The Girl Cave

StarTunnel

Does not compute.
This here is The Girl Cave, the headquarters for all questions girls have about friends, fashion, and ummm.. all that good stuff. It's also a good place to disscuss any problems you may have in your life when you need advice from other girls. I thought this may be a good idea for a thread, because there will be a better chance of your questions getting answered if there is a specific place for the questions. So my question to you guys is, what are some good face mask ideas for oily skin? I'm breaking out lately and the only thing that clears it up so far is the sun, and I've been feeling nasty lately so I've been inside. Are there any face mask things I can make to try and clear it up, NOT including things like Proactive and Clean and Clear?

welllllllllllll i like the proactive face mask. it really helps, it got rid of all my blemishes... how come you won't use that?

I use the three step- acne free clear skin treatment. It's from nuetragena or however you spell it! also, every morning, I put on this moisturizer stuff that has vitamin E and SPF 15.... This also helps with breakouts........ Hope this helps!!!! :)

welllllllllllll i like the proactive face mask. it really helps, it got rid of all my blemishes... how come you won't use that?

I've tried proactive, and my skin just didn't like it. I'm not sure why it didn't but I would put it on my skin, and I would wake up with the zits reddened and kinda tender to touch. The same thing happens when I try tea tree.:confused3

Neutrogena has a really good Rapid Clear product line that has been extremely effective on my skin. I use the toner and lotion and it does a fantastic job at reducing the redness.

Also, an apricot facial scrub (Wal-Mart has their own brand of this. If I recall correctly, they have a few varieties for different types of skin) really helps, but it's a tad more aggressive and so it works best if used every other day.

I've tried proactive, and my skin just didn't like it. I'm not sure why it didn't but I would put it on my skin, and I would wake up with the zits reddened and kinda tender to touch. The same thing happens when I try tea tree.:confused3

I think you should try Skin ID then, since they have treatments just for your skin type. And DO NOT use neutragina or clean and clear, my friend has skin similar to yours- it sounds- and it made her skin so much worse it was reallllllllllllllly bad.

Sorry, guy invasion I know but I gotta agree with Sara... your skin sounds a lot like min and nuetragina did horrible things to my skin. Avoid it

Agreed, use something for more sensitive skin. :thumbsup2
I gotta question for everyone, I know that back to school shopping is coming up soon, and was wondering where you guys shopped...? I'm looking for places that have nice clothes, but aren't ridiculously expensive like some name brand clothing... which I like, but once again they are really expensive...

Thanks Everyone...! :goodvibes

Agreed, use something for more sensitive skin. :thumbsup2
I gotta question for everyone, I know that back to school shopping is coming up soon, and was wondering where you guys shopped...? I'm looking for places that have nice clothes, but aren't ridiculously expensive like some name brand clothing... which I like, but once again they are really expensive...

Thanks Everyone...! :goodvibes

Forever 21 and Delia's are really great stores!

Sorry, guy invasion I know but I gotta agree with Sara... your skin sounds a lot like min and nuetragina did horrible things to my skin. Avoid it

:scared1: We've been invaded!!! Eh, who cares, as long as your fine with talking about girly stuff! ;)

And thanks for the suggestions on skin stuff, my skin is like, olive toned (it's common in people of French or Mediterannian descent) and it definetely has its negatives and possitives. I don't burn, but my skin can get nasty.

And I love Forever 21, or Discovery. And hey, even though it's geared at younger girls, Justice can have cute (but crazy expensive) clothes.

AND DON'T FORGET: Marshall's, Nordstroms rack, or TJ Maxx. Those stores are like my headquarters. I get Ed Hardy, Juicy Couture, and Coach there for dirt cheap. I even got some cute DO brand furniture. Be sure to check them out!

:scared1: We've been invaded!!! Eh, who cares, as long as your fine with talking about girly stuff! ;)

And thanks for the suggestions on skin stuff, my skin is like, olive toned (it's common in people of French or Mediterannian descent) and it definetely has its negatives and possitives. I don't burn, but my skin can get nasty.

And I love Forever 21, or Discovery. And hey, even though it's geared at younger girls, Justice can have cute (but crazy expensive) clothes.

AND DON'T FORGET: Marshall's, Nordstroms rack, or TJ Maxx. Those stores are like my headquarters. I get Ed Hardy, Juicy Couture, and Coach there for dirt cheap. I even got some cute DO brand furniture. Be sure to check them out!

Haha I can do that... and I know I got some skin traits from my french side... its horrible.

By the way, for anyone else that has oily skin, try buying a cucumber peel off mask, totally peels off the dead skin. I love them, but I can't always get my hands on 'em. And just about an hour ago, I mixed together some hot honey and lots of table, and kosher salt, and made my own honey scrub. I guess salt exfoliates all the junk off, and honey seals in all your natural moister.:confused3 I used a medium sized thick make-up brush and brushed on the mix while it was still hot (but not burning) and while it cools, it kind of gets harder and sticky, and it feels like it sucks all the junk outta my face. I can usually see the effects of a product pretty soon after I use it and this seems to be doing okay. Not the best, but okay.

Oh thanks you guys...! I never have even been to some of those stores...! :goodvibes

I don't break out very often, but I use Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit wash for my face. I see no changes, but it keeps my skin clean, and I loved how Clean&Clear felt on my skin when using it. Though considering your skin type, I'd avoid it.

Another tip to avoid acne is to stop wearing makeup. Most makeup has a lot of nasty oils in it and can really bug sensitive skin, though I usually don't wear makeup unless it's for a theatre production. But I'm sure that they have some hypoallergenic makeup that you could use.

I don't really wear makeup, so my skin is pretty clear. But, I use a Benzoil Peroxide cleanser and some Neutrogena toner. My mom took me to a determatoligist, even though I didn't really get bad breakouts. They gave me some face wash and lotion, and even though it is pretty mild, it works so good for me. The Neutrogena stuff helps, too. If you really want to put a stop to it, that really helped me.

See I do wear quite a lot of makeup, because it helps absorb the excess oil on my face. I wear neutrogina mineral powder, honey colored, when I should wear beige. I wear it dark because my face is lighter than the rest of me. I've tried benzoil peroxide and it does the same thing as tea tree, makes my break out spots tender and red.

So here's a new survey/question. How do you tan? Do you try to stay out of the sun? Do you burn easy? Are you fair or olive skinned? Just some random questions that will hopefully lead to some good advice!

I don't tan, not intentionally. I'm probably in the minority of people that enjoy being pale. It just seems easier to maintain my natural fair skin than dry and tan it.

To each their own, though.

I don't tan, not intentionally. I'm probably in the minority of people that enjoy being pale. It just seems easier to maintain my natural fair skin than dry and tan it.

To each their own, though.

I don't tan just to get tan either. I do it to try and keep my skin clear. The sun dries up my acne, plus I'm of French descent so I'm pretty tan already. My sister thinks the same way you do. She has a "peaches and cream" complection and she loves it, so she tries not to tan.

I burn extremely easy, so it's not worth it to try to tan when I may burn, I don't mine being pale either so it doesn't really matter. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter