The greatest graduation present ever... July 2010!!!

carly3592

Mouseketeer
Hi! So I'm new to this board, but I've been going to Disney parks since I was 4... I'm a very seasoned Disney traveler haha. So, because I'm graduating from high school this year (go 2010!!!), my aunt has graciously given me her Vacation Club points to use for a Disney vacation!!! I will be going with my DM :maleficen and my DBF :stitch: haha

We will be flying down from either Bradely Int'l or Providence. Depending on the best deals with flights... it looks like we'll be flying Southwest. No extra fees with baggage, lowest prices at the moment, etc... Since we'll be down there in July, we're getting ready to book within the next week or so!!!!!!

We used my aunt's points to stay for 4 nights at Old Key West. I've never stayed at this resort, so I'm very excited. The last time I went to Disney I stayed at Saratoga Springs, which I liked a lot, so I'm hoping that OKW is just as good.

Parks... I'm planning on going to all 4. Because of the number of days I have due to the points, one of the four parks will have to be on a travel day. And depending on the flight times, I'm more willing to go to a park on the day I fly down rather than the day I fly back. I'm leaning towards Epcot to be on the travel day, because I probably would spend most of my time in Future World... Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, the Ellen DeGeneres ride... I think that would cover everything.

The most difficult thing I'm experiencing right now is getting my BF excited for this trip. He hasn't been to Disney in at least 10 years, so he doesn't remember much. Also, his parents are making him pay for everything- his airplane ticket, his park tickets... so whenever I bring up this trip, he rolls his eyes and kinda becomes a wet towel... but he tells me that he'll be excited when we leave, so I hope he enjoys it!

Feel free to leave suggestions, comments... whatever!!! I'm VERY excited for this trip!!! Only 124 days!

I hope you have an amazing time!!! Don't worry about the wet towel boyfriend...you'll convert him in no time :teeth:

As for the park on your travel day, if it were me I'd probably pick AK because it has the least amount of stuff to do, but that's just me.

Keep us posted!

Ya, I'm probably willing to go any park on the travel day, expect for of course MK. I'm just trying to figure out what the best order to do things in is.

Also, AK usually closes the earliest... and if I get there later in the day, then that gives me even less time to do stuff... even though AK has the least amount of 'stuff' to do haha.

Actually, I just checked the WDW website:surfweb:... and AK has EMH in the evening on my travel day.... so they're actually open until 10pm, which is later than Epcot that day...

Hmmm maybe you're right haha

I just bought my plane tickets:cool1:

So I will officially be arriving at Orlando Int'l Airport at noon. Soooo that could put me in a park by 2pm??? Since AK is open until 10pm that night I think I'll go there and deal with the fact that all the Fastpasses might be gone.

I really want to buy my park tickets and reserve our seats for the Magical Express now, but that will give me nothing to do after except to wait:scared1:

Hey everybody!!!

I was wondering when I should get my park tickets. I've been on a ton of WDW vacations before, but this is the first one that I'm planning on my own. I leave in 3 months as of tomorrow (AAAHHHH!!!!!!!) so I'm starting to think about the next step in my vacation planning.

I'm either gonna buy them online or through AAA. They don't offer the greatest discounts where I live, but it's something.

So should I get the tickets and the Magical Express sometime this month or next? It probably wouldn't hurt to wait, but I'm just so dang excited:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter