The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Curious how those of you with early entry and extended hours in MK have planned your day... Definitely would prefer not to get ILL for 7DMT, but do we go in morning or evening? Any other rides that are better in am vs pm or vice versa?

1. What if instead after I book LL #1 with a return window of 930-1030
    1. I Book #2 at 10 (120 rule),
    2. Book #3 10:30 (LL #1 Exp),
    3. Use #1 at 10:35 (grace period). Can I immediately book #4?
Its unlikely for things to work out as simply as #2 but if it does and it works I get 4 LL by 10:30 instead of having to wait until around noon.

That doesn’t work, because you can’t use both the 120 minute reset and the expiration reset. They’re actually the same rule. More here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...egy-only-thread.3857056/page-50#post-63517569

has anyone gotten a second LL through Genie+ for the same ride?
I know they say you can't re-ride with Genie+ but just curious if anyone has actually tried and what happens.
thnx

Just remember, if all you want is to purchase an ILL$ for Remy, you do not have to pay the $15 for Genie+. Genie+ is for the Genie+ LL rides like Soarin’, Frozen, etc. if you think you might want them, wait until you arrive and can check Genie to see if the Genie+ LL rides you want are still available. You can buy Genie+ then and book them.
I agree! I was there yesterday and wish I wouldn’t have gotten genie plus for Epcot. It was a huge waste of money. We got our boarding group right at 7am and then everything was walk on for early entry. Wish I would’ve waited like you said….. today at MK though, we used genie plus a ton.

I had a concern earlier today. I have not yet added Genie+ to my tickets for our Christmas week trip. Genie+ itself doesn't sell out to the point you can't even buy it right?!

Curious how those of you with early entry and extended hours in MK have planned your day... Definitely would prefer not to get ILL for 7DMT, but do we go in morning or evening? Any other rides that are better in am vs pm or vice versa?
This is a decision you have to make. If you don’t have EMH it isn’t worth it to try to rope-drop 7DMT as the line is already 90 mins+ by the time you are let loose. This pretty much applies to Peter Pan as well as that ride tends to fill up quickly from those who are disappointed with how fast 7DMT filled up. If you do have EMH on the other hand, you can rope drop but you have to be there early so you aren’t stuck in the crowd. I’d make sure you look at Robo‘s maps and the early entry thread here so you know where you are going.

EEH was more helpful than EMH since only Deluxe Resorts +DVC are a smaller subsection vs all Disney resorts for EMH. I found the lines dropped off the closer to the end of EEH. 7DMT was 40 mins at 9:10pm, it was 20 mins at 10:55pm. So you can make good use of the EEH if you stay to close.

That said, I found the best time to ride 7DMT was during the fireworks show. I was able to ride 7DMT 4 times in a row between 7:50pm and 9pm. The best part was being on 7DMT while fireworks were exploding all around us. That made the ride even more memorable.

Either EMH or EEH can get you what you want, just a matter of how you want to plan your day. Add in the fireworks gap and you have 3 good opportunities to enjoy 7DMT with lower lines without using ILL$.

I had a concern earlier today. I have not yet added Genie+ to my tickets for our Christmas week trip. Genie+ itself doesn't sell out to the point you can't even buy it right?!

I would doubt it. I imagine you can always get a Lightening Lane for Muppets and Journey Into Imagination.

EEH was more helpful than EMH since only Deluxe Resorts +DVC are a smaller subsection vs all Disney resorts for EMH. I found the lines dropped off the closer to the end of EEH. 7DMT was 40 mins at 9:10pm, it was 20 mins at 10:55pm. So you can make good use of the EEH if you stay to close.

That said, I found the best time to ride 7DMT was during the fireworks show. I was able to ride 7DMT 4 times in a row between 7:50pm and 9pm. The best part was being on 7DMT while fireworks were exploding all around us. That made the ride even more memorable.

Either EMH or EEH can get you what you want, just a matter of how you want to plan your day. Add in the fireworks gap and you have 3 good opportunities to enjoy 7DMT with lower lines without using ILL$.
Amazingly helpful, thank you!!

This is a decision you have to make. If you don’t have EMH it isn’t worth it to try to rope-drop 7DMT as the line is already 90 mins+ by the time you are let loose. This pretty much applies to Peter Pan as well as that ride tends to fill up quickly from those who are disappointed with how fast 7DMT filled up. If you do have EMH on the other hand, you can rope drop but you have to be there early so you aren’t stuck in the crowd. I’d make sure you look at Robo‘s maps and the early entry thread here so you know where you are going.

It was still packed at firework time when we went. TBH, it was packed at all times. We skipped it. Not woth an hour or more in line. That may be the one ride you should buy the LL for. We did have good position for RD one day, but that day it was broken down on opening. We roped dropped, PPF , and went to smallworld, after that HM is open, then BTRR, splash, pirates, and used the genie for 11 am JC.

has anyone gotten a second LL through Genie+ for the same ride?
I know they say you can't re-ride with Genie+ but just curious if anyone has actually tried and what happens.
thnx
The only time this works is if your ride breaks down during your return time and before you go. You'll get a recovery pass and you're able to rebook the same ride for a different LL time, according to posts from early on in using Genie+

It looks like all LL’s and ILL$ in Hollywood studios for rides were gone by about 1:00 PM today. That does not seem sustainable as Disney returns to normal crowd levels. Are they till selling and pushing genie for casual guests who come into the parks int he afternoon and don’t know that they need to wake up at 7 am to grab a fastpass for 7 pm? They need to increase the number of LL’s given out.

It was still packed at firework time when we went. TBH, it was packed at all times. We skipped it. Not woth an hour or more in line. That may be the one ride you should buy the LL for. We did have good position for RD one day, but that day it was broken down on opening. We roped dropped, PPF , and went to smallworld, after that HM is open, then BTRR, splash, pirates, and used the genie for 11 am JC.
We had a crowd level of 3 on TP for MK when I was able to ride so easily during the fireworks show. So yeah if it’s busy like the holidays, probably best to consider ILL$ On those days.

It looks like all LL’s and ILL$ in Hollywood studios for rides were gone by about 1:00 PM today. That does not seem sustainable as Disney returns to normal crowd levels. Are they till selling and pushing genie for casual guests who come into the parks int he afternoon and don’t know that they need to wake up at 7 am to grab a fastpass for 7 pm? They need to increase the number of LL’s given out.
Wow! We were so frustrated when this happened to us a few weeks ago. I reached out and let them know how it impacted us with no response back (yet, I guess). I totally feel for anyone there today. Disney needs to do something to improve this situation...to me it's totally unacceptable. Can't imagine how it's going to be the week of Thanksgiving

Now that you have the basics down, there are some more advanced ways to potentially make this better for you. There is basically a 'hack' that can allow you to start your stack earlier but requires careful management and timing. Same example, park with a scheduled 9AM open.

At 7AM, get G+ for ride A with return time 9-10AM.
At 10AM , your window has expired, so before tapping into ride A, make a another selection for Ride B. This is allowed since the rules are:
Tapped in and used your existing G+​
120 minutes since you made your last or​
your Ride A expired.​
Ride Ride A with G+ before your 15 minute grace period is up at 10:15.

You now have two selections stacked at 10AM instead of waiting until your two hour 11M window. I doubt this is the way Disney intended this to work but it does.

This works only if Ride A has an earlier enough return time to make it worthwhile. For example, getting a return time of 9:30-10:30 only gets you a 30 minute headstart on your stack.
It also requires you to carefully manage your morning to make sure you don't miss your grace period window. If you do, there is a heavy penalty. The system will have considered that ride selected and used whether you rode it or not since it expired. Therefore you will not be able to select that ride again.

Things get a little more complicated if you intend to park hop but that should cover it for staying in one park per day.
For rides with 2 tapstiles in the LL do you have to be through the 2nd one within the 15 mins?

Did the post-window 15 minute grace period get reduced to 5 minutes in the past week?

Best video I've seen for stacking.
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2DdC9U/
The key would be how do you try getting SDD for 11 without missing out all together?

this would work for any ride if you wait for an 11 time slot

BUT like mentioned on a really busy day at HS all LL can be gone by 1..

so is it better to forgo stacking at HS and get earlier than 11 return times..

Hummm

Last edited:
Can my party board separately with LL if all were booked under the same time window? For example, if 2 people stay behind to watch a child, can those 2 people ride a few minutes later (provided they are still within the booked time window)?

Can my party board separately with LL if all were booked under the same time window? For example, if 2 people stay behind to watch a child, can those 2 people ride a few minutes later (provided they are still within the booked time window)?
Yes, they can. No worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter