The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Hmmm... do you known if you would have been able to get one after 9:00 but before 11:00? I'm really curious about that.

So take this scenario.

Let's say AK opens at 8:00 and HS opens at 9:00. I have AK reservations and plan to hop to HS.

So at 7:00 a.m. I get a Kilimanjaro Safari's booking for, say 8:30. I tap in and try to book Tower of Terror - according to your experience, that won't work.

But what if I wait until 9:05 to try ToT? It seems like that should work according to the rules.

If not, however, I'm assuming that I certainly could at 10:30 - i.e. two hours after I tapped into Safari. Is that true?

I'm thinking it would be at least somewhat advantageous because I assume you get waves of HS bookings at 7:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. With the above strategy, I'd be a half hour ahead of "the wave." I couldn't get more bookings (either way I'd only get three) but I'd be somewhat more likely to do OK at my third HS booking (i.e. better time or better availability).

Is that right, or am I off target?
Yes, if I'm remembering correctly after I tapped into Navi I was able to make a LL for MK. That was after 9am and before 11am.

We normally take an afternoon break on our MK day leaving around 1pm and returning after dinner, between 5-6 pm. Park hours for 6/15 are 9am - 10pm, with early entry at 8:30am which we will utilize. The current plan is try for Jungle Cruise for our first LL and $LL SDMT at 7:00am. Assuming we get those at times that don't conflict with our break, should we book the next LL based on return times before our break or should we book based on priority regardless of return times? I am having such a hard time wrapping my head around this!

We normally take an afternoon break on our MK day leaving around 1pm and returning after dinner, between 5-6 pm. Park hours for 6/15 are 9am - 10pm, with early entry at 8:30am which we will utilize. The current plan is try for Jungle Cruise for our first LL and $LL SDMT at 7:00am. Assuming we get those at times that don't conflict with our break, should we book the next LL based on return times before our break or should we book based on priority regardless of return times? I am having such a hard time wrapping my head around this!
I think it depends on what your priority rides for your group are. Our priorities two weeks ago were headliners, so we went with the stacking strategy- I picked the ride we wanted with the furthest out time first, then worked my way back. For example, during lunch, I booked PP which was already at 8 pm, the furthest out. 2 hours later, I picked Big Thunder for 7, then the furthest out. Repeat. This worked out well for us.

On Saturday 4/16 we had an LL for Pirates at 530-630 which converted at 530 to a multi experience anytime LL since Pirates was down. It could not be used for PP, Jungle, Space, 7D, or character meets. Since I had noticed that Pirates had been down for a few hours, I refreshed and booked another LL for Pirates with a return time of 630. it let me since my first LL for Pirates was converted so it doesn’t think I am booking the same ride twice.. Sure enough Pirates was still down at 630, and I got another anytime LL. So now I have 2. We used them for Big Thunder (which we had already ridden as an LL earlier) and Small World. Booked another Pirates LL for 10 pm. At 10 got another LL which was good for any park (did have slot of ride exemptions though) and it could be used the next day! Unfortunately we weren’t going to any parks the next day, so it wasn’t as valuable as it could have been. The take home point is if you see a ride down for a lengthy time, try booking it to get those multi experience LLs.

Last edited:
On Saturday 4/16 we had an LL for Pirates at 530-630 which converted at 530 to a multi experience anytime LL since Pirates was down. It could not be used for PP, Jungle, Space, 7D, or character meets. Since I had noticed that Pirates had been down for a few hours, I refreshed and booked another LL for Pirates with a return time of 630. it let me since my first LL for Pirates was converted so it doesn’t think I am booking the same ride twice.. Sure enough Pirates was still down at 630, and I got another anytime LL. So now I have 2. We used them for Big Thunder (which we had already ridden as an LL earlier) and Small World. Booked another Pirates LL for 10 pm. At 10 got another LL which was good for any park (did have slot of ride exemptions though) and it could be used the next day! Unfortunately we weren’t going to any parks the next day, so it wasn’t as valuable as it could have been. The take home point is if you see a ride down for a lengthy time, try booking it to get those multi experience LLs.
Whoa, this is a monster "hack" that could be super useful if used correctly. Wondering if this was a one-off type deal for the day you went or a common loophole that kinda flies under the radar.

I think it depends on what your priority rides for your group are. Our priorities two weeks ago were headliners, so we went with the stacking strategy- I picked the ride we wanted with the furthest out time first, then worked my way back. For example, during lunch, I booked PP which was already at 8 pm, the furthest out. 2 hours later, I picked Big Thunder for 7, then the furthest out. Repeat. This worked out well for us.
This is what we have done too. If you can do one early, like JC around 10 AM and then start booking one every 2 hours after that you can usually get 3 or 4 good ones with return times in the 5-7PM range.

If you use early entry you can do a couple of headliners before the return for JC and then try to get others for the late afternoon or evening.

Whoa, this is a monster "hack" that could be super useful if used correctly. Wondering if this was a one-off type deal for the day you went or a common loophole that kinda flies under the radar.
It just depends on if the ride keeps breaking down after they have it fixed... They wouldn't open it back up for LL unless they expected it to be up and running again, so I would guess this is more rare that they added it back to the LL pool twice after break downs without it being fully fixed/on track.

It just depends on if the ride keeps breaking down after they have it fixed... They wouldn't open it back up for LL unless they expected it to be up and running again, so I would guess this is more rare that they added it back to the LL pool twice after break downs without it being fully fixed/on track.
Ok, yeah this makes more sense, otherwise I feel like this would've been a much bigger deal if it was a more repeatable hack.

I’m not sure. The ride was down from about 3-4 pm and never opened back up with a park close timing of 11. We even got a push notification on the app apologizing for Pirates being offline for an extended period of time and that they were working hard to get it back up and running. But something potentially similar could be done for outdoor rides when you know there is severe weather around.

I did the same thing with TSM back in March. It went down during our time so got a multi experience pass (we used it for MFSR). Managed to book it again and it went down again. My girls really wanted to ride it so we used it for that when it came back. The next time we were back at HS I couldn’t get MMRR but TSM was available. I booked it (hoping it would go down since it had earlier in the day) and we got lucky so got to ride MMRR 🙂

We would do this with FP+. We would also always book TT at Epcot as our tier 1 FP+ since it goes down more often than soarin.

It seemed in the beginning the consensus was that G+ wasn’t worth it for Epcot. With frozen now an option, do people think it is worth it now?
I keep reading that it seems like G+ is best at Magic followed by HS. Might change though now with Guardians...

Has anyone noticed if the ILL drops have been shifting around more in the last week or so? In looking at Thrill Data, it seems like the Rise 7:17 drop might not be as predictable any more? After the initial 7 AM drop, today's data in looking at Rise & Remy point to a couple of drops at 7:15 and then at 7:25. Anyone been noticing something similar? Going in a few weeks and I've been trying to keep up

Has anyone noticed if the ILL drops have been shifting around more in the last week or so? In looking at Thrill Data, it seems like the Rise 7:17 drop might not be as predictable any more? After the initial 7 AM drop, today's data in looking at Rise & Remy point to a couple of drops at 7:15 and then at 7:25. Anyone been noticing something similar? Going in a few weeks and I've been trying to keep up
Yes. It’s been inconsistent the past few days. Here are some observations from earlier on this thread:
I noticed again today that there weren’t as many times for ROTR at 7:17 as there usually have been. The first return times that showed up were a little later and they didn’t last that long.

But, at about 7:20, earlier times appeared (starting at 8:30 AM) and lasted longer.

So, the last two days, the window that had been opening at 7:17 has been opening around 7:20.
I was helping someone at Epcot today and noticed the same thing with Remy. There were two “mini drops” around 7:10 and 7:17 but less options and they went quicker. The big drop we’re used to didn’t happen until closer to 7:25. Sorry, didn’t note exact time when it started (confirming things) but there was still lots available at 7:25.
Took a look at thrill-data, and it looks like that has happened the last 4 days.

I've been watching ROTR and it seemed to have a decent drop of times at 7:23. Didn't last for long, but hopefully long enough to grab one and speed through the checkout process.

This is what we have done too. If you can do one early, like JC around 10 AM and then start booking one every 2 hours after that you can usually get 3 or 4 good ones with return times in the 5-7PM range.

If you use early entry you can do a couple of headliners before the return for JC and then try to get others for the late afternoon or evening.
Yes, this is almost exactly what we did. We don’t like JC so we got an early LL for Splash, did early entry and hit Space and Buzz, then started stacking for the 4-8 pm range after using our first LL around 10 am.

Yes, this is almost exactly what we did. We don’t like JC so we got an early LL for Splash, did early entry and hit Space and Buzz, then started stacking for the 4-8 pm range after using our first LL around 10 am.
How long did it take to ride both space and buzz? I’m assuming you did these one right after the other at Early entry.

Currently here at Disney now and want to thank everyone for their tips and advice. Other than having to pay $15 for safari (toddler couldn’t last to try to grab any more times), we’ve been able to use Genie+ well at MK. It really was worth the $15/person for our family to avoid line meltdowns with our two year old. I also managed to grab a Remy ILL$ by watching the clock on my watch to know when to refresh. Got the time I wanted (no time pushback!) and when I looked again after I checked out, it was sold out for the day already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter