The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Frozen hasn't been selling out until mid-morning this week (probably will be even later after this holiday week is over), so definitely try for the Remy VQ first.

We are headed to Epcot next weekend. I have a 4 year old obsessed with frozen and my favorite movie is Ratatouille.
I am fine missing everything else in Epcot if we can get both if these. Which one should I go for first? The virtual Remy or Frozen? I will pay for Ratatouille if needed but prefer not to.
Probably Remy VQ first. However, the waits can be 30-45 minutes with VQ. We waited less than 10 when we bought it. We did it both ways. Thrill data shows that FEA didn’t sell out until about 10:30am. They don’t show data for Remy.

We are headed to Epcot next weekend. I have a 4 year old obsessed with frozen and my favorite movie is Ratatouille.
I am fine missing everything else in Epcot if we can get both if these. Which one should I go for first? The virtual Remy or Frozen? I will pay for Ratatouille if needed but prefer not to.
Definitely grab Remy first. Frozen doesn't sell out instantly.

Probably Remy VQ first. However, the waits can be 30-45 minutes with VQ. We waited less than 10 when we bought it. We did it both ways. Thrill data shows that FEA didn’t sell out until about 10:30am. They don’t show data for Remy.

That’s good to know, thanks! We have a super short trip so I might just pay for Remy if it gets us through quicker.

HS Is a huuuuuuuuuge money sink if you do Genie+, $LL and a droid or saber.

$107 ticket
$214 saber
$16 genie+
$24 for 2 LL
$30 food (and that’s conservative)

You’re at almost $400 pp/day

But if like me, doing it up like that (all in) once or maybe twice in a lifetime the $16 starts to feel
insignificant in the big picture

100% it is, but it made our HS stay so nice. Was able to sit around and relax, have lunch, have a starbucks, while we waited for our times. Made even better by the fact that all of the standby lines for the big rides were massive.

Yes go for Remy first. Got Remy VQ with no issue, still had to wait an hour, but so be it.

Frozen won't sell out until later. Out of the 3 days i was at Epcot last week, two of them, Frozen was still available at Noon.

Paying for it definitely gets you in faster. When we were there last week we waited less than 5 minutes and passed a very long VQ line outside. I think they take the ILL people in a higher ratio just like any ride.

Dont know if you are staying deluxe, but we did the extended hours and watched the fireworks from Norway (not the best view for the projection stuff but we didn’t care). Went right to frozen and walked on—by the time we got off the line was to China

On magical express. I booked this morning on MCO WiFi. No issue getting Remy, or frozen.. when I went to book my first genie I got an error message but went right back in and got the same available time for soaring. I can book again at noon but my return time is before that.

Does the 2 hour clock for making a LL reset when you tap in? Just wondering if it’s possible to continue to make LL res every 2 hours once you start turning them in.

for example. If I made res at 7am, 11am, and 1pm.. and my first LL return is at 2-3 (with the other two being at say 5-6 and 6-7) and I tap in at 2:30.. can I make one at 3 since that is 2 hours from when I made my last res?

Does the 2 hour clock for making a LL reset when you tap in? Just wondering if it’s possible to continue to make LL res every 2 hours once you start turning them in.

for example. If I made res at 7am, 11am, and 1pm.. and my first LL return is at 2-3 (with the other two being at say 5-6 and 6-7) and I tap in at 2:30.. can I make one at 3 since that is 2 hours from when I made my last res?
Yes but you seem to only be able to make them on the 2 hour mark and not at any time right after tapping in.
Edited because I misunderstood the question.

VL line was waaay longer than ILL purchase. But this was day before Thanksgiving…

it was like that when we were there on Sunday, the 14th too.

We hopped to Epcot so the VQ wasn’t an option, but I would happily pay $11 to have a time of my choice and not have to wait in the long VQ line.

Really debating buying G+ for MK tomorrow. We only plan to be there until around 1pm before hopping to Epcot. I am trying to read Thrill Data but I am afraid all of the return times will be too late for us.

Yes but you seem to only be able to make them on the 2 hour mark and not at any time right after tapping in.
Edited because I misunderstood the question.

Darn. Was hoping the 2 hour clock would only reset based on last time a res was made. If you stacked some for an afternoon it really means it will be hard to make another one once you start turning them in until you’ve turned them all in.

Darn. Was hoping the 2 hour clock would only reset based on last time a res was made. If you stacked some for an afternoon it really means it will be hard to make another one once you start turning them in until you’ve turned them all in.
I think thats the point of the system. IMO Disney would prefer people to only have 1 LL at a time. The 2 hour rule is a compromise cause the know there isn't enough attractions to truly make Genie+ work. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they eventually limit stacks to 2 only. It would open availability a lot more.

So here is the deal with Epcot so far:

at 7am I booked $LL for frozen and Remy and Genie+ for soarin.

my soarin and Remy overlap. (1105-1205)

on paper it would make more sense to go scan into soarin and ride first so I can make another genie+ choice. However I'm currently (10:15)sitting down to have crepes in France. Also genie+ Options right now aren't much past 11.. so it doesn't make sense to walk accross the park just for that reason. I did test track already- first car of the day single rider- sooo.I think if you use $ILL and early entry you do not need genie for Epcot. I'll probably be able to book as I go a bit today.. we will see.

Looking for some guidance to maximize my Genie+ selections (EPCOT reservation/Park Hop to HS - staying offsite). I understand I can make 1 non-$ILL selection at 7am. If I make that selection for HS for late afternoon (if possible given time available), do I understand this correctly in that I can't make another LL selection until 1pm (2 hours after EPCOT Park open since that's my reservation)? Or can I make another at 11am at HS (2 hours after HS park opening)? The only reason I booked EPCOT was an attempt to ride REMI which now seems almost impossible unless I change other day reservations JUST for REMI which I'm not doing. Our flight takes off at 7:05 which really complicates things (gonna try for REMI VQ 1st at 7am) and we don't expect to be in EPCOT until closer to 2pm so can't get VQ at 1pm. Thanks for any replies.

Looking for some guidance to maximize my Genie+ selections (EPCOT reservation/Park Hop to HS - staying offsite). I understand I can make 1 non-$ILL selection at 7am. If I make that selection for HS for late afternoon (if possible given time available), do I understand this correctly in that I can't make another LL selection until 1pm (2 hours after EPCOT Park open since that's my reservation)? Or can I make another at 11am at HS (2 hours after HS park opening)?

Unless things change, you will be eligible to book your next LL at 11am. The 120-minute rule begins for the park opening in which you booked your first LL.

We did the same thing a few weekends ago. Had EPCOT park reservation, but was eligible to book our second LL at 11am because our first LL was for an attraction in HS.

Short tik tok on refreshing.
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2fAGbE/
I think if you are in the parks on a super duper busy day and LL are out.. you could use this method by pinning what you are hoping for and refresh refresh refresh.

also living by Disney reports that in DHS even though early entry is technically 30minutes- they are regularly opening rise and galaxy's edge an hour early. I still think my strategy is to early entry rope drop SDD - use indivual lightning lanes for rise and MMRR- and to make my first genie+ for TT.

I think it's worth it to get to HS EARLY.- 90 minute before official park opening.

The question is.......... what time does SDD open? If you arrive and they open GE at 8am, is that where you need to be? unless you are behind the pack.

Unless things change, you will be eligible to book your next LL at 11am. The 120-minute rule begins for the park opening in which you booked your first LL.

We did the same thing a few weekends ago. Had EPCOT park reservation, but was eligible to book our second LL at 11am because our first LL was for an attraction in HS.

so.. given the first was at HS could that second one at 11am be at Epcot even though it has a park open at 10?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter