• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Also, in regards to flights I also didn't have any troubles due to my size which was something I was deeply worried about when we left. We flew with Qantas, Virgin America, Jet Blue, Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air New Zealand all without issue. A seat belt extender was all that was needed but I didn't have to purchase an extra seat or anything. (I was sitting next to my partner on all flights) - Hope this helps.

-Quietly.

I apologize if this is the wrong for thread for this question, but I am flying for the first time since 08 (also 2 kids ago). I keep reading threads on the boards where people are complaining about having to sit next to heavier people and saying they should have to buy a second seat. I'm pretty sure if I ended up sitting next to some of those people I would have ended up in tears.

It's making me a little anxious about flying. I never had a problem before, I only ever needed a seat belt extender on Delta. However, I am slightly heavier and my weight is distributed differently now. We will be flying Southwest and I'm just wondering if it's really necessary for me to buy a second seat? I'm about a size 20 / 22.

I am a size 26/28 & my hips are 60+inches. I carry most of my weight in my hips, tush upper thighs. I've never bought 2 seats when flying. I just ask for a belt extender. Some people need to get over themselves and don't worry about what others do. :)

I am a size 26/28 & my hips are 60+inches. I carry most of my weight in my hips, tush upper thighs. I've never bought 2 seats when flying. I just ask for a belt extender. Some people need to get over themselves and don't worry about what others do. :)

Thank you. That is reassuring.

Question about flying.... Do you guys usually fly coach or first class? My husband I are planning a trip in January, we are looking at airfare. What do you guys suggest?

We are flying economy plus via United. The seats ost just a lil more but they give you a lil more leg room... fiance is 6'4" and I would rather not start off trip on grumpy note.

Question about flying.... Do you guys usually fly coach or first class? My husband I are planning a trip in January, we are looking at airfare. What do you guys suggest?
We cannot afford first class. I am pooh sized and only need to request an extension for the seat-belt on most airlines. If you are worried, check the airlines web site. It should give you seat dimensions somewhere. We usually fly Southwest. I know some airlines vary from 15" to 21" That 6 inch difference is enormous when your comfort is concerned. I think SW is about 17" Hope that helps.

I apologize if this is the wrong for thread for this question, but I am flying for the first time since 08 (also 2 kids ago). I keep reading threads on the boards where people are complaining about having to sit next to heavier people and saying they should have to buy a second seat. I'm pretty sure if I ended up sitting next to some of those people I would have ended up in tears.

It's making me a little anxious about flying. I never had a problem before, I only ever needed a seat belt extender on Delta. However, I am slightly heavier and my weight is distributed differently now. We will be flying Southwest and I'm just wondering if it's really necessary for me to buy a second seat? I'm about a size 20 / 22.

Awww bless you. I really wouldn't worry about other people. As long as you are comfortable in your seat, then i'm sure anyone sitting alongside you will be comfortable too x

Go to the SWA site and look up their policy on large guests. If you do require two seats they will provide one free of charge. You can order an extra seat, and if you do not use it, they will refund your money, but in my book free is better. I have been as large as a size 34 and never required more than a seatbelt extender. If you have two kids traveling with you, sit in the middle, and if you overflow it will be within your own group, and no one will be nasty.

Go to the SWA site and look up their policy on large guests. If you do require two seats they will provide one free of charge. You can order an extra seat, and if you do not use it, they will refund your money, but in my book free is better. I have been as large as a size 34 and never required more than a seatbelt extender. If you have two kids traveling with you, sit in the middle, and if you overflow it will be within your own group, and no one will be nasty.

Thank you, I will go look at their site. It is just DH and I traveling this time, but maybe I will try to grab a window seat and have him sit next to me in the middle seat.

My soon DH and I are doing just that... he's 6'4 and thicker but has no problem flying. So I'll be putting him in the middle seat and me in window seat.

i love this thread!

i hope this is OK to post - but i'm heading to WDW at the end of this month for a family reunion (and my wedding!) and i have these two awesome fatkinis i can't wait to show off! i usually end up spending a ton of time in the pool with my older nephews. we all love water slides!

thank you all for being so awesome and creating a safe and supportive space for folks to share their fears and experiences!

IMG_20150309_224929_resized_1.jpg 10887602_935816863384_9206442875914288176_o.jpg

I love this thread. My question is about plus size clothing. I have seen 3X clothing but that seems to be the largest size . Are there any larger clothing, men or womens wear, in WDW?

There are a couple tshirts in the steel grey color that got to 4x and 5x online at disneystore.com. I haven't been to the parks so I can't speak for that. Everything I wanted usually only goes to a misses 2x. Im a size 28 and got a hoodie for chistmas in a plus 3x. It fits fantastic!

This is a great thread! THANK YOU! I love the ideas you have all come up with. I noticed some of you have commented on how cruel people can be.....well, my motto has always been that it's what is in your heart that makes the person..NOT what you look like. If people need to make comments like that then they don't have much heart. At least I'm happy with the person I am! can they say the same?

I love this thread. My question is about plus size clothing. I have seen 3X clothing but that seems to be the largest size . Are there any larger clothing, men or womens wear, in WDW?

Very hard to find a 3x or bigger in the parks. The best place is -World of Disney- Downtown. They have 3x and i have seen a few bigger at 4x (Mens). I have seen in women a few 3x but never bigger. Also i have seen a 3x in mens at resorts too.

I am so excited for our next trip, last time I fit on everything we rode totally fine so I didn't even think to be worried. Then, I started reading up on the 7DMT and now I am sooooo worried about it. It is the one ride my girls are dying to ride. They've talked about it since we saw them building it on our last trip. :/ I know it would be super embarrassing to have to get off the ride for not fitting, but it would be even worse since my daughter would have to get off with me. I'm sure it would end in tears from her. I am going with my husband and our 2 girls, who will be 5 and 7 when we go.. both really tiny. I am 5'1, 275 lbs, pear shaped. xl shirt in mens, 1x shirt in womans, 24 in jeans. I hate to be the reason one of my girls can't ride. Any one around my size fit? Or should I just not even risk it?

I am so excited for our next trip, last time I fit on everything we rode totally fine so I didn't even think to be worried. Then, I started reading up on the 7DMT and now I am sooooo worried about it. It is the one ride my girls are dying to ride. They've talked about it since we saw them building it on our last trip. :/ I know it would be super embarrassing to have to get off the ride for not fitting, but it would be even worse since my daughter would have to get off with me. I'm sure it would end in tears from her. I am going with my husband and our 2 girls, who will be 5 and 7 when we go.. both really tiny. I am 5'1, 275 lbs, pear shaped. xl shirt in mens, 1x shirt in womans, 24 in jeans. I hate to be the reason one of my girls can't ride. Any one around my size fit? Or should I just not even risk it?
My DD is about your size, and shape. She has ridden 7DMT several times. She said it is a little uncomfortable, but well worth it. I would not worry about it. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter