Earning My Ears
The Cast:

Ron (32)
Beth (31)
Dreu (8)

Dates:

January 13-21

Day4

My plan worked! We could barely hear our neighbors this morning, yahoo lol! I have no idea why we can sleep through loud boat horns and not children. We slept in until 8am and all felt much better!

Today is Universal but first we head to breakfast. Today we decide on Perkins. I have to say that I’m LOVING having a car here. Breakfast is delicious and we wish we had a Perkins at home. When we lived in OH we ate there all the time but now in MA we’re Perkinsless lol.

We valet park at Universal again. We had bought 2 day passes so just go straight to the turnstiles. Our first ride is The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera. Very fun!! It is such fun for Ron and I to see the cartoon characters we grew up with still popular, we’re glad that it’s a memory we can share with Dreu and he can understand. Anyhow sorry for that tangent... the ride surprised us! It’s a more wicked than we had anticipated it would be, a fun surprise!

We head to Twister next. We are concerned about Dreu going on this since it says PG 13, we are having flashbacks to when we made Dreu go on Alien Encounter and didn’t know what it was about. We ask the Universal employee to tell us a bit about it and he tells us it’s just a show he’ll be fine. We decide to do it. All the pre-shows and signage make it sound like it will be this big intense thing. It wasn’t, lol. It’s not any worse than the Earthquake attraction in CA was. Ron and I were disappointed, we were psyched for something really cool and it was pretty lame.

Kongfrontation is fun, especially the effects. Our tour guide at Jaws was FANTASTIC! Another fun thing from this area in general was in the queue line, there is a sign that says Bearskin Neck and that’s in Rockport where we live. Across from the ride is a fisherman statue. I believe this is meant to mimic the fisherman memorial in Gloucester, the town next to ours. Dreu got a kick out of all this stuff and can’t wait to show the kids at school pictures.

At MIB we’re made to put everything into a locker, even our waist packs. I’m not real sure why since there are holding nets on the ride. This ride is fun. Ron kicked our butts again, BIG! I still think he cheats, lol. He stinks at video games at home so I’m not sure why he’s good at these, lol. He got 197,000 while Dreu and I only got around 45,000. Ron loves this and deems it better than Buzz Lightyear, Dreu says it’s equal and I vote for better but I still like Buzz too. We bought our picture here on disk.

After claiming our stuff from the locker we get to see the MIB charachters and take pictures. We take a break to arrange our stuff and the best part of our day happens. The nicest Universal employee comes up to us and asks if we have any birthdays in our group. We don’t and say so, he says oh well I’m going to give you this anyhow. It was a skip to the front of the line pass! It was good for each ride 1 time, YIPPEEEE. After we thank him forever, lol we head out to take advantage of it. We have used the morning version with the multi-day ticket but we had even less wait since we were really one of the few to have it.

We use our new golden pass at Back to the Future and waltz right in while the masses wait in line. This is one of Dreu’s favorite things at universal, he loved it in CA too. We could see the other cars but don’t remember being able to in CA. Very fun.

ET was my favorite movie when it came out, I cried and cried. I love this ride. I think the scenary is great. Dreu does the playland nearby and raft slide. He doesn’t want to leave but we decide after 20 minutes that it’s time.

Our final ride at Universal is T2. Dreu was big leary of this one, he is the one to have flashbacks to Alien Encounter this time lol. Again it’s rated PG-13 but Ron wants to see it and is determined to drag Dreu and I along with him no matter who’s scared, lol. Ron and Dreu really enjoyed this show. I really don’t like the Terminator movies so this just doesn’t do anything for me.

We haul butt after T2 to get to Nickelodeon for Slime Time Live at 4. Poor Dreu has been begging to come to Universal just for this forever! There is a big sign up that says starting Jan.1 the show is live Monday - Friday 4-6 or something similar to that. Well Monday thru Friday EXCEPT this week according to an employee, the show isn’t until Friday. Dreu is about in mental meltdown. He is really good about accepting disappointments and changes of plans. Poor kid, his heart was broken. His eyes welled with tears and he just couldn’t grasp why the sign said it would be happening. He didn’t cry but poor thing was so disappointed, it took him a few minutes to bounce back.

We decide that we’ve done everything at Universal and decide to go to IOA for a bit. We had very few lines at Universal today and it was GREAT! On the way to Universal we decide to eat, we settled on NBA. I had some weird wrap thing that I didn’t care for, Ron had pizza, Dreu a hot dog and we shared a chicken quesadilla which was excellent.

At IOA we used our magic pass at Spiderman, zip up to the front of the line. COOL. We loved the ride again, very fun. Turns out that IOA closes at 6 so we just walked around and took pictures of all the things we missed getting yesterday.

On the way home we decide to stop at Goodings to get pop and a few snacks. We’ve been eating and drinking out of the honor bar and I’m starting to think I’m going to get a nasty surprise wtih a $200 bill, lol. Back at the hotel I do a couple of loads of laundry. The clothes we wore to IOA the other day were still NOT dry, that’s how wet we got on the water rides there, lol!

We watched the fireworks at Epcot and now at 1am are laying here jamming with the dance hall music. I think we have the perfect location here, we couldn’t have had a better view anywhere else here!

Tomorrow is a free day, maybe Celebration and tomorrow night is the Villain’s Dinner.

ºoº Beth ºoº

Taking a break from reality, goin' to see the M ºoºuse!

Yacht Club January 13-21, 2001
Polynesian 11/00
Disney Wonder 11/00
Disneyland Hotel 5/00
Disney Pacific 5/00
Contemporary 2/00
Port Orleans 2/00
http://glasmann.com/disney
http://glasmann.com/disneycruise:

Yesterday which was Tuesday I believe, lol I'm losing track of my days! The lines were pretty much non-existent . Even if we wouldn't have had the pass for the last 1/2 the day we wouldn't have waited in line for anything over 10 minutes (and that would have been the longest).

Sunday we did IOA and the lines were for the most part small. The flyers and Spiderman had the longest lines. The lines were long at those all day though just periodically. Most of the day rides were walk ons. Things got a little busier in the mid-afternoon and then again in the early evening.

ºoº Beth ºoº

Taking a break from reality, goin' to see the M ºoºuse!

Yacht Club January 13-21, 2001
Polynesian 11/00
Disney Wonder 11/00
Disneyland Hotel 5/00
Disney Pacific 5/00
Contemporary 2/00
Port Orleans 2/00
http://glasmann.com/disney
http://glasmann.com/disneycruise:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter