The Great Disney Scavenger Hunt - Answers

Whew all of the questions for the 4 parks are now done! Sorry it took so long I kind of lost steam at the end.

Just as a point of interest I e-mailed D23 to see if they were doing another Scavenger Hunt next year (because of course we want to do it again)...and they told me they haven't set their calendar yet - sigh not the answer I was hoping for...

Happy Hunting everyone!!

Thanks again for all the help!!!

I definitely hear you about losing steam, I felt that way along the way as well.

And please do keep us up-to-date when they finally announce the date!! I'm looking forward to it being .... next week! :goodvibes

Thanks again for all the help!!!

I definitely hear you about losing steam, I felt that way along the way as well.

And please do keep us up-to-date when they finally announce the date!! I'm looking forward to it being .... next week! :goodvibes

OK we ARE looking forward to it but "next week" would be pushing it for a couple of reasons.....

1 we avoid peak season like the plague!

2 cooler weather (than we had in May and than is no doubt in FL right now) would be much appreciated! :rotfl:

I do wish they'd go ahead and post that they're doing it again so we can start counting down !

OK we ARE looking forward to it but "next week" would be pushing it for a couple of reasons.....

1 we avoid peak season like the plague!

2 cooler weather (than we had in May and than is no doubt in FL right now) would be much appreciated! :rotfl:

I do wish they'd go ahead and post that they're doing it again so we can start counting down !

Right on. I agree that avoiding the parks at peak season and in the brutal heat is the way to go. Late January would be cool. :cool1:

Whew all of the questions for the 4 parks are now done! Sorry it took so long I kind of lost steam at the end.

Just as a point of interest I e-mailed D23 to see if they were doing another Scavenger Hunt next year (because of course we want to do it again)...and they told me they haven't set their calendar yet - sigh not the answer I was hoping for...

Happy Hunting everyone!!

Thank you so much for all the hard work you and everyone else did on here. My girls are young but I can't wait to do this with them when they are older!:thumbsup2

I'm glad I subscribed to this. I now have to copy and paste and print before we leave tomorrow. Looking forward to answering hopefully all of these while there. Thank you!

I have to ask...as I'm getting Vertigo jumping back and forth...have you been updating your answer key as people have been supplying various answers? I'm so happy I did this search today :) My DD and several nieces have been bugging me to update one that I did about 10 years ago, so thank you :goodvibes

I was at Epcot this past weekend, where we redid the Scavenger Hunt (without the time limit). I have one (very) small correction. The answer to number 5 is "La Petite Rue" not "Le Petit Rue".

The gallery for the French Wikipedia page for "France (EPCOT)" confirms this spelling. I can't post a link, but the page can be found with a Google search of "la petite rue" Epcot.

For others who plan on doing the scavenger hunt, the "twinning" rock (question 68) has been removed from Epcot. According to a cast member in one of the shops, Epcot UK is no longer "twinned" with Swindon.

Lastly, question 8 can't currently be answered because they are doing construction on the Hotel du Canada building and the banner that covers the building doesn't have the Canadian National Hotels sign painted on it.

I was at Epcot this past weekend, where we redid the Scavenger Hunt (without the time limit). I have one (very) small correction. The answer to number 5 is "La Petite Rue" not "Le Petit Rue".

The gallery for the French Wikipedia page for "France (EPCOT)" confirms this spelling. I can't post a link, but the page can be found with a Google search of "la petite rue" Epcot.

For others who plan on doing the scavenger hunt, the "twinning" rock (question 68) has been removed from Epcot. According to a cast member in one of the shops, Epcot UK is no longer "twinned" with Swindon.

Lastly, question 8 can't currently be answered because they are doing construction on the Hotel du Canada building and the banner that covers the building doesn't have the Canadian National Hotels sign painted on it.

thanks for the updates! I corrected my copy and hope to do this one day.:goodvibes

While attempting to find a web page confirming that the street in France is named La Petite Rue, I discovered that there are a lot of contradictions regarding "Le Petit Rue" vs "La Petite Rue" on different web pages.

Since I don't have a place to store photos and I'm not allowed to use a sig pic here yet, I've updated my avatar to include a picture of the La Petite Rue sign in France.

Thanks guys!

On a trip a few weeks ago, we did the one in the Magic Kingdom again. Now it was the family and I, and we did it as a part of meandering through the parks, so time was not an issue....

I had this moment where I said to DW, "I can't believe I did this in 3 hours!" Holy moley was it tough.:confused3

A few items things we couldn't do - either because the 'prop' was moved, or in the case of tomorrowland, the phone wasn't working - but we made it through most of the hunt.

Anyway, I wanted to point out a couple of items:
trainpins.jpg

Here are the train pins displayed. I've hilighted the two from Santa Fe.

As for the window with the lanterns, this was odd, because the laterns are not in the round window. Perhaps they moved?
window.jpg

And finally, question 79 about the map and flags. We went to the same map I used during the hunt, went around it and solved it, and I snapped a picture. Then, after I got home, I looked at it and realized this is from page *219*, rather than *119* ....am I losing it? Have I become obsessed? LOL

I inadvertedly deleted the picture, but still have this one:
flag.JPG

Anyway, it was fun to go through them again!

I have to ask...as I'm getting Vertigo jumping back and forth...have you been updating your answer key as people have been supplying various answers? I'm so happy I did this search today :) My DD and several nieces have been bugging me to update one that I did about 10 years ago, so thank you :goodvibes

I had - until the very recent posts. I see that some items have been removed, or changed, and I hadn't planned on keeping the list up-to-date with those types of changes (say, the twinned city).

But I would encourage people to post updates as they learn about them.

I have to ask while I have my fellow Scavenger Hunt "nuts" attention - has anyone heard about them having another one at WDW in 2012? We'd love to do it again! As crazy as it was we had a blast!

DD wants to be the Three Pixieteers this year :-)

I had - until the very recent posts. I see that some items have been removed, or changed, and I hadn't planned on keeping the list up-to-date with those types of changes (say, the twinned city).

But I would encourage people to post updates as they learn about them.

I think that it would be great to attempt to keep the answer key up to date with changes. I've had a few people who have wanted to do the Scavenger Park in one of the parks while on their vacation. After complaining that we should have been notified of questions that couldn't be answered during the original hunt (especially since we wasted a lot of time trying to answer some of them), it would be great to be able to tell people, to whom I give the Scavenger Hunt, what questions can't be answered or, in cases such as the George Bailey crate, what that portion of the answer should be, in order to allow them to complete those questions.

Lastly, I've formatted the Scavenger Hunt questions in Excel spreadsheets so that they look very similar to the original books, and I've created a second version where the questions are sorted in walking order of the park (I tried to keep the doubling back to a minimum). In that one, if a multi-part question lists multiple locations, I've listed the question in each of those locations. Conversely, if the answer to the first part of a question leads you to a second (or third) location, I've only listed the question in the location that's specified.

I have no place to host these spreadsheets so they can be downloaded. If anyone has the ability to host these spreadsheets and wants to do so, please let me know and I'll send them to you.

Davey,
I can't send a PM yet (post count too low), so I need to tell you here. In your update of the Le Petit Rue question, you have the updated version as La Petit Rue. It should be La Petite Rue (with an E at the end of Petite).

Also, in the update, you indicate that there may be two different signs. Can you please tell me where the first sign, that says "Le Petit Rue" is?

If you stand in front of Bistro De Paris and started walking away from the lagoon, the "La Petite Rue" sign is painted on the front corner right corner of the first building on the right.

I have to ask while I have my fellow Scavenger Hunt "nuts" attention - has anyone heard about them having another one at WDW in 2012? We'd love to do it again! As crazy as it was we had a blast!

DD wants to be the Three Pixieteers this year :-)

I haven't heard anything either! I'm still waiting (somewhat impatiently <smirk>)

Love the name.

Thanks to all who helped to put this together and to amend it! I had done a homemade treasure hunt a couple of years ago and we had a great time. Although my DW & DMIL cheated to win on that hunt...but that is another story!!! This is so much bigger; we can use it on several trips. Thanks again :thumbsup2

Doug

Here is the current list for the Magic Kingdom

MK (1-point):
1- Notions
2- Swindlin' Pins
3- Younger Brothers
4- Ichabod Crane
5- Tue, Thur, Sat 7PM - 2PM
6- Retired
7- Little Star
8- Koda
9- Mickey Mouse
10- briar sweet briar
11 - Flying carpets
12 - Stitch
13 - Burlesque Bouncer
14 - James A. Garfield
15 - scissors
16 - bee tree
17 - Sea Serpent
18 - Astroil
19 - Critical
20 - AA
21 - The phone is not working
22 - Scarab
23 - Timothy Q Mouse
24 - Kite
25 - Tom Morrow
26- Planet Z
27- Starry O Phonic
28- adventure
29- witty, experienced
30- pongo pygmaeus
31- run aground
32-torre del cielo
33- someday
34- His Maker
35- Lytum N Hyde
36- black tar molasses
37- James K Polk
38- armor
39- hero hunny
40- Disco Ball
41- Powerful
42- Star Cadet
43- 108 ft
44- $350.00
45- DK715
46- page 24
47- 20,000
48- Santa Fe
49- 2
50- 2
51- 14 - the 13 colony flags, plus the stars & stripes
52- 8
53- 3
54- 18
55- 6
56- O.Ferrante
57- Burning Bianca
58- A.C. Dietz Co
59- Texas John Slaughter
60- Widowmaker
61- Kepple
62- Cousin Maude
63- Ravenscroft
64- Leonard BurnedStar
65- Galactic Communications Network
66- Gigantabot
67- the train is traveling to Kimball Canyon
68- Alexandria
69- Bora Danno
70- South Carolina
71- Boot Hill
72- XP 37
73- 8:15
74- 1927
75- 1863

MK (5 points)
76 - Tampa
77- Dole Whip
78- Osh Popham
79- red and green
80- Grizzly Hall
81- America
82- Manifest Destiny
83- Catfish Cove
84- Perfect Moment

MK (10 points)
85- Roy E Disney
86- Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
87- Pinocchio
88- Bob Foster
89- hippo
90- the phone isn't working, but what if I told you what you hear is "Sonny Eclipse"...the answer would be Barbosa
91- galaxy whizzer
92- Donald Duck
93- Randy Pausch
94- golf

--last updated 11/16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter