The Guarantee / GTY stateroom anticipation/discussion thread!

August 11th on the Dream :) Just booked yesterday! We are surprising our 3 kids as they have no idea.. the 11th is my son's 5th birthday.

We are also sailing on the 9/19 cruise. We have a 05E GTY. We have yet to be assigned to a room number. Will we know before we leave?

Checked again last night and we were assigned room 5164. This is a cat 4E. I was really hoping to stay in 5E but at least these verandas are a bit bigger than the norm. Either way we will be on board!

Sail date: September 21st
Ship: Fantasy
Booked Category: 5E GTY
Room assigned: 6192
Room category: 5E
Happy? Yes, probably the largest balcony on the ship...can't ever go wrong with free space on a balcony.
Time i got it: Today...i checked at 3:30pm

Room assigned: 6192
Room category: 5E
Happy? Yes, probably the largest balcony on the ship...can't ever go wrong with free space on a balcony.
Time i got it: Today...i checked at 3:30pm

Assuming the Fantasy and the Dream have the rooms numbered the same I can tell you that the veranda for 6192 on the Dream is slightly smaller because of the flag pole. Still a very large outdoor area.

We had kind of a weird thing happen. We originally thought we booked GTY in category 9D for the November 9 Wonder cruise through Costco Travel.

Costco called today to say that they had made a mistake on our reservation and since there are not 9D's available now, even at GTY, they upgraded us to a 9C at their cost and now we have a room assignment.

I was a little disappointed that we only got upgraded 1 level, but I'm just glad we have a spot on the cruise. :) I'm not entirely sure when the mix up happened but the only other bad thing about it is that we are now stuck with the second seating for dinner, which wasn't our preference.

We had kind of a weird thing happen. We originally thought we booked GTY in category 9D for the November 9 Wonder cruise through Costco Travel.

Costco called today to say that they had made a mistake on our reservation and since there are not 9D's available now, even at GTY, they upgraded us to a 9C at their cost and now we have a room assignment.

I was a little disappointed that we only got upgraded 1 level, but I'm just glad we have a spot on the cruise. :) I'm not entirely sure when the mix up happened but the only other bad thing about it is that we are now stuck with the second seating for dinner, which wasn't our preference.

Were you originally booked with early dining? If so, I think I'd call them back and discuss the issue with them. I'm not sure WHY you don't still have your dining time, if you had that originally... Since it WAS their mistake, it doesn't hurt to call and check and see what they can do (and even maybe go to a supervisor and explain the situation). You could at least be put on the waitlist? It doesn't hurt to ask!:confused3

We are set to sail on the Disney Wonder on 9/28 and booked a navigator's verandah 07A GTY. I logged in this morning and saw we have a room assignment, but I'm a little confused. It says this:

Room # 6632, Category 07A, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah

However, when I look this room up on the deck plans, it shows 6632 to be in category 5C. It's right next the navigator verandah rooms, but still in the 5C class. Can anyone confirm if 6632 is indeed a 5C and, if so, why the reservation would still say "Category 07A, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah"?

We are set to sail on the Disney Wonder on 9/28 and booked a navigator's verandah 07A GTY. I logged in this morning and saw we have a room assignment, but I'm a little confused. It says this:

Room # 6632, Category 07A, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah

However, when I look this room up on the deck plans, it shows 6632 to be in category 5C. It's right next the navigator verandah rooms, but still in the 5C class. Can anyone confirm if 6632 is indeed a 5C and, if so, why the reservation would still say "Category 07A, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah"?

Yes, 6632 IS a 5C! With GTY rates, your reservation will always say the category you booked, not the category you are assigned to. :goodvibes

It almost sounds like maybe they hadn't even made a reservation for you, or it had been accidentally cancelled so they had to rebook? I would definitely be checking on booking dates and calling them back!

Room assigned: 9520
Room category: 5A
Happy? Would have preferred the 5E but surely not complaining - we´re going on the Mickey boat:)
First time on one of the new ships and first time with a verandah on a Disney ship - life is good.

Were you originally booked with early dining? If so, I think I'd call them back and discuss the issue with them. I'm not sure WHY you don't still have your dining time, if you had that originally... Since it WAS their mistake, it doesn't hurt to call and check and see what they can do (and even maybe go to a supervisor and explain the situation). You could at least be put on the waitlist? It doesn't hurt to ask!:confused3

I'm not entirely sure what happened but what Costco said happened is that when we changed the date of our cruise in April, somehow that change never got registered with Disney. That doesn't really make sense to me because I held on the phone while they called Disney and made the change. And the receipt we got from Costco Travel had all the right info on it.

That might really be the case, but last week when I called to make a payment, I could tell the gal I was talking too didn't really have a clue what was going on and sounded confused about things. Clearly she was new. I almost wonder if when she made our payment for us, she somehow cancelled our reservation?

It was the supervisor who called us yesterday to tell us about the problem. She was very nice about it and really, it cost Costco over $800 to rebook us at the higher category. She said she would keep checking back to see if the earlier dinning opened back up. She also said there wasn't a waitlist for early dinner but she would keep following up to see if that is an option too.

I do need to call them back today because when we changed our reservation (back in April mind you), we booked under the WON pin that had the OBC with it. I don't see that mentioned anywhere in our paperwork and I want to make sure we still have that.

I'm not entirely sure what happened but what Costco said happened is that when we changed the date of our cruise in April, somehow that change never got registered with Disney. That doesn't really make sense to me because I held on the phone while they called Disney and made the change. And the receipt we got from Costco Travel had all the right info on it.

That might really be the case, but last week when I called to make a payment, I could tell the gal I was talking too didn't really have a clue what was going on and sounded confused about things. Clearly she was new. I almost wonder if when she made our payment for us, she somehow cancelled our reservation?

It was the supervisor who called us yesterday to tell us about the problem. She was very nice about it and really, it cost Costco over $800 to rebook us at the higher category. She said she would keep checking back to see if the earlier dinning opened back up. She also said there wasn't a waitlist for early dinner but she would keep following up to see if that is an option too.

I do need to call them back today because when we changed our reservation (back in April mind you), we booked under the WON pin that had the OBC with it. I don't see that mentioned anywhere in our paperwork and I want to make sure we still have that.

I WOULD call back! There IS a waitlist for early dining, because we were wait listed last time and got it! Think I would call back just for some verification anyway! Good Luck!:thumbsup2

Question - once we've been assigned, do we still have the option to upgrade? If so, is there a penalty to do so? Would it be based on the current rates? :confused3

We booked the Disney Dream sailing on 9/26 around mid July. I checked our reservation on Disney Cruise today and got our room assignment. I purchased a GTY 07A (the lowest priced balcony room at that time) and I got a "10514" which is a cat. 05A. I guess we should be pretty happy about it.

my question would be:

will they change the room assignment before we sail?

Question - once we've been assigned, do we still have the option to upgrade? If so, is there a penalty to do so? Would it be based on the current rates? :confused3

We booked an 8A GTY and were assigned an HA room that we didn't need. We made the decision to upgrade to a 7A GTY and paid the difference based on what the rates were when we had originally booked so no, it is not based on current rates. We were not charged any type of penalty for upgrading. Since our upgrade category was also GTY, we had to wait a few days to receive our new assignment but it was worth it. We were upgraded to a 5B. :)

I think you are interested in discounted *GT rates, which are on a different thread. The GTY assignments on this thread are not discounted.

How do you find a non-discounted GTY rate, and is the only benefit to it the possibility of upgrade? Are GTY rates offered before *GT rates?

We originally booked a 7A and then got upgraded to a 5B. Today, they put out FL resident discounts for our sailing for catagory 7A. I called to see if we could take advantage of it. We not only got the discount, but another upgrade to Cat. 5A! :thumbsup2 This room is a deck higher and aft. Closer to the soda stations for DH and the walk to the gym will do us some good, LOL.

What are the rules for FL resident rates? We have one person who is a FL resident....should I try to book us separate rooms to save $$, or will they give her a lower rate, and keep us at the regular rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter