The Great Swine Flu Debacle Spring Trip Do Over

Suellen

DIS Veteran
**Disclaimer** Okay ~ I have never finished a PreTrip report or a Trip Report. I swear to do my best this time!

Now that that is out of the way:

The explanation of the title.

Last year we had our trip all planned ~ with 8 nights and deluxe dining. I had all the primo ADR's in place and we were totally stoked for vacation.

During the weeks leading up to vacation I BEGGED DH to cut back on his 80 hour weeks and get some rest. Reminded him again and again he didn't want to get sick on vacation.

Day 2 ~ hubby gets sick.

Day 3 ~ he was so sick I insisted he call the front desk to see if there was an on call doctor. There was. The on call doctor called him and said he should go to the clinic ASAP ~ they sent a car for him.

Okay ~ so I admit ~ I was MAD at him for being sick. They told him the wait would likely be upwards of 7 hours. I told him that the girls, mom and I wouldn't go with him to the clinic. He agreed and said he would call when he knew something.

We went to dinner at Garden Grill and about 1.5 hours later I grabbed my cell phone to see if he called. He had. Eight times. His O2 levels were so low they rushed him through. XRAYS later and a swab (up the noise btw not of the throat) he was diagnosed with Pneumonia and Respiratory Flu. He was calling me b/c they couldn't get his RX card to go through and they wanted $2000 for the meds. But by the time I realized it he was on his way back already. Without meds.

We all got back to the room about the same time. I called the front desk to ask about pharmacy's that delivered and called the place they said and it was the same amount and they didn't take insurance.

So we called an 80/cab to Orlando to a 24 hour pharmacy. We got his scripts for $4.

The next day he was feeling a little better but not much. While he still tried to enjoy the trip with us it was a total blowout.

I feel bad about being mad at him... but I am still sorta mad about the whole thing. I planned REALLY hard. For a LONG time.

So we have been back and done deluxe dining twice since then ~ but not with my mom (this is a really important factor!) ~ and our Spring Trip is OUR SPRING TRIP!

So that's the background. Up next: The When/Who/Where

The Crew:

Me: The Mommy ~ Suze
DH: The Dadddy ~ Dan
DM: The Grandmother ~ Pat
DD1: The Oldest Daughter ~ Mimi/Mena/Melina ~ She is four will be five in July
DD2: The Baby ~ Zoe/ZZ/Z/Zo-Zo ~ she is 2 and will be 3 June 1st

Here are some pictures from previous trips:

ZZ ~ Love this because it shows who she is!

IMG_7305.JPG

Mimi ~ she loves Epcot the most!

IMG_7329.JPG

The two of them on "It's a Little World" ~ another Mimi fav:

IMG_7312.JPG

Here are links to our previous trips:

2007 (Mimi's first trip) http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/DisneyApril2007#
No Z b/c I was 7 months pregnant with her!

2007 ~ Sept (Our first MNSSHP and ZZ's first trip) http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/DisneySept2007#

2008 ~ May (Our first trip with my mom since having grandkids)
http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/DisneyAprilMay2008Part2#
http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/DisneyAprilMay2008#

This one is in two parts... I may have been picture happy!

2009 (March) ~ http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/DisneyMarch2009#
The great Swine Flu trip

Our March Photopass http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/PhotoPassPhotos#

January/February 2010 ~ first trip with just me and the girls
http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/FloridaJanFeb2010#

We also were there in Sept 2009 (forgot my cam ~ all photos are still on my iphone ~ and December ~ also not uploaded yet.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!!

The Where:

Beach Club Villas!!

We stayed once only for a couple of days in a Studio. We were moving from SSR so I drove over to check us in early (I think the earlier you check in the sooner your room is ready). I knew the minute I walked in the room this was going to be DH's favorite Disney Resort.

I called him and told him as much. He thought I was making fun of him ~ because he gets ticked that Disney says they don't have motels rather "resorts". When the kids were little he always wanted a hotel that had hallways and didn't open right to the outside. So he called and explained that he didn't want a motel and they told him to try POR ~ so he booked it and when we got there he was so upset!

So I thought for sure he would love BCV and sure enough he couldn't WAIT to get back there.

This will be mom's first time at BCV and I keep trying to explain to her how nice it is and she still seems to think it will be "just a place to stay"

While as far as I am concerned it is just as much a part of the vacation as the parks!

My girls just loved Stormalong bay and are totally looking forward to the BIG SLIDE again.

Another thing I am hoping for is enjoying the walk to Epcot ~ and maybe viewing fireworks from the Beach.

I have been working on our ADR's and am pretty happy with them. I still have CRT left to do and one other Signature. So far here is where we will be eating

Cape May Cafe (1B and 1Dinner)
Teppan Edo ~ lunch ~ new to us
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
Tonys Town Square ~ new to us
Liberty Tree Tavern
Ohana's
Yachtman's Club
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Hmmm that is all I can remember without going up stairs to look it up!

I still have a few spots to fill and will probably add a Tutto Italia and a San Angel Inn if I can.

DH is so excited to have a resort with a good breakfast place... since we have a time with getting up early (well not us but the kids and ONLY at WDW ~ strange little girls) it can sometimes be hard for us to trek all over the world for breakfast!

So our trip was originally planned for BLT for this week. I got nervous and canceled it. Gosh the weather has been horrible down there for what we want! SWIMMING!

So I rebooked for April. Then the weather didn't seem to be improving. So I canceled that.

I booked for May and now I think I will get the weather I am looking for!!

I have been shopping for the girls for the trip.

They love dresses so we hit the Hanna Andersson Store and got some great dresses!!

I also got them each an outfit! I am hoping to pack light since we will have the washer and dryer.

We also found out that one of my mom's friends who is a CM decided to book a night to stay with us at BCV and will be bringing her granddaughter who is just a year older than Mimi. So I am excited for her to have a playmate at least for a little while!

Yay looks like I'm first! I was seriously considering rebooking our trip for May as well because of the weather. I want sunshine! :goodvibes

That really stinks about your last Spring Break trip, with your DH getting so sick. Hopefully no one gets sick this time around!

All your ADR's look great, food is my favorite part of the trip. popcorn:: I can't wait to read more!

helloo!! I'm here...can't wait to hear more! Your kids are sooo cute!! Sorry to hear about your other trip...I'm glad you get a do-over!!

Yay! I have readers! :)

Thanks about the girls. We do think they are adorable ~ but we are a little... um partial. LOL!

Yeah ~ Swine Flu trip was hard because I still had DD's to entertain ~ so we continued our trip and went to our ADR's and he missed a lot.

I even started to get sick ~ but took a couple of his Tamiflu (I mean it really was too late for him to take them anyway) and a long nap and I think I avoided the worst of it.

Here are our exact dining ressies as they stand today!

So far here are our dining plans ~ we are doing deluxe dining for the I don't know how manyith times!

May 16th ~ Check in at BCV

No ADR's for this day yet.

May 17th ~ Magic Kingdom Day
Crystal Palace 9:20
Liberty Tree Tavern 2:15
Tony's Town Square 6:55

May 18th ~ Animal Kingdom (day 1/2 day?)
We aren't huge fans of AK

Tusker House 9:20
Yak and Yeti 2:00
1900 Park Fare 7:30

May 19th ~ Epcot Day
Cape May 8:45
Teppan Edo 1:00
Yachtsman Steakhouse 8:05

May 20th ~ Magic Kingdom Day
Ohana's 9:20
GF Cafe 1:25
Chef Mickey's 7:55

May 21st ~ Pool Day
Cape May 8:55
Beaches and Cream for Lunch
Garden Grill 6:20

May 22nd ~ Epcot
Le Cellier 12:15

Hmmm I see a fundemental flaw in my planning ~ no DHS! DD will cry if she can't ride ToT.

Will need to reevaluate I think!

Thank you! Not sure how I am going to get DHS in there. I also never got Tutto Italia yet... OR Ohana's for dinner. Hmmmmm.

Your ADR's sound awesome. You really are a table service junkie! :lmao:

Could you fit DHS into the day you're doing AK for a 1/2 day? That would be a bummer to completely miss DHS.

Okay I have fixed the DHS problem! It was so obvious I don't know why I didn't think of it!

Sunday ~ checkin day!

We will head to DHS for SciFi for lunch and 50's Primetime for a late dinner.

That should give us a good amount of time to see what we want to! :)

DD love ToT ~ it is her favorite ride! I can't let her miss it!

Plus last time both DD's love the Beauty and the Beast Show as well as The Little Mermaid.

I think we are all set on dresses and bathing suits for the girls.

Still need to remember to get a few things ~ sunscreen ~ always important!!

I wonder if they make small spray containers you can pop in your cargo shorts pocket.

Off to see if I can find that!

OH ~ I lost mine and DD's AP's I HOPE I Can find them or that she gets another Minnie Ticket as I had to trade her pluto one for her. She was devastated she didn't get a Minnie one the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter