• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Give a Day Thread~Share Your Experience

We did our volunteering on Sunday at the MS Walk in Annapolis, Maryland. We manned one of the rest stops during the walk. It was extremely well-organized and a beautiful day to have a walk. Our DS9 even got pom poms to cheer on the walkers and loved handing out the waters and granola bars. We enjoyed it so much, and I think it was a great opportunity for our son to feel good about volunteering. He's in his third year of cub scouts and loves doing things to help others.

We've already told the director we'd love to help again next year. Got our vouchers this morning. My husband and I are probably going to use ours for fastpasses and our son wants the figurine with pins.

I just completed my volunteering today. We volunteered to direct traffic at a state park for a 5k walk they were having. The girl in charge said we needed to go to the Disney site and mark it somewhere that we completed our volunteering and then they would contact her to verify that we actually completed it. I can't find anyplace on the website where I would let them know that we completed our volunteering, does anyone know where I need to go to do this or was she mistaken? I just hope she isn't sitting around waiting for someone to contact her when she's supposed to make the initial call. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I just completed my volunteering today. We volunteered to direct traffic at a state park for a 5k walk they were having. The girl in charge said we needed to go to the Disney site and mark it somewhere that we completed our volunteering and then they would contact her to verify that we actually completed it. I can't find anyplace on the website where I would let them know that we completed our volunteering, does anyone know where I need to go to do this or was she mistaken? I just hope she isn't sitting around waiting for someone to contact her when she's supposed to make the initial call. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

uh-oh, I may be mistaken here,but I am pretty sure she is suppose to contact them when you've completed it. My DD and I did work at our local state park and the guy in charge marked us off his list to show we were there,then he said when we were all done he'd fill out the appropriate stuff and when Disney got it we'd get our email saying it was complete. I did get it and have the email to print out our vouchers to get the tickets. You may want to contact her back and tell her she needs to let Disney know the ones that completed their time...

uh-oh, I may be mistaken here,but I am pretty sure she is suppose to contact them when you've completed it. My DD and I did work at our local state park and the guy in charge marked us off his list to show we were there,then he said when we were all done he'd fill out the appropriate stuff and when Disney got it we'd get our email saying it was complete. I did get it and have the email to print out our vouchers to get the tickets. You may want to contact her back and tell her she needs to let Disney know the ones that completed their time...

That's what I thought, thanks so much.

Well I thought I would update on our status. We did Project Linus in January or February. There we 8 of us and we were told our blankets were part of a huge effort sent to Haiti after the earthquake.

Today my DD17 is at Disneyland and got her free one day ticket. We go to WDW alot so this is her first visit to DL.

We were unable to print our vouchers due to a system glitch but she had no problem getting her ticket. She was verified with ID in the computer and right now she is there, hopefully having a wonderful time!!

The rest of us will be using our GAD for fast passes in WDW for our OCT trip. I hope every one is having a wonderful experience with this GAD program and thanks to Disney for a great opportunity!

I signed up for the GAD ASAP and volunteered mid January (the coldest day of the year here in Florida) the temperature that day was barely above freezing, at an animal rescue the following week I was at Disney enjoying a day for free, temps that day were in the mid 70's,:yay: it was awsome, it was one of my favorite trips!

I loved my experience. The kids were great!! And we had a easter egg hunt!! I would do it again and I printed my voucher that next week!! Woot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter