The Garden Plot topic for Podcast Board DIS'ers: Share your successes and challenges!

I threw a whole lot of my freshly picked from the garden parsley into tomorrow night's dinner. Rice pilaf with chicken, carrots (from store), yellow summer squash (from a friend's garden), peas (from feezer).

Are they votes in that I should plant more pea seeds now?
I have some "peas 'n-a-pot" peas. They grow only 10" tall, produce as many peas as a larger plant. Very cold hardy. harvest in 55 days.

I threw a whole lot of my freshly picked from the garden parsley into tomorrow night's dinner. Rice pilaf with chicken, carrots (from store), yellow summer squash (from a friend's garden), peas (from feezer).
Are they votes in that I should plant more pea seeds now?
I have some "peas 'n-a-pot" peas. They grow only 10" tall, produce as many peas as a larger plant. Very cold hardy. harvest in 55 days.

Mmmm that sounds good.
I'm going to put in more wax beans. Hardy and about 45 days. When I get back from WDW I'll put in lettuce and spinach.

Today's harvest....

37524_1516946493412_1526983427_31263023_58701_n.jpg

Gosh, that harvest looks great!
I planted peas last week. Hope to see some shoots soon.
My herbs still look good.

End of July. Is there anything else I should plant?

the big fat A$$ed bunny ate my garden this morning... Someone sent me a recipe for rabbit stew... takes about 3 lbs of rabbit... I said... yeah... that's about right for him... :lmao:

My pepper plants lasted my trip to Chicago last weekend. Still nothing to harvest, but the one has a super big one. I'll take a photo when I get home tonight.

Today's harvest....

Good stuff Jen. :thumbsup2

Other than my cukes and grape tomatoes, I'm having yield issues. Had two beautiful eggplants a week or so ago but no other blossoms. Just one from each plant and I think thats it. :sad1:

My jalapeno plants are doing nice but bell pepper plants are dwarves with low yield.

Supersteak and Better Boy tomatoes are just starting and I should have plenty of those. My italian romas are still all green.

Tons of flowers on my zukes and yellow squash but slow to bear. What I have gotten is nice though.

I'm just going to have to plant more next year. :scared1:

I collected some peppers and a couple nice cukes last night. Ate them fresh with some ranch and they were excellent. I have some bell peppers that seem to have stopped, two big peppers on them a couple weeks ago that have gone no where since. Lots of banana peppers still and some nice watermelon growing on the vines.

I collected some peppers and a couple nice cukes last night. Ate them fresh with some ranch and they were excellent. I have some bell peppers that seem to have stopped, two big peppers on them a couple weeks ago that have gone no where since. Lots of banana peppers still and some nice watermelon growing on the vines.

Isn't that the best Don! Love the spicy ranch dressing with them.

My bell peppers are somewhat similar Don. I think it's the varietal and I need to do more homework for next year as to which plant to buy. In years past I've had really nice bells but forget what type I bought. :headache:

I give up. Looks like the only thing I'll get is tomatoes. STOOOPID woodchucks ate my peppers (had 3 beautiful peppers coming, too), green beans, most of the brussels sprouts. They left the basil, tomatoes, onions, and zucchini.

Thank goodness for farmer's market.

The garden is doing really well this year despite the efforts of a bunny family and a giant woodchuck:confused3

It's been tomatoes galore this week. A few peppers ,summer squash and cukes. A couple of pumpkins are orange.Winter squash is looking good. Basil is big. Melons and grapes are slowly growing. Blueberries were eaten by something. Apples are ugly. Fruit cocktail tree is great.
I can fill this bowl daily!

picking 2 of these baskets a day

Only 6 more days to my Laughing Place! The woodchuck and bunnies are going to so happy to see I've gone.

I give up. Looks like the only thing I'll get is tomatoes. STOOOPID woodchucks ate my peppers (had 3 beautiful peppers coming, too), green beans, most of the brussels sprouts. They left the basil, tomatoes, onions, and zucchini.

Thank goodness for farmer's market.

I thought you were firing up the grill for those critters? :)

DebºoºS;37588480 said:
The garden is doing really well this year despite the efforts of a bunny family and a giant woodchuck:confused3

It's been tomatoes galore this week. A few peppers ,summer squash and cukes. A couple of pumpkins are orange.Winter squash is looking good. Basil is big. Melons and grapes are slowly growing. Blueberries were eaten by something. Apples are ugly. Fruit cocktail tree is great.
I can fill this bowl daily!

picking 2 of these baskets a day

Only 6 more days to my Laughing Place! The woodchuck and bunnies are going to so happy to see I've gone.

Deb your veggies are unbelievable. Not even a skin blister on any of the tomatoes. :goodvibes

And love that little veneer (if that's what you call it.) basket with the cherry tomatoes.

Enjoy your trip!

This is what Deb picked last night before I got home. Summer squash is huge (should have been picked a couple days ago). Some cukes are odd shaped but still good.

Photo0487.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter