• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Everything Victoria & Albert's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Chef's Table will be under renovation for some of January.
http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/3183-changes-at-disney-s-victoria-albert-s
We've managed to get into the QVR for our Wedding Dinner (just the two of us) in late February. We are waitlisted for the Chefs table.

What I'm wondering though is if we should still waitlist for the Chefs Table. As this says and as we were told over the phone by the lovely staff at the restaurant podium they are doing a complete overhaul of the Chefs table. They are currently not taking February bookings in case it isn't ready...hence the waitlist...
What would you suggest for a Dinner in you wedding attire though? (I have a ballgown style)
We would likely do the shared pairing of either the $105 or $150 so we don't get quite so sloshed although we both enjoy wine very much. We also do enjoy food very much and my Fiancé has been to The Fat Duck in Bray. It's just I'm not sure if we should stay with the more intimate lovely décor of the QVR which I just adore or go with the waitlist and hope for the Chef's Table?

Any help appreciated.
Thank you :-)

I am an idiot and didn't realize you had to call. -hangs head- called and got right into the queen Victoria room. 630pm seating.

You are in no way an idiot :). Over the last year, V&A has TRIED to work with the online MDE booking experience. At every turn? V&A has been "challenged".

The very best way to book ANY experience is to simply CALL V&A. You might as well, because they WILL call you back - possibly several times :). They do this because they are one of the few 5 Star Restaurants within the US, and they WILL make you happy - it's part of their DNA :).

So - do not feel as though you failed, using MDE for THIS restaurant. Personal opinion - V&A should just get OUT of MDE. It really doesn't work for them.

Disclaimer: All posts by user Dean Marino are Personal Opinion only - any post may be removed by a Moderator at any time as specified by Board Rules, with my full permission and cooperation. I choose to not reply to any quotes, PMs, or comments, as I have personally found this action to be counterproductive.

Last edited:
You are in no way an idiot :). ...

Yeah, Disney's to blame on this one for leaving the booking widget on the V&A MDE page, leading reasonable people to think that's where they should book a table. Granted, there's a parenthetical notice that online booking is not currently available, but it's hidden behind a "Learn more" link toward the bottom of the page. It shouldn't be hard for them to add a visible note at the top of the page.

But anyway, I'm glad courtneybeth got a reservation and it all worked out. Enjoy!

The very best way to book ANY experience is to simply CALL V&A. You might as well, because they WILL call you back - possibly several times :). They do this because they are one of the few 5 Star Restaurants within the US, and they WILL make you happy - it's part of their DNA :).

It is so confusing! Thanks for the pep talk. (Keep in mind that I'm in California, so at 3am I'm not going to read all of the pages because ... it's 3 am and too darn early!)

I could have sworn that two weeks ago I saw "available times" on MDE and thought that I could book it when I tried at my 180+10. It was likely an error on the programming side and doing it the way they do will prevent kids or random people who have no intention of going to book the meal. Hey - I'm ready to drop $350 per person on a fancy dinner so I'm glad it worked out. it's a once and a lifetime celebration for my MBA graduation and it's going to be special. :)

But anyway, I'm glad courtneybeth got a reservation and it all worked out. Enjoy!

THANK YOU! I am so excited for the Queen Victoria room. I found a dress at Nordstrom yesterday and during my December trip I'm going to scout EPCOT for some hair accessories so I can give myself a fancy up-do. Husband should be at his WW goal weight by then so he'll need a new suit.
We'll be the fanciest people on the Mouse Bus for sure in May :rotfl2:

I asked during my 1 week phone call how long you can leave your valet parked vehicle before picking it up. She said the next morning to afternoon is fine. I'm excited about taking advantage of the free parking, and then monorailing back to BLT after so that we don't drive after wine sharing. Less walking in my fancy shoes...

I was wondering if any one could tell me how long the entire dinner will be. I have a 5 pm reservation for the chef's table, and I was hoping to do a fireworks cruise afterwards. But I don't want to book that if the dinner experience is 5-10 pm. Thanks

I was wondering this too!

I was wondering if any one could tell me how long the entire dinner will be. I have a 5 pm reservation for the chef's table, and I was hoping to do a fireworks cruise afterwards. But I don't want to book that if the dinner experience is 5-10 pm. Thanks

I have always been fascinated with V&A. My question, I'm not what I call a super picky eater, but I don't do fish or seafood for the most part. Would my options be limited or would I still be ok as a steak and potato kind of guy? I love chicken, pork, steak, that kind of stuff.

They call and ask you your food preferences. You can say no seafood, if you'd like. I got brave and didn't restrict them at all. If anyone can convince me I like blue cheese or caviar it's them.

I have always been fascinated with V&A. My question, I'm not what I call a super picky eater, but I don't do fish or seafood for the most part. Would my options be limited or would I still be ok as a steak and potato kind of guy? I love chicken, pork, steak, that kind of stuff.
First time we went to v&a I thought I had a shrimp allergy. We let them know that and the I think that I can't stand potatoes. It as so amazing that we went back again the following year. When they called to confirm right before the trip, they mentioned that he shrimp allergy. I had gotten allergy tested and started to eat shrimp again.

I wouldn't plan on doing something after the meal. It was quite a while ago that we dined there but I was so full after the meal that I was ready to go back to the room and pass out. YMMV.

You won't be done before 9:30 and probably closer to 10. There are 10 courses and they are spread out a bit.

We have booked the Chef's Table in May and wanted to do a fireworks cruise afterward. I called V&A to ask about the length of the meal and if they though we would have enough time to make the boat. The woman that I spoke with promised me that we would and that a number of guests to the CT often book cruises. She did suggest that we tell our servers that we have a cruise booked. She assured me that we would not feel rushed. I am crossing my fingers that she is right.

Plan to rest afterwards. We did 5 pm QVR reservation last week with wine pairings and we didn't leave until about 9:15-9:30. All we wanted to do was crash in our room.

I'm allergic to all seafood and spinach. They created a special menu for me. DH had seafood in his (and loved it! He also did the additional 1-ounce caviar and vodka pairing - something he did two years ago and so looked forward to this time). My menu included bison, Wagyu beef, chicken, and duck. All of which was incredibly delicious.

I don't like mushrooms but I recall our very first time at V&A's 15 years ago, I had a morel mushroom pasta. It was probably one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. I learned then that a great chef can make even foods you don't think you like taste amazing. So I decided at that point that I would only ever request not to have items I am actually allergic to when having food made by an expert chef, rather than listing items I don't like.

This was our 7th time at V&A's but first time in the QVR. Only problem now is that I won't want to be in the main room anymore because it was so fantastic. Our previous experiences were great but this time was even a notch above that. We did the $150 wine pairing and had some totally amazing wines. So glad we decided to go ahead and do that instead of the regular one. Can't wait for my next trip to WDW and V&A.

I'm allergic to all seafood and spinach. They created a special menu for me. DH had seafood in his (and loved it! He also did the additional 1-ounce caviar and vodka pairing - something he did two years ago and so looked forward to this time). My menu included bison, Wagyu beef, chicken, and duck. All of which was incredibly delicious.

I don't like mushrooms but I recall our very first time at V&A's 15 years ago, I had a morel mushroom pasta. It was probably one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. I learned then that a great chef can make even foods you don't think you like taste amazing. So I decided at that point that I would only ever request not to have items I am actually allergic to when having food made by an expert chef, rather than listing items I don't like.

This was our 7th time at V&A's but first time in the QVR. Only problem now is that I won't want to be in the main room anymore because it was so fantastic. Our previous experiences were great but this time was even a notch above that. We did the $150 wine pairing and had some totally amazing wines. So glad we decided to go ahead and do that instead of the regular one. Can't wait for my next trip to WDW and V&A.
I think that's so important. As I don't have any known food allergies as such
I didn't tell them anything for dietary requirements.
I never eat prawns here generally because I don't like the "normal" way they are made and served but I will certainly try them as made by a chef in a degustation. I even tried tartare and sashimi when we were at Quay in Sydney http://www.quay.com.au/ (which at the time was Best Restaurant in Australasia; S. Pellegrino World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2010) and it was amazing. I wouldn't eat it just anywhere...but in somewhere like this I WILL try things...

I'm happy to hear the $150 wine paring and QVR was good. This will be my first visit to V&A and our wedding night meal and we are in the QVR. I think we'll split the $150 wine paring :-) be lovely.

I think that's so important. As I don't have any known food allergies as such
I didn't tell them anything for dietary requirements.
I never eat prawns here generally because I don't like the "normal" way they are made and served but I will certainly try them as made by a chef in a degustation. I even tried tartare and sashimi when we were at Quay in Sydney http://www.quay.com.au/ (which at the time was Best Restaurant in Australasia; S. Pellegrino World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2010) and it was amazing. I wouldn't eat it just anywhere...but in somewhere like this I WILL try things...

I'm happy to hear the $150 wine paring and QVR was good. This will be my first visit to V&A and our wedding night meal and we are in the QVR. I think we'll split the $150 wine paring :-) be lovely.

You'll 100% love it!!

Brian

Is dinner really 4 1/2 hours long if you order the 10 course? Do they only have one seating per night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter