The Groovy New Pop Century FAQ Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandi....thank you it's been an extremely tough road so far! Actually our party size has changed requiring a connecting room and due to mil needing a handicap room, we may luck out and get a king room. I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed as this would make our life a whole lot easier. We'll see what happens?! One way or another we'll work it out.

annieh6 said:
No milkshakes, or milk in the refillable mugs. The only options for those mugs are apple juice, slushies, lemonade and sodas (coke products).
Annie :wave:
Thanks but I knew not with the mugs I wondered if with a cs meal that includes a drink if the drink could be a milkshake?? Does anyone know???

english rose
I don't know the answer to your question, but if I had to guess, I would say it is not included. The reason I say 'no' is because the milkshakes are made in an area 'outside' the food court, over in the dessert/ice cream area. You pay for those items at a different register than any other food court items.

Like I said, I don't know for sure, but based on the location, I would lean towards no. Sorry.

english rose 47 said:
Thanks but I knew not with the mugs I wondered if with a cs meal that includes a drink if the drink could be a milkshake?? Does anyone know???
I wasn't on the meal plan at pop but at POFQ they were considered dessert.

I'm not sure if you can get a milkshake in place of a beverage. However when we were at Pop Century in May they let us get a milkshake in place of desert for our CS meals. I usually got that first as it is outside the regular meal area.

This thread is WAY too long to read all the way through, so please forgive me if these questions have been asked a million times -

How far is it from the parking lots to the rooms?

Is there room in between the beds for an air mattress?

How loud is it REALLY?

Thanks, guys! :thumbsup2

Al and Kate's Mom said:
This thread is WAY too long to read all the way through, so please forgive me if these questions have been asked a million times -

How far is it from the parking lots to the rooms?

Is there room in between the beds for an air mattress?

How loud is it REALLY?

We just got back from Pop on Tuesday.

Some of the rooms are very close to parking lots. If you want to be close to the parking lot, ask for that when you check in.

We didn't have an air mattress, but I'm not sure one would fit. Space seemed kind of tight in the room.

I did think it was loud. We heard the toilets (loudly), neighbors (though not loudly--just muffled voices), and people who thought it was OK to loudly run and yell past our room late at night. I didn't mind the toilets and muffled voices as much as I did the people who thought it is OK to run like a herd of elephants and talk loudly past 11:00 PM when my kids were trying to sleep, though that behavior can happen at any resort. Since we were near the elevator, we were in a high foot traffic area and every night we had this problem. It's a lack of courtesy more than a Pop Century issue.

We also heard "ding!" every time the elevator stopped on the 3rd floor. This didn't bother me much because it was a light sound, but we did hear it. That ding noise bothered my dd. Sometimes we heard the ice machine, too. I brought a white noise machine, but we still had a lot of outside noise coming in when we were sleeping.

That said, it's a cute resort with all of the icons and we loved the music they played in the food court and pool areas. My kids made good use of their refillable mugs and the slushie machines!

Have a good trip!

Al and Kate's Mom said:

...Is there room in between the beds for an air mattress?...

Yes, you can fit a twin sized air mattress! I asked the same question on this thread a few months back. A fellow DISer was nice enough to post pictures of the air mattress in the room when they got back from vacation. I have tried to find the posts to link for you, but for some reason I can't find them? :confused3
Anyway, the person who posted the pics for me put the mattress cross-wise by the feet of the beds. There is normally a table and chairs there, and they moved those to the space by the window. Others have reporting putting a mattress by the door of the room.
We are leaving for Pop in 2 days (YEAH!!!!!), and I am bringing a twin air mattress so I'll find out soon enough how it works out! HTH!

just wanted to say Hi! to a fellow Long Islander Have a great time and pls let me know when you get back if you write a TR, I love to read them but am really looking forward to the ones who stay at POP..I never have yet...soon though :wave: .Ruthie

Pixiedust34 said:
We just got back from Pop on Tuesday.

Some of the rooms are very close to parking lots. If you want to be close to the parking lot, ask for that when you check in.

We didn't have an air mattress, but I'm not sure one would fit. Space seemed kind of tight in the room.

I did think it was loud. We heard the toilets (loudly), neighbors (though not loudly--just muffled voices), and people who thought it was OK to loudly run and yell past our room late at night. I didn't mind the toilets and muffled voices as much as I did the people who thought it is OK to run like a herd of elephants and talk loudly past 11:00 PM when my kids were trying to sleep, though that behavior can happen at any resort. Since we were near the elevator, we were in a high foot traffic area and every night we had this problem. It's a lack of courtesy more than a Pop Century issue.

We also heard "ding!" every time the elevator stopped on the 3rd floor. This didn't bother me much because it was a light sound, but we did hear it. That ding noise bothered my dd. Sometimes we heard the ice machine, too. I brought a white noise machine, but we still had a lot of outside noise coming in when we were sleeping.

That said, it's a cute resort with all of the icons and we loved the music they played in the food court and pool areas. My kids made good use of their refillable mugs and the slushie machines!

Have a good trip!

We just got back on Tuesday too, 3rd floor also (building 4)! I agree it was loud, we had asked for a lake view but got pool. It was pretty noisy, but we could sleep through it. Great place for kids though!

katiedid0801 said:
We just got back on Tuesday too, 3rd floor also (building 4)! I agree it was loud, we had asked for a lake view but got pool. It was pretty noisy, but we could sleep through it. Great place for kids though!

We were in Building 3 (Tramp). We liked the Lady and the Tramp icons.

Here is a Pop Century review I wrote for my yet-to-be-posted trip report:

Pop Century Review:

Pros:
--The biggest pro is the price. The price is very reasonable for an on site stay!
--The icons are cute and colorful.
--The shadow boxes in the lobby are interesting. We looked at them several times.
--The themeing is cute.
--We loved the slurpee machine!
--The bus service was great! The longest wait we had was 20 minutes, but frequently we waited 10 minutes or less for a bus.
--It was nice to not share the bus with another resort. Once you're on that bus, you go straight to the park. You can't beat that!
--The room was small, but it was adequate for the three of us. I think it would have been adequate with dh, too. We don't need a lot of space.
--The lobby music was fun and fit in well with the resort.
--There are 3 pools, and my kids liked the beach balls. We swam in all 3 pools. The Hippy Dippy was our favorite, followed by the 50s pool. The computer pool wasn't themed as well as the others. The 80s/90s music wasn't playing when we were there. I don't know if the speakers were broken or if they just don't play music at that end. We enjoyed the 50s and 60s music--that added a lot to the theme of the pool!
--Mousekeeping did a pretty good job. We didn't get any towel animals or cute stuffed animal poses, but our room was clean. They came pretty early, before noon.
--The laundry room was clean and the location (right next to the pool) was very convenient.

Cons:
--You could hear neighbors too easily. We were near the elevator, which is convenient for walking, but we heard "ding!" and the ice machine a lot.
--We missed the perks of the moderate resorts. I knew ahead of time that we'd not have those perks, but we still missed them.
--Overall, I wasn't impressed with the food court. It was loud and busy at all times and the lines were long. If we wanted food at different stations, our food was cold by the time we waited in line and were seated.
--Pop Century is bright and loud at all times. There is a lot of action here! That's not a bad thing, but I prefer more of a tranquil setting when we take a break from the park. My kids liked all of the bright colors and action, but I fit in better at a quieter setting that is not "hopping" all of the time.

I would stay at Pop Century again if I were taking a short trip and/or if I were on a tight budget, but I prefer a moderate level resort over Pop Century. We do take breaks in our room and swim a lot, so we use the resort for more than sleeping. That said, Pop Century does have it's good points, and we enjoyed all of the pros of this resort!

Thanks everyone - this is truly the greatest community - you guys are always so willing to help out - thanks for letting me be a part! :thanks: :disrocks:

I know they say there's no dumb ??? :confused3 butI am trying to visualize the food court at Pop and the DDP. Saay dgd wants a chhesebugher, dgs akids Mac & cheese, DD a salad, me a chicken parm. Now we also get dessert with DDP. and I read dessert line is seperate . :confused3 First how do you do that on DDp and second are each of these meals seperate lines and when do you show and how that you are on DDP? I'm sure it is not as complicated as I'm thinking but all you Pop Vets HELP!!! :confused3 :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :moped:

*Most* of the desserts are also available in the regular food court area. There are several different counters in Pop's food court. Depending on what you want, you will grab a tray and enter that line (example: hot dogs/hamburgers are at one counter while pasta, pizza and caesar salads are at a different counter). After everyone has gotten their food (my dh & I typically split up to get the food faster), you can check out together. There are dessert items in the refrigerated cases/bakery area, as well as frozen treats in the freezer.

Now there is also a separate dessert counter, outside the food court area, next to Classic Conconctions. They have the same cakes (carrot cake, brownies, etc) but also have the ability to do scoops of ice cream, sundaes and milkshakes.

I hope this helps a little! Below is a pic from Mouseplanet. Note the different colored circles over each different counter. Hopefully that helps too. :)

These are the 'counters' where you make your food selection...
FoodCourt-holland.jpg

I'm from the UK. We will be staying at Pop for the first time in Sept 07. We are already SOOOOO excited :banana: I have read that people sometimes decorate their windows. Can someone please tell me if this is all year round or only for Christmas , Halloween etc? DD7 would love to do this but I don't know if it will be appropriate at the time we are there. She would use a general Disney theme, Princess Jasmine is the flavour of the moment :goodvibes

Is the prefered location worth the extra $$? Or can we manage to get close with out being in the "prefered" section? Is there any building that is closer to the food court, but a littler quieter than right in front of the pool? And one more and final question :blush: , how much quieter is the 4th floor compared to the others?

lmountford said:
I'm from the UK. We will be staying at Pop for the first time in Sept 07. We are already SOOOOO excited :banana: I have read that people sometimes decorate their windows. Can someone please tell me if this is all year round or only for Christmas , Halloween etc? DD7 would love to do this but I don't know if it will be appropriate at the time we are there. She would use a general Disney theme, Princess Jasmine is the flavour of the moment :goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful time on your first visit to POP!! We've been there twice and have loved so much about both of our stays there! :sunny:

I've noticed many of the windows decorated with various stuffed animals, Peter Pan Dolls, Pooh Hats, Cinderella barbies, Buzz and Woody dolls, etc etc--we have been both times in April, not over a holiday, and I think the kids decorate thteir window spaces with any and all of their favorites!! I know we did!! We even had the experieince (at ASMo) of the mousekeeper decorating our window with our varoius disney toys for us! That was a magical surprise to come home to form the parks that night!! Have fun planning and anticpating all of the fun!!! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 WE LOVED POP!! Stayed there for 12 nights in July and it was the best!...We stayed in the 50's, the one with the lady and the tramp. Not too far from the food court , quiet...loved it. Had a great view of the lake.
I would recommend POP to anyone....Have a great time... :yay:

We are going to Pop for the 3rd time. We drive down so we like to have a ground floor in the 90's section. It is very close to the computer pool and parking is right there. It is my favortie place. Unless you are going to use the stuff at the Mods like the water slides, water toys then we stay at the Pop. Last year we stayed at CBR we liked it really well but there was not much difference except the waterslide.'
Lexi :Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter