1 Here's hoping the rest of your trip went a lot smoother, and you have a much calmer and better 2014! :hug:

Jill is on that cruise, too? Really? I had no idea! I think Cynthia is going to the Caribbean. I am totally excited that Ellen will be there. She is too much fun!

:thumbsup2

I'm actually on the Southern Caribbean 7night with Cynthia. I wish I could swing 2 cruises in a month since your double dip would be a birthday cruise for me!

Jill in CO

Joining in the fun too!

We have 3 out of the house and our last will be in college in 6 years so we are not quite empty nesters yet but looking forward to hearing about your trip and dreaming for the future!:thumbsup2

Joining in an hoping to stay caught up with this report. I really need to make a list of the ones I start reading.

You had a bad 2013 too. Here's hoping we all have a better 2014.

Is that the bridge over the Delaware Bay? I avoid that bridge at all costs. Absolutely terrifies me.

Being an empty nester actually starts to become fun. I've been one for about 6 years and love it now. My kids all live close so I can see them and the grandkids easily but I love the peace and quiet at home.

Looking forward to reading more.

Ooo, I love the idea of being in Disney from one month into the next! It just sounds so luxurious to say, "Yeah, we'll be there October into November!" But man, you had to go through some stressful times to get to your trip! I'm glad you had the opportunity to vacation for some time after all that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter