The Genie Usage, Tips and Strategy ONLY Thread

Unless things change, you will be eligible to book your next LL at 11am. The 120-minute rule begins for the park opening in which you booked your first LL.

We did the same thing a few weekends ago. Had EPCOT park reservation, but was eligible to book our second LL at 11am because our first LL was for an attraction in HS.
Thank you!

so.. given the first was at HS could that second one at 11am be at Epcot even though it has a park open at 10?
I would guess yes, you would be able book your 2nd one at Epcot, although I personally have never tried that.

Got it. Thanks. I had heard coming into this week prior to the capacity crowds you were able to do both, so I was wondering how that was working out with the peak crowds. I figured it would be unlikely.

I was able to get SDD early on Black Friday. Refreshed 3 times till time said 7:55 pm (we wanted evening hours). Confirmed and time came back as 2-3 pm which didn’t work for our party. Went on to next step and bought LL for RoTR at 8:10 pm. It was almost sold out at 7:01-7:02ish.

I ended up cancelling SDD looking for another later, no longer available. Ended up getting MFSR at 7:10, all this by 7:04. Super hectic :/

Last edited:
Questions about buying ILL$ for ROTR at 7am. From the videos I've watched, when buying an ILL$ you:
1. select the attraction from the tip board
2. choose the hour to search in
3. choose your preferred time

Does any of this matter with how quickly ILL$ go for Rise? Do you select the earliest time available and take whatever the system assigns you? Or does it reject the time you select if that time is no longer available, putting you further behind? Thanks.

Ok. So doable, but tight. I’m actually looking at doing the same thing for my travel day - shoot for an evening SDD (wait about 10-15 seconds - refresh - book) and RoTR. If miss SDD then just grab MFSR after RotR.

Been tracking the SDD and they seem to go within 30 seconds this last week. I expect it about the same on my travel day (day before Easter Sunday).

What is the time amount from when your reservation is until you need to ride? Example splash mountain at 940. When is the latest I can get there

What is the time amount from when your reservation is until you need to ride? Example splash mountain at 940. When is the latest I can get there
15 minutes late, so 9:55.
A 9:40 reservation for Splash Mountain is officially an hour-long reservation (it 'll say 9:40-10:40 on MDE), but the system will allow you to tap in up to 5 minutes before or 15 minutes after that (9:35-10:55).

How quickly is rise selling out on the busy days? Is there enough time grab both SDD as well as Rise?

Too fast this week, especially if you want daytime times. If you end up having to enter a passcode sent to your email, then it’s a no go. If you can have 2 people signed into the same MDE account, that works better. Be sure the account owner buys the ILL, since the passcode email goes to their account. Usually, it’s better to do the Genie+ first, since everyone has access at 7am. Only resort guests have access to ILLs at 7am. However, DHS is a special beast:rolleyes:

Questions about buying ILL$ for ROTR at 7am. From the videos I've watched, when buying an ILL$ you:
1. select the attraction from the tip board
2. choose the hour to search in
3. choose your preferred time

Does any of this matter with how quickly ILL$ go for Rise? Do you select the earliest time available and take whatever the system assigns you? Or does it reject the time you select if that time is no longer available, putting you further behind? Thanks.
I haven’t seen that buying it this week. It fave us our selected time, even after waiting to get the passcode email.

How quickly is rise selling out on the busy days? Is there enough time grab both SDD as well as Rise?
If you're willing to chance it, buy RotR right at 7 and then refresh at 7:10, around 7:11 or a few seconds after, SDD should re-add some expired times. I didn't watch this morning, but yesterday, they'd last about 2 minutes and would come up several times over the hour until they were officially gone. The first couple times this happened, it went through several available time slots. No guarantee you'll get one, but if you do fine one it'll probably be an Mid-afternoon to evening time. Also, It'll be easier to grab if you don't take a different LL that you'd have to cancel.

Alright. I'm sitting waiting for Harmonious
Here was my Epcot day with individual lightning lanes and Genie+

At 7am I booked Remy (11:05-12:05) frozen (1245-145) and soarin (11:05-12:05)

I was on the first bus to Epcot. I early entry rope dropped the single rider line at test track. On and off very fast.
Then went and had sit down meal at the new crepe place (10/10 recommend)

Then the day went like this:

Remy right at 11:05 (the VQ line was massive.. I waited about 10 mins)
Soarin LL - booked figment after 2nd scan in
Figment LL- didn't book anything after this. All return times were right away except test track has ran out.
ate some food
Frozen $LL- got right on
Fiesta - 5 min wait
Saw Mickey - I was the only one there. I don't think a lot of folks know he is meeting in Epcot.
Bought Popcorn bucket
Hotel break took a Nap
Back to park around 545

the next 3 LL I just booked as I walked to the ride..
Mission space LL (didn't need it- standby was 10 mins)

Space ship earth LL (standby 20 mins)

Stop and stare at the new spaceship earth lights

Living land LL - this was dumb but hey I paid for it lol. Standby was 5 mins.

that's it for the day! Genie probably helped most with Soarin and figment. I would have been fine without it but like I had said before I added it to my whole ticket.. the majority of the crowd rope drops test track. So I think if you do have Genie for Epcot but won't be in the lead pack-I would book test track first. I also had the advantage of being solo and using Single rider.

Last edited:
Is there any data regarding ILL for Remy and when they are selling out? I can’t have my phone at work so I’ve been unable to Check periodically. I’m hoping to be able to buy one at 11 (staying offsite, hopping to Epcot)

Too fast this week, especially if you want daytime times. If you end up having to enter a passcode sent to your email, then it’s a no go. If you can have 2 people signed into the same MDE account, that works better. Be sure the account owner buys the ILL, since the passcode email goes to their account. Usually, it’s better to do the Genie+ first, since everyone has access at 7am. Only resort guests have access to ILLs at 7am. However, DHS is a special beast:rolleyes:

I haven’t seen that buying it this week. It fave us our selected time, even after waiting to get the passcode email.

what is the need h go or a passcode? Is this with every ILl$ purchase?

Does the 2 hour clock for making a LL reset when you tap in? Just wondering if it’s possible to continue to make LL res every 2 hours once you start turning them in.

for example. If I made res at 7am, 11am, and 1pm.. and my first LL return is at 2-3 (with the other two being at say 5-6 and 6-7) and I tap in at 2:30.. can I make one at 3 since that is 2 hours from when I made my last res?
I believe the others answers you got are wrong. You can always make a new reservation no later than 2 hours after you made your last reservation. You can make it earlier if you tap into a ride and don't have any other outstanding reservations but tapping in to anything should have no effect on when your next reservation window opens. (The change that was recently made was that tapping in used to OPEN a new window even if you made a reservation less than two hours ago. But the change did not make it that a window reset to 2-hours, it just doesn't open a new window at all and keeps your prior window - unless you have no other pending reservations).

(EDIT - the answers may not have been wrong because you asked the same question twice but phrased it so that the answers would be different because of your phrasing so not 100% sure when someone answered "yes" which of the two questions they were answering).

Is there any data regarding ILL for Remy and when they are selling out? I can’t have my phone at work so I’ve been unable to Check periodically. I’m hoping to be able to buy one at 11 (staying offsite, hopping to Epcot)

thrill-data should have this info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter