The faceless children take a top-secret trip to WDW...

lexmas

DIS Veteran
Okay, it's not top-secret. Far from it. I tell everyone I can. Anyone who will listen. And it's quite complicated, all these grand plans we have, so they're just totally confused and try to walk away. They just don't know what they're getting into, saying, "Oh, you're going to go to WDW? Really?". :lmao: It's just not quite planned all the way yet.

I have to preface this pre-trip report by saying that I won't post any direct face pictures of the children. And probably none of me or DH. For privacy reasons, because we have some *ahem* crazy relatives who we prefer do not know what the children look like for various reasons. BUT that doesn't mean that I won't post any pictures. We happen to take lots of pictures of the back of the kids heads. :confused3 Yeah, I don't know either. But we do. And, if it's just that good of a picture, I'll just blur out their faces somehow. So, we'll make do.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Early questions
More questions
Trying new things
Okay, it's a bit "Top Secret"
MNSSHP costume ideas
Side note: Choose your own adventure
Pick-a-Pearl
Kind of OT: Dresses!
More Costume Teasers
Stroller Nametags
Name Fills in MS Word- instructions
Stroller Trouble
Tables in Wonderland
Counter Service Resturaunts
"Schoolwork"
EMH Park Hours
Pop Century Pondering
MNSSHP Costumes...the big reveal!
We Booked!
Completely OT-Princess and the Frog
Journal, Autograph Book, and Passport
Airfare take one: Southwest
Animal Kingdom Cards
Park Cards...the idea
Schedule: Take One
Power Rangers
Trip Clothes
Practice Trip One: Toronto Zoo
4 questions...packing for the park, and some free dining chatter
Free Dining!
Dining-Food Allergies
OT Sydney's 1st Birthday!
Saving Money
Holy Cow, we must have pissed the universe off somehow...
1st Food Memo: Salad
Extra Day
New Schedule
More Extras...laundry etc.
Vacation Practice Take Two: Maryland
A stroke of luck for the baby, and a very unlucky twist for the boy
Diaper Covers
Diaper Covers, part two
Holy thriftstore, batman!
ID
Feelin' Crafty

So, if you're joining me, WELCOME! Now on to the basics.

THE DATES:

We're hoping for a free dining promotion this year. We went during free dining two years ago, and loved it so much. This time, we're hoping for the quickservice plan! That said, our tentative dates are September 23rd-October 3rd. DH is a little worried that free dining won't extend that long, so we might bump it back to the week before if that happens. I know, I know, it's a long time off. But we love to plan, and where better to do it than here!

THE RESORT:

Pop Century! We stayed here on our honeymoon and loved it so much! We tried the All Stars last time, and while we liked them, they just weren't POP.

THE CAST:

102_6891.jpg

Well, the littlest one isn't going. That's our cat.

ME, Lexmas, Mommy, Mama. Yes, I'm referred to as both. DS calls me Mommy, but when he refers to me in the context of the baby, he calls me Mama. For example, "Her wants Mama." He's still working on grammar, obviously. I'm a stay-at-home-mom to my two wonderful babies. I love it more than anything, I'm in my element. I'm a true "stay at home" stay at home mom, we really don't venture out much beyond the neighborhood. We just love cooking and baking and playing around here, we don't have much of a reason to leave! I tend to ramble, but I'm sure you figured that out already!

DH. He's a delivery man, and loves it. He fancies himself "just like Santa" around the holidays, which may give you a bit of an idea how much he loves it! He's a great dad and spends all his free time playing with the kids. He's hoping against hope that DS gets a growth spurt before September.

DS, aka, Jay (or J.J., with "the polka dots" as he says when spelling his name.) 3 years old, 37 inches tall, and completely crazy. When I hear of people that have a lot of kids close together, I think, they must have good kids, because people don't have five J.J.'s! He's sweet, but he has more energy than you would think is possible, and is the most stubborn person I've ever met. He's a firecracker. He's adorable though, and he makes my heart melt with some of the things he says. He asks to go to Disney every single day. He's been 3 times already. Disneyland at 11 months and 17 months, and WDW at 21 months. He's easy to avoid getting a direct picture of, because he has these curls!

100_5774.jpg

100_8908.jpg

Here he is on his previous trips.

11 months

102_6777.jpg

102_6567.jpg

102_6555.jpg

18 months

100_2378.jpg

100_1921.jpg

21 months

100_7355.jpg

100_8881.jpg

100_7748-1.jpg

DD, aka, Sydney (or Syd). 9 months old. She'll turn 17 months on our trip. My sweet baby girl. I got pregnant with her because my dad had cancer and I wanted him to be able to spend as much time with as many of his grandchildren as he could. He died 6 weeks before she was born, and she was born on what would have been his 64th birthday. She's the easiest baby ever. Even before she was born, she wouldn't kick, she just stretched once and awhile! Mellow by nature. Good thing, because DS loves her to pieces, and never leaves her alone, he's all over her all the time. She's already walking 5-6 steps at a time and says four words! On her last trip to disney she was still in here:

101_0045.jpg

Except I was only 5 weeks pregnant at the time. But, you couldn't "see her" then! She's bigger now.

102_9421.jpg

They're best friends, even though you would think that wasn't possible when they're so tiny!

100_1394.jpg

100_5873.jpg

100_6450.jpg

Image185.jpg

Even though our trip isn't until September, we're still doing lots of planning already! Including hoping for an impromptu trip to Disneyland in June, but that's only if our current vacation plans fall through!

Yesterday we went to babiesrus to look at this stroller:

http://www.albeebaby.com/combi-twin-sport-ex-stroller-wasabi.html

because we need a double for the trip. We really loved it, so we got it online. Jay cried when we left the store because he wanted "that stroller that Sydney can sit next to me!". I told you he loves her! We looked at a bunch of other strollers when we were there, but this one had the most "growing room" for sleeping in. Even the Maclarens were shorter height-wise. Jay is short, but his legs are even shorter, so he's got a lot of height from the waist up. This one is pretty cushy, so we got the rain cover too. We learned the hard way last trip about cast members moving strollers from covered areas out into the rain :headache:, so we're not taking any chances this time. We're hoping the kids will nap in the stroller so we don't have to go back to the room. We did that last time, but I wasn't crazy about it. We never swam, because we had already spent 2-3 hours at the hotel, so we just wanted to get back to the parks!

While we were there we found this:

Little Einsteins musical missions

Which, once we put it on the $5 disney mp3 player we got on woot.com during the last woot-off, is all we will need for the plane. He loves little einsteins more than anything! I told DH that was a great find, now find something equally tiny and entertaining for the baby!

Other things that I can happily ponder 6+ months out...

TOYS FOR THE PLANE. For the baby, of course. Jay always just slept on the plane. Crazy kid, amazing flier. Not sure about Syd. Suggestions are welcome! I read somewhere that someone brought a plastic container (think, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, tub of yogurt) with a slit cut in the top and a deck of playing cards for endless "put in take out" fun which I loved!

DINING PLANS. Any good recommendations for counter service locations? I told DH I was happy with counter service as long as I wasn't eating burgers, fries, and chicken fingers all week. I definitely want to go to the poly and get some tonga toast at Captain Cooks, and the Mara at Boma for some zebra domes. If all goes well, we'll be there for the start of the food and wine festival, so we'll want to save snack credits for that!

PIN TRADING. Jay is totally into collecting little things, so this will be right up his alley. I want to get some good pins off ebay. Any seller recommendations?

AUTOGRAPH BOKS. Again, the boy is into collecting things. Should I buy one or make one? Any good suggestions for this? Things that would make it easier for the characters to sign?

SILHOUETTES. I've never gotten this done before, but I want to this time! I wish I had gotten one of DS as a baby. Trying to decide if I want to do it together or seperately. Also, does anyone know if you're supposed to tip the artist?

FIRST HAIRCUT. This will be time will tell, Jay is very attached to his hair. He says, "my curly hair is what makes me J.J.. I'm J.J. because I have curly hair! That's how it works!" so maybe just a tiny little trim. :rotfl:

PREFERRED LOCATION. We like to always put in a request for the hotel. I'm thinking maybe near the pop jets? Last time we stayed in the 90's, which was nice because we could just cut across the parking lot, and we liked the music, but DH wants to try something new.

PACKING. Not sure how to fit everything in those suitcases! I'm thinking about shipping a box down with some food or something, but I heard a rumor you have to pay a fee to accept a box now? Anyone know if that's true? It would be much easier if I could ship down breakfast and diapers and such. We're hoping to fly in on Thursday night, so we won't need everything right away.

ONLINE CHECK-IN Can anyone explain this to me? I've heard it mentioned but don't know anything about it!

CHARACTERS. I need to find Sydney some princesses and fairies! Where can I meet them? We never sought them out with Jay. Ariel's in the magic kingdom, maybe? Fairies in toontown, I heard? Princesses in Epcot? Help me with this one!

ID FOR STROLLER. I want to do something to make my stroller unique so I can find it quickly and so it's less likely to get a case of "mistaken stroller identity." Ideas?

DISNEY CLOTHES We're trying to budget lately, so this will be hard for me. I'm hoping that DS's disney clothes will still fit him (he grows so slowly, I hope so) and I can sew some dresses for DD. She does need a hat though, and DH hates bucket hats. Anyone come across a cute bonnet or baseball hat lately? We've decided for her that her favorite princess is snow white :laughing: so bonus points for that! Maybe I could figure out how to sew a bonnet for her. I'd say, "it can't be that hard" but famous last words. Plus, I don't know if she'd wear a bonnet at 17 months. Maybe too old for that?

Alright, that's enough to ponder to myself for one day!

Well, no readers yet, but I've got 6 months to lure you in! :lmao: Plus, it's fun to plan, so readers or no readers, I'll continue!

Other things we're considering!

TICKETS: We're planning on getting APs, because originally we planned on going this September and next August/September (depending if DH's cousins are coming with us), so based soley on that, it's worth it to get APs. I know you have to buy a one day pass or something if free dining comes out though, so if anyone knows about that, I'd love some details. Also, since we have the AP, we're trying to contemplate two more 5 day trips, one in February, and one in April right before Sydney turns two, so she can still fly free. You know, why NOT 4 trips in one year? :rotfl2: (I know why not, it's expensive! But, we're thinking about it!) We're also thinking about just one trip in the spring and maybe a trip at Christmas. I need Jay to see all those Santa's before he goes to school and someone spoils it for him, and since he'll be heading off to school in 2012, 2011 is our last chance! (Can't do it this year, just no money for that!)

AIRPLANE TICKETS: I need to call the airlines sometime, because the name on my license is "LASTNAME, FIRST INITIAL, MIDDLE INITIAL" and I think I have to book my tickets like that. But I also have a "passport card" which allows you to cross into Canada or Mexico on the ground and the women who work at the law library where I got it tell me I can fly domestically with it. It has my full name on it, plus DH and the kids have passport cards, so that might be easier.

FOOD: I'm waiting until we book for this, but I'll need to contact Disney's food people for allergy information. We did this last time, because Jay had corn, diary, and citrus allergies. He's outgrown almost all of them, he's got some lingering dairy issues but not too bad anymore. Sydney, on the other hand, has allergies to preservatives and nuts...she breaks out in a terrible rash when I eat them (she still is only nursing, she doesn't eat solids yet) so I can only imagine when she would eat them herself. So I have to figure that out. I've had only positive experiences with Disney and food allergies though, so I'm intrigued really, at most, about the preservatives issue. I'm not sure how that will play out with counter service, but it's seemed to get less severe with time so far, and we have a long time for her to outgrow it more. We're planning on starting solids on the day she turns 10 months (1 week from today!) so we'll see how she does. She's wanted food for MONTHS now, so she's going to be excited! :rotfl:

PASSPORTER. We're passporter addicts. A friend bought us one before we went on our honeymoon and we had so much fun writing in it every day! We've bought one for every disney trip since! Can't wait to get the new one!

COIN PRESSING. I'm debating this. We have SO MANY coins from when we did this before. When we went to disneyland we pressed coins while J.J. napped, and since he took to naps a day for 5 days...well, we have quite a few. ;) I was cleaning out a box yesterday (we moved a year ago, so we're still going through boxes, because we're slow like that!) and I found two bags full of quarters and pennies, so I thought, "well, maybe I'll use these!" Again, J.J. loves collecting little things, so this could be right up his alley.

SOUVINEERS. DH and I were discussing this. If we're really going to take 4 trips in a year, we're going to have to scale back on Souvineers big time. Between pin trading, autograph collecting, Kidcot, pennies, and maybe an epcot passport, I don't think J.J. will be begging for much. Sydney will be too little to know, and we'll just have to restrain ourselves and not buy anything until the last day or two of the trip and see where we are on "what we need to buy".

PIN TRADING (again). Anyone done this with a baby? I'm thinking back to J.J. at 18 months and he wasn't very verbal, but he totally could have "picked out" a pin. I'm contemplating getting Sydney a lanyard and putting 3 or 4 pins on it and letting her do it too. Jay will help her, and she'll be able to point, at the very least. Just so she's included. I also want to buy locking pin backs. Should I buy the disney ones that need the little allen wrench to open, or do you think that the ones that you just have to squeeze to get off would be good enough?

Alright, that's it for now, I've got pancakes to make for breakfast! But up next, things I want to make sure to do this time!

HI! I'm in WNY also!

I have the same issue with my NY license. They took it upon themselves to only put my first and middle initial (I guess my name is too long!) and it doesn't expire for 2 more years so i really don't feel like paying for a new one right now. I can tell you I've flown 2 times (DH has same prob, he's flown 3x) since the new rules and I've never been questioned or turned away because of only having my initials on my license. I always book with my full name on the tickets though. I was told at the DMV that NY changed the way the do licenses and when I renew it will have my full name on it. Just annoying!
Since you have the passport card you will be all good with how your name is on that. You can just use that for security reasons!

READERS!!! :cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Hi! :goodvibes
Can't wait to read what you're planning!

:welcome: I'm excited to have you here!

HI! I'm in WNY also!

I have the same issue with my NY license. They took it upon themselves to only put my first and middle initial (I guess my name is too long!) and it doesn't expire for 2 more years so i really don't feel like paying for a new one right now. I can tell you I've flown 2 times (DH has same prob, he's flown 3x) since the new rules and I've never been questioned or turned away because of only having my initials on my license. I always book with my full name on the tickets though. I was told at the DMV that NY changed the way the do licenses and when I renew it will have my full name on it. Just annoying!
Since you have the passport card you will be all good with how your name is on that. You can just use that for security reasons!

:welcome: It's annoying, isn't it? DH has to ID people sometimes for work when he's delivering alcohol and stuff, and he says NY is so random in how they write people's names on licenses, there's just no rhyme or reason for it. My last name is very long, but they put my first and middle initial on the next line, so there's plenty of room there to spell it all out! But I'm very relieved to hear that you've flown with no trouble, and that you book with your full name. I just don't want to hear that I can't get on my flight an hour before we're supposed to leave for disney! :scared:

Well, it's naptime here, which means I get some dis-time! :cool1:

100_6622.jpg

So, RinkyTinkyTinky's TR got me thinking. We're taking a long trip, almost 10 full days (fly in Thursday night and out Sunday night) so we should have plenty of time. Our last trip was that long though, and there was a lot that we didn't do. In fact, there's a lot that we've never done, despite having gone there a lot. That I remember, anyway. So here are the things I want to do that we've never done. (At least since our honeymoon, so "as a family". A few we've done before that.)

GENERAL
1. Pin trading
2. Silhouettes
3. Mickey head Ice Cream bar (I know, right? But I don't think I've ever had
one!)
4. Jay's 1st haircut
5. Sydney's 1st ice cream. DOLE WHIP!
6. Lots of counter service restaurants
7. Autographs
8. Disney Visa Meet-n-greet (I don't remember where this one is?)

MK
1. Country Bear Jamboree
2. The Hall of Presidents
3. Pixie Hollow (or whatever the fairy meet and greet is!)
4. The Barnstormer
5. Ride the Main Street Vehicles
6. Ride the Riverboat
7. Dress up for MNSSHP! (In 2008 we bought tickets at the last minute,
so J.J. just wore his jammies. How I envied the people all dressed up!
We have some good ideas for this time!)
8. Pooh's thotful spot (playful spot? The playground there)
9. Do they still do the paintbrushes on TSI?
10. Parades! (We only saw the one in AK last time, and the MNSSHP one. I
don't know why, we caught all the parades in DL, and loved them!)
11. Ariel's Grotto
12. Fairytale Garden (I hope Belle still reads here, anyway!)
13. Tomorrowland speedway

EPCOT
1. Honey I shrunk the kids playground
2. Kim Possible!
3. Passports
4. Kidcot
5. Fireworks (I saw about 5 minutes of this in 2008, before DS broke open a glowstick and squirted it in his eye. :headache:)
6. Food and Wine Festival, if we're there!
7. Pooh Meet-n-Greet in the UK
8. I don't even know what there is, but I know there's tons of entertainment
here! We saw a guy balancing on chairs during our honeymoon, and it was
amazing!
9. Pick-a-Pearl. I have to convince DH that this is a good idea for DD's first trip! He's trying to steer me toward one of our trips in the next year or two, so she can really join in. We'll have to wait and see!

DHS
1. American Idol
2. Meet the power rangers. Jay LOVES the power rangers. (Too much so.
He used to want to only wear pants, no underwear. Now we have the
opposite problem, he only wants to wear one specific pair of power
rangers undies!)
3. Beauty and the Beast stage show
4. Parade? HSM pep rally?

AK
1. Camp Minnie Mickey meet n greets
2. ITTBAB
3. EE (for me. On our honeymoon it was a week away from opening, and I was pregnant the next time!)
4. Kali
5. Maharajah Jungle Trek (I think this is the one. Maybe it's pangini. We've
done one, not the other)
6. The boneyard (and pretty much anything in Dino-land)
7. Flights of Wonder (maybe. I MAY be afraid of birds, I have not
decided...)
8. TriceraTop Spin

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now. That's SO much! I can't believe there's that much, and I know I have to be missing some. That is just crazy!

Actually had time to sit down and read your pre-trip report so far and the pictures are so cute (despite there being no faces!). I just love the one of Jay meetiing Winnie-the-Pooh. Adorable! That picture of both kids asleep on the bed is really cute too.

It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned to try that you haven't done yet for this trip. Just a word of warning for the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience playground - it's huge and very easy to lose track of the kids! My kids loved it though.

I can't wait to read more of what you have planned.

I'm in!! Can't wait to read all about your trip!!!

:welcome: So happy you're here!

Actually had time to sit down and read your pre-trip report so far and the pictures are so cute (despite there being no faces!). I just love the one of Jay meetiing Winnie-the-Pooh. Adorable! That picture of both kids asleep on the bed is really cute too.

It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned to try that you haven't done yet for this trip. Just a word of warning for the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience playground - it's huge and very easy to lose track of the kids! My kids loved it though.

I can't wait to read more of what you have planned.

Lol, they're not bad for faceless, right?

We haven't done any playgrounds yet! Maybe we'll start with a smaller one. DS is crazy, but he's also very shy and well behaved around strangers, so we'll see how long that lasts until he's back to his normal self!

Alright, so I lied when I said it wasn't at all top secret. It is a little top secret, but not in a good way! :scared1:

So, here's the thing. Last trip, we had a friend come with us for the first half of our trip. It was fine, but she didn't like the hotel, and it was a bit tricky finding places to eat because she's vegan, but since we were dealing with food allergies with DS, we just rolled with it.

However, DS was a little out of sorts (he's like that. He needs routine. Like, if his chair isn't in the same place it usually is, he'll freak out about it until it's put back. We blame these things on preemie issues, but who knows. :confused3 Most of the time he's normal.) and when she left he was back to his happy, usual self.

She has expressed that if we go again, she'd like to come. Now, we really love her, but I'm not sure I'd like her to go with us again. Plus, now we need both beds in the hotel room, and we're hoping for quickservice dining, so eating would be trickier.

So, I don't know what to do, and I haven't mentioned our plans to her yet.

On the one hand, I really don't want to hurt her feelings, and since we're getting APs and planning a 3 or 4 trips in the next year, I feel like it makes us jerks not to invite her.

On the other hand (the whiney, toddler hand :rotfl2:) I'm paying a lot of money for this trip, and I want to enjoy every second of it! Plus, my dad died last year and we moved into my mom's house (with my mom and grandma) to help her with the upkeep of the house and the grounds, and to help with my grandmother and watch her when my mother goes out (she has alzheimers and dementia, can't walk alone, needs assistance with umm bathroom issues, that sort of thing, so she needs 24/7 supervision, and my mom needs company and a break from time to time!). I love my mom, and we get along great, but living with other people always involves compromise. So it would be really nice to just have some "family time" with us and the kids where we can do what we want, when we want to do it. Because honestly, sometimes it's hard for all of us to be living in "someone else's house". Obviously it's "home" now, and my mother does try her hardest, but since it's been her house for 30 years, it's been an adjustment for her too compromising with us!

SO, we don't know what to do. Honestly, we go back and forth a hundred times every day. This would be the best trip to have her on, because it's the longest, and I know she wouldn't want to stay for the whole thing. And I know she just loves my kids and wants to spend lots of time with them. I'm thankful for friends like that. :lovestruc And it is nice to have someone to ride the rollercoasters with. But I really think she wouldn't have a great time, since she'll have to get her own hotel room, won't be able to find vegan food at all the places we want to eat, and we don't plan on going on "over 40 inches" rides unless DS is napping, because he's old enough to know he's being left out now. But knowing my friend, she wouldn't understand that she won't have a great time until she's there not having a great time, if you know what I mean. So it's a dilemma, and it's bumming me out!

Any brilliant ideas? :idea:

No, they're not bad faceless! Still very cute!

And in my opinion, you shouldn't tell your friend (or should get around inviting her somehow). We invited my husband's 17 year old daughter to join us for 3 days of the trip (we only see her a few days of the year so she's more of a guest to us than a daughter - sad, but that's the way it is due to many circumstances I won't get into here. More on that to come in my TR!), and his mother and stepfather invited themselves for 1 day of the trip and we both agreed that having the extra people really put a damper on those days. Even though we had a long trip, 10 days, we regret having had more than "just us".

Onto happier, less conflicted things for now! ;)

Last trip (I keep saying last year even though it was 2008, so I hope I'm not confusing anyone when I switch those up. We didn't actually take a trip last year, contrary to what my brain thinks!) we went to MNSSHP as an afterthought. Seriously, we were trying to figure out how we would see the fireworks at MK and DH said the only way that was going to happen was if we went to MNSSHP. To which I figured, we've already spent a buttload of money on this trip, so what's $100 more? :teacher: Does anyone else get to that point on vacation, or is it just me? :rolleyes1

Anyway, it turned out to be an amazing decision. It was SO MUCH FUN! And I immediately declared that if we got the chance to do it again, we would. So, we do. And this year, we're going to dress up!

Now, we took a really long walk to the park over the weekend (we didn't realize it would take so long to get there, but it did, so we got to talking!) and discussed costume ideas. There are 4 of us, and I want to go matching. We threw around lots of ideas, including the following:

1. Finding Nemo: Dory, Marlin, Nemo, and Squirt. Something about color-coded t-shirts with pictures of the character we are on them, and face paint. DH didn't find it as clever as I did.

2. Star Wars: Obi-Wan, Padme, Baby Luke and Baby Leia. DH didn't like that DS and DD aren't the same age. I didn't like that I know nothing about Star Wars and this costume would imply that I did.

3. Lilo and Stitch: Nani, David, Lilo and Stitch. DH said David was a boring costume.

4. Little Einsteins: June, Quincy, Leo, and Annie. DH said that he didn't want to be Quincy and some people find black face offensive. I told him I find black face offensive, and he could just wear the right clothes and people would get it.

5. Main Street: Barbershop Quartet, or Silhouettes. DH once again said that some people find black face offensive. :headache: I said I didn't want to be dressed all in black at nighttime.

6. My Friends Tigger and Pooh-ish: Christopher Robin, Darby, and 2 "characters". There was no good conclusion here. Would we be Christopher Robin and Darby, or would we be walking around in giganic stuffed animal suits? Dislike.

7. Spaceship Earth: We never got too into this one. DH wanted like, one egyptian, one caveman, that sort of thing. I thought it was too complicated and no one would ever get it.

8. The family from the Carousel of Progress: We really liked this idea, but we finally decided the kids are too little, since they never have babies in the ride!

9. The Lion King: Mufasa, Sarabi, Nala, and Simba. Again, plush characters. Or the shirt/face paint thing. It was a fine idea, we just weren't too into it.

10. Peter Pan: Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Wendy, and Captain Hook. DH thought it was alright, I said I didn't like being J.J.'s girlfriend.

11. Monsters Inc.: Sully, Mike, Celia, and Boo. DH loved it because he could be Sully and Jay would be a tiny Mike next to him. I said I didn't like being Jay's girlfriend.

12. Toy Story: Woody, Jessie, Bo Peep, and Buzz. DH loved it. I, again, didn't like being J.J.'s girlfriend.

13. Meet the Robinsons: Cornelius, Franny, Lewis and Wilbur. DH didn't mind it, I said DD is not a boy.

14. The fox and the hound: Old Woman, Old Man, Copper and Tod. DH said, isn't that a really sad movie? I said, DD is not a boy.

15. Swiss Family Robinson Tree House: Neither of us know anything about this book or movie, but maybe it was a great idea waiting to happen!

16. The little Mermaid: Ariel, Flounder or Sebastian or Prince Eric, Triton, Ursula. DH didn't know which one would be best for J.J.. I cursed Walt Disney for always having the mother die.

17. The rocketeer: We're a baby-wearing family, so DH wanted to be the Rocketeer and wear DD on his back as his jet pack. I didn't like this because I was not included, and nor was Jay. Well, I guess he could be MY jetpack, but neither he nor I would be happy with him being stuck on my back for 3 hours at night!

And then FINALLY (I told you it was a long walk! That's not even all of them, but it gives you a good idea!) we came up with our favorite! DH doesn't even want me to tell you, because he thinks we're going to walk into MNSSHP and they'll be like, hey, there was a family here dressed as that yesterday! :eek:

I'm going to tell you anyway.

But I'm going to make you guess for a little while first! :lmao:

I'll give you a hint. We're going as a "ride". And it's not in the MK.

Hello, hello!!! Just wanted to tell you that I made it over here. I'll have to go back and read in the morning b/c it is too late for me to be able to focus! :laughing: But I will be back! :thumbsup2

No, they're not bad faceless! Still very cute!

And in my opinion, you shouldn't tell your friend (or should get around inviting her somehow). We invited my husband's 17 year old daughter to join us for 3 days of the trip (we only see her a few days of the year so she's more of a guest to us than a daughter - sad, but that's the way it is due to many circumstances I won't get into here. More on that to come in my TR!), and his mother and stepfather invited themselves for 1 day of the trip and we both agreed that having the extra people really put a damper on those days. Even though we had a long trip, 10 days, we regret having had more than "just us".

I was at dinner at a friend's house yesterday and they were like, how long do you go without seeing her? Maybe you can just pretend you were home all week! :lmao: If only I didn't have my chatterbox of a 3 year old, I would probably think about doing that!

I do think I want it to be "just us" and it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who likes it better that way! :grouphug:

I do have some other friends that I have vacationed with before, and they might come, so I could pass it off like we planned the trip with them. They would be fine to vacation with, because I've vacationed with them before and it's kind of like we just happened to plan vacations at the same time...we see each other when we want but don't feel obligated to spend time together, and that I can handle.

I thought this was too true.

DH said this morning that this trip is turning into a "choose your own adventure book":

Who will be there?
Will they stay at our hotel?
In our room? In our section?
What if one person comes rather than the other?
How long will they stay?
What if they stay at the beginning vs. the end?
Will there be free dining or not?
Counter service or table service?
Will it be for the dates we want?
What happens if we have to move our dates and go a week earlier?
Will we see the food and wine festival, or not?
What would happen in the later week?
...and so on.

If it's a "choose your own adventure book" I hope it ends happily ever after...:flower3: :laughing:

Hey, I just read we have even more in common. My DS was a preemie! He was born at Children's, almost 11 weeks early. He's all caught up and doing wonderfully now. Only issue is a little speech delay and extreme shyness, I say it's due to being in his isolette for 5 weeks and having strangers stare at him while almost naked! :laughing:

My opinion on the friend thing is mention that you're going but not for a few months. I mean, would she really want to stay with you anyway now that you have 2 kids? That would be a tight squeeze. You can just explain that you do need some family time as a 4some now that you are living with your extended family. If all else fails just put the blame on your DH, just say he wants it to be you guys only!

Forgot to add, here's my guesses for MNSSHP:

Aerosmith?

The family that gets lost in TOT?

Muppets?

Race car drivers?

Beauty and the Beast?

Hey, I just read we have even more in common. My DS was a preemie! He was born at Children's, almost 11 weeks early. He's all caught up and doing wonderfully now. Only issue is a little speech delay and extreme shyness, I say it's due to being in his isolette for 5 weeks and having strangers stare at him while almost naked! :laughing:

My opinion on the friend thing is mention that you're going but not for a few months. I mean, would she really want to stay with you anyway now that you have 2 kids? That would be a tight squeeze. You can just explain that you do need some family time as a 4some now that you are living with your extended family. If all else fails just put the blame on your DH, just say he wants it to be you guys only!

J.J. was't early at all compared to your DS! He was born at 35w 5d, so he was pretty much fine...he had issues with nursing at the beginning and some sensory issues and stuff, and he's been late at pretty much any milestone! It's funny how he wasn't very early but he still had some issues. My cousin had her oldest at 32 weeks and he was fine. Completely fine. Just had to gain weight so he could go home, and he's never had any issues since!

I know a bunch of people who had preemies at Childrens, they work miracles there! :lovestruc So glad to hear that your DS is caught up and doing great, having a preemie is so scary. And the earlier, the scarier! I was so relieved once I got to 35 weeks with Sydney! She wasn't born until 38w 3d, which felt like it was so late since I was worried about her being early because of Jay, and then I started bleeding with her at 17 weeks which they never figured out what that was but it was terrifying since it happened on and off all pregnancy. My OB wasn't concerned, she was just like, "sometimes this happens", but that wasn't reassuring to me!

And yes, I would be shy too, those poor preemies get no privacy! :lmao:

I DO, however, like the idea of blaming DH. Interesting idea...:stir:

Forgot to add, here's my guesses for MNSSHP:

Aerosmith?

The family that gets lost in TOT?

Muppets?

Race car drivers?

Beauty and the Beast?
Good guesses, you'll just have to wait and see! (Some of those are really good ideas I never thought of though!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter