The Friar's Nook new menu

SalmonMouse

Disney addiction
I just noticed that the menu for The Friar's Nook has changed from different types of mac n cheese to different types of tots! I'm guessing this change is recent because I can't find a single photo or review. Has anyone tried the new items?

Ooh that sounds awesome. I looked at the menu on the Disney website and it looks like they probably aren't snack credits ($8.50-9.50), which is disappointing for me.

Oh my....those buffalo chicken tots are now my MK dinner plan. Are they still open "seasonally" or should they be serving first week in December?

Oh my....those buffalo chicken tots are now my MK dinner plan. Are they still open "seasonally" or should they be serving first week in December?
Well, I'll be able to tell you whether they're serving the first week of November. Because you can bet your happy hiney that I'll be there with bells on our first day - I'll sample those exact tots (and - let's face it - probably a fried Twinkie as well).

Num!

Shucks. I was looking forward to trying their mac&cheese.

Funny thing is, SO doesn't like mac but loves tots, so I guess he will now be excited to visit this place!

Yes! I am a buffalo chicken girl for sure! I'm not sure about when they close for the season? We will be there the week of Halloween, I will definitely be checking it out!

The Disney website still shows the mac n cheese, not tots. Was it changed again or am I doing something wrong?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I LOVED that mac-and-cheese ; it stopped a HANGRY Dad in his cranky tracks and made magic happen. But we also love tater tots, so... this could be an interesting adventure.

I checked the menu on MDE the other day when I first saw this thread. It had a list of $10 tot dishes. Today, though, it's two kinds of mac & cheese at $8.50 (plain) and $10.50 (BBQ chicken).

The Disney website still shows the mac n cheese, not tots. Was it changed again or am I doing something wrong?

I saw that the mac was back last night too. At the time this thread was started, they were definitely like 4-5 different "tots" items and no mac!

Oh please, please, PLEASE let the Mac n Cheese still be there. We finally tried both the regular and BBQ Chicken Mac n Cheese on our June and July trips and they were both sinfully good!! We are a little over two weeks away from our next trip and we were already salivating just thinking about it!!!

I like tots, but that sounds like a cheap replacement for mac & cheese. Yes, pasta is cheap, but cheese not so much.

It would take a boatload of toppings for me to think that a plate of tots is worth $10.

I'm disappointed it changed back to macaroni and cheese. That area of Magic Kingdom could have definitely used some more vegetarian dishes besides macaroni and cheese and I had high hopes for the Greek tots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter