The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Please tell me if I understand this correctly.

I decide I'm going to hang out at AKL and watch animals all morning.

7 am: book G+ for PPF at 1 pm.
7 am: book ILL$ for MMRR at 5 pm.
11 am (assuming MK opens at 9): book HM for 1:30 pm.

At this point, do I have to wait until either 1 pm or I've tapped into PPF in order to make another selection at either MK or DHS?

Every time I think I've got a handle on this I read another post and realize I have no idea what to do!

And am I being overly optimistic that these times would even be available?

My plan is to try to use G+ and ILL$ as a way to avoid RDing every day. After my trip in May, I'm RD'd out.

On Monday, stacking worked effectively at MK.

AT 7:00AM I booked PP with a return time of 10:10. We road several rides standby with little wait upon arrival. At 11:00AM I booked a second LL (I forget which one or time). At 11:01 we scanned into PP and I booked a 3rd LL. For the rest of the day, we had 2 LLs booked at a time and used it for BTMR, Splash, HM, JC and Buzz.

Please tell me if I understand this correctly.

I decide I'm going to hang out at AKL and watch animals all morning.

7 am: book G+ for PPF at 1 pm.
7 am: book ILL$ for MMRR at 5 pm.
11 am (assuming MK opens at 9): book HM for 1:30 pm.

At this point, do I have to wait until either 1 pm or I've tapped into PPF in order to make another selection at either MK or DHS?

Every time I think I've got a handle on this I read another post and realize I have no idea what to do!

And am I being overly optimistic that these times would even be available?

My plan is to try to use G+ and ILL$ as a way to avoid RDing every day. After my trip in May, I'm RD'd out.
You won't be able to get LL times at your 2nd park with return times before 2:00 when hopping starts.

AT 7:00AM I booked PP with a return time of 10:10. We road several rides standby with little wait upon arrival. At 11:00AM I booked a second LL (I forget which one or time). At 11:01 we scanned into PP and I booked a 3rd LL. For the rest of the day, we had 2 LLs booked at a time and used it for BTMR, Splash, HM, JC and Buzz.
Perfect, thats exactly what I want to do also. No, what i will do in a few days time. I figure if your there at opening, you dont need the LL early. And if you wanted to you can redue your favorites later.

Is there a specific amount of time you have to tag in on the LL? I noticed you had 10:10 but it was over 50 minutes later that you tagged in. I thought it was a more limited time frame?

Does anyone else think the stacking is a loophole that Disney unintentionally created? I feel like someone coded it where after you tap into a ride, you are always eligible to make a new G+ selection, without considering fact that someone might have just booked a G+ using the 2 hour rule. You shouldn't be able to make 2 bookings so close to one another. My guess is someone just screwed up and this will get changed at some point. Maxpass didn't work this way (though had 90 minute rule, which would've made this even more powerful).
You couldn't stack with maxpass?

That makes sense. At 11am you’d have to pick a LL return window beyond 1:00. Then at 1:00 you could stack a second. So long as effective LL returns are available that would work. What will ultimately save more time in line is the question…..having a 3rd stack afternoon/evening in Park 2 when lines might be longer, or using G+ for a couple hours at open of Park 1 when lines might be shorter?

I am confused. Why would you have to choose a return time after 1? My understanding is that the return times are random, so they could be closer than that

You won't be able to get LL times at your 2nd park with return times before 2:00 when hopping starts.
Thanks so much. Just so I understand this, will I be able to purchase ILL$ at park #2 at 7 am if it's for a time after 2 pm?

I am confused. Why would you have to choose a return time after 1? My understanding is that the return times are random, so they could be closer than that
Pick/choose a return after 1 is bad terminology on my part. What I should have said is refresh until you find a ride you want that offers a return time after 1. You are correct, you can’t pick a return time of your choosing. That doesn’t mean you can’t finagle your stacks, if you can get suitable LL times to offer up.

Hi all- question for daily purchase of Genie+ on select days during a trip in a couple days.
I have 3 groups going together that have 5 different MyDisneyExperience accounts.
Can I purchase Genie+ for all of them if we are linked together in MDE? OR does each account holder have to do it?

Same question for reserving lightning lanes. Sister's room has 2 minors that her account controls plans of, so I am confused on what I am able to do.

Thanks!!

I'm trying to catch up on this thread, but wanted to ask a question. I have a 2 day park hopper trip planned plus 1 day where we just have the xmas party thing. Its just 2 adults. The plan is Ak/HS on one day and MK/Epcot on the other. Or should I switch and do AK and Epcot on the same day? Thoughts on the best strategy utilizing both single rider line and G+? Since it's just the 2 of us I don't mind paying for the fancy rides if I need to I just have no idea what order I should attack lol. We are staying at the Hilton in DS so we do have early entry but can't book anything until parks open.

Hi all- question for daily purchase of Genie+ on select days during a trip in a couple days.
I have 3 groups going together that have 5 different MyDisneyExperience accounts.
Can I purchase Genie+ for all of them if we are linked together in MDE? OR does each account holder have to do it?

Same question for reserving lightning lanes. Sister's room has 2 minors that her account controls plans of, so I am confused on what I am able to do.

Thanks!!
I'm not sure about purchasing, but for reserving you should be able to reserve a G+ reservation time for anyone you are linked to. So if you can make a dining reservation and include them, you should be able to reserve a G+ LL selection.

Same for ILL$ with the caveat that you (or they) can only make reservations at 7AM for people that are on a resort reservation, so make sure each person is on a resort reservation as well. If you are making an ILL$ after park open, it doesn't matter if they are on a resort reservation.

Keep in mind that the friends and family linking process seems to be one of the more unreliable of the Disney IT processes, but I believe that is how it should work.

Also remember that you can purchase anytime after midnight for a day. So you should be able to coordinate purchase before you need to make selections
if necessary.

Yes this is exactly how it worked. It was ridiculous and fantastic. We never had to jump from area to area (except once to get to Pooh but that was partly intentional since we then worked our way back for BOG).
I doubt it will stay in this current format for long, but as of right now it is a gold mine of ride access.

edit: I took a few screenshots early on just to help myself plan. You can see where after I did splash we booked Pirates, then later I had already booked Pooh and pan and was working on deciding my third LL when I took the screenshot. Small world was going up very slowly so I ended up waiting on it at that time.
I am still so confused by this. I don't know why, but dang

Here now trying Genie+. We don’t hop and felt we really didn’t need it until later in the day. We’re staying onsite so were able to get into HS early. When I say early, we walked onto Rise at 7:50, 40 minutes before our actual early entry. We rode Rise and Smugglers before 8:30. Next, did standby for MickeyMinnie then TSM. My son rode StarTours while I took a break at Baseline and made our first LL for ToT. He did single rider for RnR Then we headed to ToT. Made a 7:55pm LL for SDD then headed off to Savi workshop and H&V for lunch. We are taking a break right now back in the room. Since we made the last LL at 1:00, we were able to book a Smugglers LL for 7:10pm. Forgot to mention we bought a Rise LL and it went down during our return time so we are able to use it tonight when we return. The park closes at 9 and we have Oga’s at 9:30. So, it’s going to be a busy night

Here now trying Genie+. We don’t hop and felt we really didn’t need it until later in the day. We’re staying onsite so were able to get into HS early. When I say early, we walked onto Rise at 7:50, 40 minutes before our actual early entry. We rode Rise and Smugglers before 8:30. Next, did standby for MickeyMinnie then TSM. My son rode StarTours while I took a break at Baseline and made our first LL for ToT. He did single rider for RnR Then we headed to ToT. Made a 7:55pm LL for SDD then headed off to Savi workshop and H&V for lunch. We are taking a break right now back in the room. Since we made the last LL at 1:00, we were able to book a Smugglers LL for 7:10pm. Forgot to mention we bought a Rise LL and it went down during our return time so we are able to use it tonight when we return. The park closes at 9 and we have Oga’s at 9:30. So, it’s going to be a busy night
That's great that you got onto Rise and MFSR before 8:30. I'm pretty sure they were holding people until 8:30 recently to even get into that section of the park (or any sections of the park). My daughter had to wait at a RD until 8:30 to get to the Sunset Blvd rides just last week.

Has anyone figured out if there are additional “drops” throughout the day for particular rides the way there used to be with FP+?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter