The Goodys are going back to Disney! Update:Page 19 & Checklist added!

Help us decide... Where should we stay and why?

• Contemporary

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Beach Club

• Polynesian

• Port Orleans Riverside

Results are only viewable after voting.
I LOVE the A-Z Disney book! What a great activity for Myles. I love that you can get so many great ideas from the DIS. You do the most creative things with your kids. :thumbsup2

Just stopping by to say hi :wave2:

I don't remember if I only lurked on your TR or ever commented and I can't find it now to look it up, but in case I never left word on the TR you just completed I thought I'd introduce myself!! :goodvibes

I'm Ann---I found your PTR through ChicagoShannon's PTR. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at all of your pictures. It looked like you, DH and your two DSs had a fantastic time.

I don't remember what picture it was but I thought it was your youngest DS' face when he was about to see Goofy? Pluto? One of them. It was the cutest thing ever and so classic---hold onto that photo forever!

Anywho, looking forward to reading this PTR...count me in!! :banana: :banana:

I love the A-Z idea, I'm totally stealing it too! Emily can write Emily, Daddy, Momma and Williams. she loves writing her letters and would love to do that activity! Maybe Mike should do it too, his handwriting is horrible!!:lmao:

I love the A-Z idea, I'm totally stealing it too! Emily can write Emily, Daddy, Momma and Williams. she loves writing her letters and would love to do that activity! Maybe Mike should do it too, his handwriting is horrible!!:lmao:

Poor Mike :rotfl2: That is great that Emily can already write all that stuff!!! Girls are so smart... having boys, they are so much slower at that kind of stuff.

Just stopping by to say hi :wave2:

I don't remember if I only lurked on your TR or ever commented and I can't find it now to look it up, but in case I never left word on the TR you just completed I thought I'd introduce myself!! :goodvibes

I'm Ann---I found your PTR through ChicagoShannon's PTR. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at all of your pictures. It looked like you, DH and your two DSs had a fantastic time.

I don't remember what picture it was but I thought it was your youngest DS' face when he was about to see Goofy? Pluto? One of them. It was the cutest thing ever and so classic---hold onto that photo forever!

Anywho, looking forward to reading this PTR...count me in!! :banana: :banana:

Oh thank you and thanks for reading along! I love that picture too- I think you are talking about Owen's face when he saw Pluto!

I LOVE the A-Z Disney book! What a great activity for Myles. I love that you can get so many great ideas from the DIS. You do the most creative things with your kids. :thumbsup2

aww- thank you- it's so fun... and a good way to pass the LONG wait until we can go back to Disney!

Woo Hoo I am here. I loved your last report. I love the way you and your DH seem to enjoy everything you do together. DH and I are so much like that. His friends do not get how he could possibly like going to WDW every year. But I hunt with him, we enjoy the beach, anywhere the 3 of us go on vacation we have a great time.

I voted for Beach Club just because that pool in the summer looks like a great place. Also, because of its location to Epcot. DH loves Epcot so we usually go at least 2 times if not more every trip. Cant wait to hear more.

My 2nd choice would be Poly or AKL.

thank you!! I was just reading some of your trip report last night. I need to read some more today!! I was really enjoying it.

We watched Taken today.

Did you do any research last night about renting points?

I didnt get much research done on DVC yet... What did you think of Taken? I got that Brad Pitt Movie- Benjamin B- but didnt get to watch it yet. I really would like to see What Woman Want - with Drew Barrymore but my DH will not watch that one with me. :rotfl2: I will have to wait for another night when he goes out.

I enjoyed Taken but I like all those thriller/suspense type movies. We saw Benjamin B. last week. I thought it was just ok, but I know other's loved it!

So I have to admit, I stole this idea off someone here on the DIS! I thought it was a great idea, and something my boys would really get into. They use this idea as a countdown when you get to 26 weeks left until your trip, but because our trip is so far away, we are just doing it because it will be fun.

Here are the details....

IMG_2614.jpg

DISNEY A-Z

I made a book that is titled "DISNEY A-Z", In the book, I put blank pages and lettered them each A-Z.... On each page we will practice writing that letter, think of as many characters that start with that letter, we will name the rides at Disney that begin with that letter and lastly, Myles will print out pictures from the computer of characters with that letter and Myles and Owen will color them in and Myles can practice cutting them out. We also keep one name of a character on the top of the page and practice during the week spelling it and writing the letter and the characters name.

IMG_2612.jpg

Ok.... so for this week we begin with the letter A. - Our special character that we will spell during the week is ANDY and AL (Myles wanted two this week)

a-z004.jpg

For Rides: Astro Orbiter, and Aladdin Magic Carpets

Characters: Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin and Abu, Ariel, Al and Andy from Toy Story, Abby Mallard (Chicken Little), Alfredo Linguini (Ratatouille), Anastasia (Cinderella), Am (Lady and Tramp) Auto Pilot (Wall-E)

a-z003.jpg

I thank our fellow DIS member for such a neat idea!

Awesome!! We've had so much fun with this 26-week project.

Glad you and your sons were able to take the idea and make it your own. Nice to see such a big smile on his face while he's "learning".

I took this quiz and got Perdita!

http://family.go.com/community/quizzes/who-is-your-inner-disney-mom-qz/

Your Inner Disney Mom Is Perdita from 101 Dalmatians

Whether you are mom to one, 15 or 99, there is more than enough room in your heart for all. You are always around to listen, to offer advice and to give plenty of hugs and kisses. You are an incredibly loyal friend and partner, and can always sense when there's trouble (you've been known to start a Twilight Bark or two). Your kids sometimes might call you a "worrier," but you are just trying your best to protect them against the world's evils — or DeVilles, as the case may be.

I took the quiz too!

My Inner Disney Mom Is Tess Coleman from Freaky Friday You and your kids have so much in common, people often ask who is the parent and who is the child. You're always up for having fun, playing games and bonding over pizza, ice cream and a good movie. You are very proud of your kids, and want to make sure they enjoy being young. Their friends confide in you and you know more about what's going on at school (like who has a crush on whom), than any other parent. You might take a fashion cue from the teen magazines rather than the "grown up" ones, but your motto is: "I'm only as old as I feel."

I took the quiz too!

My Inner Disney Mom Is Tess Coleman from Freaky Friday You and your kids have so much in common, people often ask who is the parent and who is the child. You're always up for having fun, playing games and bonding over pizza, ice cream and a good movie. You are very proud of your kids, and want to make sure they enjoy being young. Their friends confide in you and you know more about what's going on at school (like who has a crush on whom), than any other parent. You might take a fashion cue from the teen magazines rather than the "grown up" ones, but your motto is: "I'm only as old as I feel."

you sound like the "cool mom"- I sound like the "naggy mom".... LOL :rotfl2:

:surfweb: alright all caught up from the first page... I just need to say.. Your photos were absolutely beautiful of Owen. Don't they grow up so fast?

I love, LOVE the idea of the Disner A-Z. Even if "borrowed":laughing: from another diser, I think thats a great way to keep kids interested in a countdown and be educational all at the same time.

I Vote for AKL.

Loved your TR, and had to come over here and see what was going on with the planning! I think I am going to vote for the Beach Club, because that's where I'd pick out of your list if I thought I could swing it. We will be staying at POFQ in Nov, which will be our first MOD (ASMovies both times before). I'm super-excited for the boat to DTD!! And inhaling powdered sugar from the beignets (sp)! :laughing: Oh, and having a fridge in the room!

I took the quiz, too, and I'm another Perdita. ;) Love her!

I took this quiz and got Perdita!

http://family.go.com/community/quizzes/who-is-your-inner-disney-mom-qz/

Whether you are mom to one, 15 or 99, there is more than enough room in your heart for all. You are always around to listen, to offer advice and to give plenty of hugs and kisses. You are an incredibly loyal friend and partner, and can always sense when there's trouble (you've been known to start a Twilight Bark or two). Your kids sometimes might call you a "worrier," but you are just trying your best to protect them against the world's evils — or DeVilles, as the case may be.

I got Perdita also.

The funny thing is that the description does sound just like me.

Hi Nickie! I've been MIA but I'm back for the moement. Love the A-Z book. I'm having the same dilemma about resorts but I think we're going back in May again. Joe and I have talked it over and I really hate to pull both the girls out of school for a week to get free dining. School starts the day free dining starts here. :headache: Anywho, I'm back and looking forward to planning along with you. Have a great weekend!

Hey Nickie!! Have you come any closer to making a resort decision? I think we will definitely be renting points at either BLT or BCV unless there is another great offer like the 4/3 deal. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear about some more plans!

Hey, Nickie & Wayne,:flower3:
OK! all caught up!
I vote:
1. Port of Orleans
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge
3. Poly

I'm a frugal type person and although my dream is to stay at the AKL w/the Savannah view, I have a hard time letting that money go when I know I love POFQ. Just would not do the value (might have to try the POP- only if I am paying for the older kids again!) I like to use my money for the extras and fun...;) I do like Wendy's idea of renting points; I plan to check into this whenI have a chance/after that guy told Danny about his this last time I had planned on checking into this (just leary)...

Ashton is being very quiet today and just wants to be left alone...I think he is afraid that I will rebandage his wound (I will have to at bed time--its so sad to take that thing off--his skin is soooo sensitive...)

Sorry, back to your report...love the book you started; I WILL def have to start that. Ashton and the girls should love that, I just have to redo it to cater to a three year old a little more... can't wait for the Disney nights to start back up... I think we are going to start once a month and go from there...but, we already watch a movie a night w/Ashton--we are doing Wall-E, Chichiuaua (spellling) nightly at the moment!!!:laughing:

Love the pics of the babies...
I love baby pictures and memories...

About your B-day party situation; you sound like me. I was thinking of going to the New Orleans aquarium w/Ashton on the day of his B-day 7-21 and having a small cake for the family that weekend. We have the problem that we have three other children in the same week as him; I get partied out by the end of that and I would rather spend the money on him than a party. I guess having the older two I am partied out and would rather spend on one really nice gift than have a bunch of small toys around...
Enjoyed following you in previous reports...look forward to following along this go round... we are trying to decide when we want to return...remember Danny agrees to every 5 years and he has agreed to going back in 2010:yay:
now WHEN do we go; Mardi Gras or first week of December. I really want to see it for Christmas but don't want to wait THAT LONG...:laughing:
Just finishing up on my TR may wait a little before I start a another PTR...but, you never know...I"M ADDICTED...:rotfl2:what can I say...:hippie:

Think I covered all that I missed...
Connie

OH! I know what I missed: I took the quiz you're in good company I'm:
:laughing:

We love to stay at AKV we love all the animals. I can't wait to stay at Bay Lake Towers where you can watch the fireworks from your room. Yes renting points is the why to go to try it out. Depending on when you go the points are not much. September 1st - 30th for a value studio its 8 points per night for Sun-Thurs and on Fri and Sat. its 16 points per night but a total of 72 points for the week. Ten dollars a point is 720.00 not to bad for a deluxe hotel.

So this weekend Myles developed a fever. We called the Dr. and they said over the phone that he probably has H1N1... I was panicked and was like "WHAT!!!!??" - they really said that it is NOT a big deal-that he needs fluids and rest. They were not even going to see him. Well, today Wayne stayed home with him and took him to the Dr. He has Strep Throat and H1N1- Swine flu!!!!!! My poor baby- I am scared for him- but it's crazy how relaxed the Dr. is - and how much they keep stressing this is NO big deal! It feels like one to me though! :scared:

Myles is a healthy little guy; so, he will be fine...they say it is just another strain and is hard on people w/health conditions...did they test him for the strain I thought it took a few days for the test results on that strain...

Try and relax and treat it like any other resp. infection; you and Myles will be fine...sending you and Myles and the other guys lots of:grouphug:

Hope he feels better real soon and the rest of you don't come down with it maybe lots of vit C and lysol wipes and spray, chicken soup...:hug:
:flower3:

I'm glad you took him in. Poor little guy. :( I hope he gets better quickly. Has anyone else at daycare come down with it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter