The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Hi there! I am 6'3" with a 52 inch waist. Although everyone carries their weight differently, hopefully the below will be helpful to you.

I did not fit on:
Flight of Passage
Goofy's Barnstormer

I fit, but it was uncomfortable:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain (I did not feel safe on this one)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Astro Oribiter
Kali River Rapids (unless they have brought back the belt extenders)

I fit, but front of car is going to be best:
Test Track
Rockin Roller Coaster
Big Thunder Mountain
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Everything else I have not really had any issues on. I have not had the opportunity to ride Slinky Dog Dash or Rise of the Resistance yet.

Another helpful YouTube channel is Parks in Your Pocket. The guy who runs it is 6'8"
Ask for a belt extender on Kali beforehand they will slip you one.

Going to Disney world for the 3rd time. Everytime I go I have so much anxiety about everything we leave in 6 days and I am having major attack. It's my first time with my mom and brothers I paid for the vacation so they could go for their first time. And my husband is so supportive but small so I know he doesn't know the anxiety I have. And I want to ride Aerosmith and Everest and kali Rapids but I am always nervous and my anxiety kicks in and I don't go. I really want to enjoy this time. I lost 20 pounds but not enough I feel like. I am 5'2 272 pounds size 22 big bust 42 and big hips and butt I am terrified. Can someone help ease my anxiety? I am always panicking about it. I always limit myself and I want to have a blast. pooh:
I have ridden Rock N Roller coaster and was about 300 lbs and am 5'9". Let's just say I am a curvy girl but I fit just fine. Now I hated the ride but I did fit at least lol

Just wanted to pop on and share our FOP experience since we were worried about it. DH is 6’3” 270 mostly all in the belly. DS is 6’4” 330 pounds and carries it In Thighs, butt and belly. Both can ride BTM and 7DMT but are very uncomfortable. We tried the test seat at FoP first, husband was just barely ok but son was borderline and was told to try but be aware he might not be able to ride. They did have to do a little push for my husband once inside but it went. They had to do a bigger push for my son but he also was able to get in. We did the ride twice with the same result. If my son gains weight or grows much more not sure he will be able to get on next time we go.

As a few other folks mentioned above, I think body SHAPE is more of an issue on FOP that just weight; DH was a linebacker in college and is very tall, I'd call him more Baloo-shaped than Pooh-shaped. He's 280 and carries his weight in his belly, but we didn't anticipate him having an issue on FOP. We used the test seat and he fit just fine!

Unfortunately when we got to the boarding room with the ride vehicle, his calves/belly were too thick for the mechanism to engage. 😬

He's now down 35 lbs so we're hoping he can ride it on our next trip. 😇

Unfortunately when we got to the boarding room with the ride vehicle, his calves/belly were too thick for the mechanism to engage. 😬

He's now down 35 lbs so we're hoping he can ride it on our next trip. 😇

I had the same problem with my calves the first time. Have him do this when he gets on the ride. Lift his heals up like he is on his tip toes. That will raise his calves up. The bar will now be lower on his leg. Works every time for myself and many others.

I had the same problem with my calves the first time. Have him do this when he gets on the ride. Lift his heals up like he is on his tip toes. That will raise his calves up. The bar will now be lower on his leg. Works every time for myself and many others.
OH SNAP, that's a great tip! Thank you so much! We will try that next time.

My DH has enormous leg muscles. In High School he beat his coach in a short marathon when DH was going backward and the coach was running normally. I will make sure and tell him that. It seems that if you can handle any fit problems before a CM notices, everything is fine. But, once they come over, the default is to kick you off the ride.

Yes, this! I see so many people on this thread worried about being embarrassed, and trust me, I've been there. But you can save yourself some (mostly in your head/non-existent) embarrassment just by talking to the CMs whenever possible -- when you first get in line, when you get to the loading zone, etc.

I agree. I'll even just ask them for any suggestions on how best for me to handle any given ride. They're in a tough spot....they know how a million other guests have fit on the rides, but they most likely feel really awkward in trying to offer suggestions without coming right out and saying something about someone's size. You know they don't want to say "Other people your size....." or "Other Pooh-sized guests". Some will be brave and just say "Some guests prefer...", but that doesn't always come across to the guest as a suggestion they may actually need until they've already spent a few uncomfortable minutes trying things a different way.

Kind of like with turnstiles. When i used to come up to a turnstile, if I thought it was going to be an issue, I didn't wait for a cast member to notice there was an issue and offer a solution. I just would ask the first cast member I saw what other entrance I could use. I usually said something like "Hi! Turnstiles are not really my friends. Can you point out the accessible entrance for me, please?" Obviously I tailored it to the situation. :)

But overall, for me, I find cast members are more comfortable and more helpful when I proactively point out any potential size issue and ask for specific help. Watching videos like the Pammie ones mentioned earlier can be helpful because she lets you know the potential pitfalls of any ride as well as the work-arounds. So then you can make informed suggestions when you chat with the CM. :)

Question for those that have had a preview of Remy. Saw a few notes that Pooh-sized friends may be uncomfortable. Anyone have any insight?

Question for those that have had a preview of Remy. Saw a few notes that Pooh-sized friends may be uncomfortable. Anyone have any insight?
Well, I am very pooh sized and carry a lot of it in my saddlebag/ hip area making most rides uncomfortable at the very least but no, no issues with Remy's. Unlike Imagination, the seats are not flat, there are little lips to designate seats but I do not remember them digging into me at all or anything like that. I was having some major low back pain on the day so I needed my husband's help getting out and I remember the entrance being a little tight, like Imagination is, but as usual I just go through sideways.

I have a trip coming up in May and was wondering what everyone wears to stay cool. I was planning on capris because my usual jeans would be way too hot. I found these capris at Duluth Trading. Dry on the Fly Capris. But I'm not sure what to do for a top. I don't usually do tank tops but I might if I can find something flattering and cute. I like to wear layers up top but that probably wouldn't work for the Florida heat. Any suggestions?
Have you tried any of the Duluth Trading shirts? They have an Armachillo line that keeps you cool.

I had no issues, or even hints of issues, on Rise of the Resistance at 5'7" and 350 pounds, including a really bad knee.
This was super helpful. I have a family member who was concerned and we just wanted to get a feel for if we thought she'd be ok......sounds like there is a good chance she should be

Are you talking about Pammie Plus Parks? I agree, she has a lot of great info for plus size people at Orlando area theme parks. Her primary focus is WDW, but I've also seen some Universal and Sea World videos (and other attractions too) on her channel.
OMG! THANK YOU for this! As many years as I've been on Dis, I'd never heard of her before and my mind was blown! I feel more confident on what I can do now. I didn't even try Slinky the last time we were there because I feared it was like 7 Dwarfs and that was 50 pounds ago. I barely fit then and it was excruciating pain for my husbands legs to be squashed between the leg bars. We're actually going to ride Slink this time! I wish she could be a Stickie on thread or more people knew about her because it would help tens of thousands of people as terrified of humiliation as I am. I've been humiliated at WDW bt actually jerk cast members before. I just can't bear it again. The whole Pooh size thread should be a stickie to be honest.:flower1:

I looked back a bit in this thread, but it's so long... so apologies if this has been asked/answered a few times.

Anyone use a Loungefly backpack? Any issue with that? Straps long enough, etc?

I purchased a medium-sized Vera Bradley backpack before my last trip-- I've not used a backpack in years-- and I felt 'crowded' by the straps in my chest area, if that makes any sense. The thin straps on the Loungefly are appealing for that reason.

Thanks!

I looked back a bit in this thread, but it's so long... so apologies if this has been asked/answered a few times.

Anyone use a Loungefly backpack? Any issue with that? Straps long enough, etc?

I purchased a medium-sized Vera Bradley backpack before my last trip-- I've not used a backpack in years-- and I felt 'crowded' by the straps in my chest area, if that makes any sense. The thin straps on the Loungefly are appealing for that reason.

Thanks!
I prefer crossbody bags, but given the number of Loungefly backpacks I’ve seen on people’s backs in the parks, I’m comfortable saying that many people feel they’re just fine!

ETA: just realized this is the Pooh sized thread, so let me add that Loungefly backpacks are everywhere, on all shapes and sizes of people.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter