The Flash CW tv series

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
Anybody else watching Flash (and I suppose Arrow)? If so, what do you think about both series? Got an opinion on Harrison Wells?

Personally, I find both Arrow and Flash to have a few similar weaknesses. I'm not really invested in either the Ollie/Laurel or the Barry/Iris relationship.

Specifically, I'm also struggling with some of the writing/plot points with Flash. Some of the resolution to the big fights (especially the past two weeks) don't make any sense.

I have been watching both and I agree with you on the relationships:scratchin

I tried Arrow when it first came out but only lasted through two episodes.
I've watched a lot more of Flash, but I don't feel attached to it by any means. It usually sits on my DVR for a while before I bother to watch.

Arrow's season two was epic. Struggling a bit with season three and Laurel's arc. (Don't like Laurel.)

Love Felicity.

Flash is okay but a little too cutesy for me.

I've enjoyed the Flash so far. I accept that it's not supposed to be high drama so the resolutions to the fights don't bother me too much.
I think it's too easy to claim Wells is the Reverse Flash despite the evidence so far - some twist has got to happen. The relationships don't bother me, can't wait to see how they bring Firestorm in, but I find Cisco a little annoying.

I too gave up on Arrow after a couple of episodes but after the crossover show I'm kinda wishing I'd stuck with it.

Cisco actually makes me laugh, the nicknames especially. I'm also excited to see what lies ahead with Firestorm. I'm also hooked on Arrow but I'm giving Laurel's current arc a wait and see what happens.

And one question since this is driving me up the wall: was Caitlin's actress on Grimm at one point?

For the folks who gave up on arrow: I watch a lot of TV. So I don't have much patience when something doesn't grab me right away. I'm also not that big on comic book stuff. but I had a coworker whose opinion I trust assure me that arrow got really good. I ended up skipping the first seven or eight episodes and after that I got very hooked. (I went back to watch those episodes later.)

The first two seasons are on Netflix. If you only saw the first episode or two, you haven't seen everything this show has to offer, not by a long shot.

I have an idea who the Reverse Flash is....my theory (highlight to see...) I think that EDDIE is going to wind up as the Reverse Flash. I bet Iris dies at some point and Eddie blames Barry and somehow becomes the RF. But I also wonder if Wells is the one who murdered Barry's mom, if only so that Barry will still become the Flash in the future.

That said, we like BOTH shows. I gots me a crush on Ollie.

I've enjoyed the Flash so far. I accept that it's not supposed to be high drama so the resolutions to the fights don't bother me too much.
I think it's too easy to claim Wells is the Reverse Flash despite the evidence so far - some twist has got to happen. The relationships don't bother me, can't wait to see how they bring Firestorm in, but I find Cisco a little annoying.

I too gave up on Arrow after a couple of episodes but after the crossover show I'm kinda wishing I'd stuck with it.

This is how I feel, it's just too easy for Wells to be the Reverse Flash. I do enjoy the Flash, it's fun to watch. I'm not a fan of the Iris/Barry thing but I think it's mostly because the actors don't have the right chemistry for a romance. And it's kind of weird because Barry grew up with Iris. But I do enjoy the show.

As for the Arrow....I LOVE the Arrow, love it!! I was hooked by episode 2 and binge watched the first season on Netflix in just a couple of days. lol I finally convinced DBF to watch it and now he's hooked too, he watched the first 2 seasons in about a week. Arrow is easily one of my favorite shows right now, I'm not thrilled with Laurel (she is too weak to be the Canary IMO) but I'm willing to give her a little time to develop. I like Felicity, Diggle and Roy, Roy is great. haha I told DBF tonight that Felicity is lucky, she gets to chose between 2 gorgeous, rich guys....lol She needs to share the wealth. ;)

This is how I feel, it's just too easy for Wells to be the Reverse Flash. I do enjoy the Flash, it's fun to watch. I'm not a fan of the Iris/Barry thing but I think it's mostly because the actors don't have the right chemistry for a romance. And it's kind of weird because Barry grew up with Iris. But I do enjoy the show.

My DH has suspected that Wells is the reverse flash from the beginning. We did see him speed up like flash in the last episode but loose energy super fast. He also thinks he's from the future which is how he knows everything that is already going to happen... i.e which way Barry was suppose to run in the city to catch the guys on the motorcycles. (That theory sounds a little weird to me though) But it does make sense that he killed his mom so Barry would eventually become the flash.

We haven't watched Arrow but liked the episodes ok which combined the two series.

As for the Arrow....I LOVE the Arrow, love it!! I was hooked by episode 2 and binge watched the first season on Netflix in just a couple of days. lol I finally convinced DBF to watch it and now he's hooked too, he watched the first 2 seasons in about a week. Arrow is easily one of my favorite shows right now, I'm not thrilled with Laurel (she is too weak to be the Canary IMO) but I'm willing to give her a little time to develop. I like Felicity, Diggle and Roy, Roy is great. haha I told DBF tonight that Felicity is lucky, she gets to chose between 2 gorgeous, rich guys....lol She needs to share the wealth. ;)[/QUOTE

I basically feel the same way as you do. Barry and Iris have no chemistry whatsoever, and her acting is kind of wooden. Even her relationship is Eddie is off. I do love Jesse L. Martin though as Joe. Loved him in Rent, and was lucky enough to meet him while filming L&O. hes one of the nicest people i ever met.
And as for Arrow Laurel is a bit whimpy as the Canary. But Felicity so so cute with her ponytail and adorable dresses. I really like her character. I like both shows being a huge comic book geek when i was a kid, but i really enjoy Arrow more.

I watch both Arrow and Flash. Arrow is completely darker than Flash.
I also am not feeling the Barry/Iris relationship.
My prediction for the season is that Joe is going to figure out who killed Barry's mother and just before he goes to release /tell Barry's father he is going to be killed off the show. So I've been trying really hard not to invest in him for now. I really hope I'm wrong but it's the only reason I can come up with why they had Barry move back in with Joe.

On Arrow I really wanted Tommy to come back to life and be the one who saved Oliver. But I guess I was wrong.
Either way I try really hard every week to watch both shows live. And if I cant I watch as soon as possible.

This is what I think about Wells. Highlight to read:

Wells is a scientist from the future. He went back in time to create the particle accelerator, which he created to explode on purpose, in order to access radiation from an alternate dimension and give Barry his powers.

Wells needed Barry to become the Flash to stop the "Red Skies" event (aka the Crisis on Infinite Earths) that occurs in 2024 in this show's timeline. Everything he has been doing up to this point has been to train Barry to be as powerful as possible to stop this universe-ending disaster. We have also seen him kill in order to protect Barry.

Wells also has super speed, but it is failing him. He has the Reverse Flash costume in his secret room. So, the assumption is he is the Reverse Flash. Now, I draw one of two conclusions:

There are two Reverse Flashes (both from the future): Wells and another person. The other person killed Barry's mom. We see Wells and this other Reverse Flash at the same time in STAR Labs. You can see that this Reverse Flash is much more muscular than Wells, while the Reverse Flash that fights Barry in in the football stadium is slighter. The OTHER Reverse Flash is future version of Eddie Thrawne.

There is one Reverse Flash, from two timelines (both from the future): The more muscular Reverse Flash is a younger version of Wells whose speed has not yet started to fail him. He killed Barry's mother in order to get Barry to become a super hero. Both young and older Wells are a descendant of Eddie Thrawne.

On Arrow I really wanted Tommy to come back to life and be the one who saved Oliver.

One of the good things about this show is the flashbacks. We can see Tommy again in the show in a flashback. We already did once this season.

I see Flightless Duck and i are on the same general page with our Reverse Flash theories!

OK so ill admit I'm not the biggest comic book fan unless you count archie haha and sabrina manga or sailor moon, however i have my top heres that i am a fan of, the flash, spiderman

I have watched the flash since it premiered and been hooked since! i personally like the iris/barry thing its something a lot of ppl can relate to, waiting to lon then having to accept you lost them to someone else.
I've seen little of the arrow.. I'm not a fan of it the brother shows are seriously opposites in many ways, and i fall on the flash side i guess.

i assume dr wells is protecting barry, while slowly dying himself. part of me thinks he could be barry from the future, just from how he treats joe.

I'm hoping a huge twist comes out of the blue though

love caitlin and cisco, and believe felicity would be good with barry no secrets.

i see this show having potential to go far and apparently so do others as it got renewed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter